PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass question?

yabadabado
05-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I may sound like a complete cheese by asking this but the last time I visited DL was in 1999 and they didn't have the Fast Pass process going on at the time. I would appreciate it if you could explain the process on how it works and any advise on how to use it with my party of 9 people. Also, when you do have the passes, is there a special line strictly for the people with passes? Are the machines for a specific ride located right in front of the ride? Again I hope I don't sound like a cheese but I'm going next week and I would like the experience for everyone to be fantastic and as smooth as possible. Thanks in advanced for all your advise and help.

Disneyfun
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I may sound like a complete cheese by asking this but the last time I visited DL was in 1999 and they didn't have the Fast Pass process going on at the time. I would appreciate it if you could explain the process on how it works and any advise on how to use it with my party of 9 people. Also, when you do have the passes, is there a special line strictly for the people with passes? Are the machines for a specific ride located right in front of the ride? Again I hope I don't sound like a cheese but I'm going next week and I would like the experience for everyone to be fantastic and as smooth as possible. Thanks in advanced for all your advise and help.
When you go to a ride that has fast pass you will see two lines One for fast past the other is stand timeby. You will also see a time For how long the stand by line is and what time you can presently get a fast pass.
SO say there is a 60 minute wait for splash mountain. The fast pass might say you can get a ticket for 6:45 -7:45. Meaning you can come back anytime that night between that time and you will wait in a smaller line.
To get a fast pass each member of the party has to put in their ticket. I have had happen where you are putting in the tickets and the first couple say 6:45 -7:45 and the others will say 7:00 -8:00 your whole party can then go on at 7:00. The catch is you can only get one fast pass at a time meaning if at 10 am you get one for 7pm you will not be able to get another untill after 7:00 ( Now this may have changed a bit and there is more info about this but I do not know the specifics. )
Hop ethis helps some.

yabadabado
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
We all have a 2 day park hopper tickets. Do these tickets allow us to have Fast Passes or did we need to purchase something else to be able to have it?

Disneyfun
05-23-2005, 08:49 PM
We all have a 2 day park hopper tickets. Do these tickets allow us to have Fast Passes or did we need to purchase something else to be able to have it?
All passes except some employee type can get a the fast pass. Once you go into the park you need to hold on to your ticket and use any fast pass terminal you could get fast pass in both parks just not at the same time.
So Say you get a splash fast pass in the morning. You can get a Soaring later if They are available.

yabadabado
05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey Disneyfun, thanks for all of your advise I really appreciate it I will definately put it all to use. Thank again!

Disneyfun
05-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Hope it helps and Have a great Trip!!!!

Will be looking forward to hearing a trip report!

HydroGuy
05-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Check this thread from last September. It is very exhaustive.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31965&highlight=fastpass

Based on recent Darkbeer posts here are some updates.

1. When you get a FASTPASS the window opening is always at least 40 minutes from the time you got it (this is only relevant first thing in the morning because after awhile the FASTPASS windows will be for several hours after issuance).

2. In DL all FASTPASSes are "networked" except for Roger Rabbit. Sometimes Star Tours is networked and sometimes not.

3. In DCA all FASTPASSes are "networked" except for Grizzly River Run.

4. On some days with lower attendance FASTPASSes are not available for certain attractions.