PDA

View Full Version : DCA Much Better than Expected

peng
05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
A week ago Thursday, I spent a pretty good first day at DCA. Maybe it was my terribly low expectations, but I liked it qute a lot. Soarin over Cal was very well done, as was the rapids ride. The whole bug's life part was charming. We had a great lunch at the bakery (boudin's i think).

The faux boardwalk was the weakest part.

In general, I think if you happened upon it without knowing much about it you would like it. The attention to detail in the theming is great - particularily in the rapids ride.

But - and this is going to sound cliche - it truly does not stand up well to a comparison with any of the disney parks in North America. And for what it costs, gotta say I would rather spend that day of my multi-day pass at the real thing next door.

Mukta
05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm glad to hear you weren't totally disappointed. What other attractions did you experience?

Colin
05-23-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm really looking forward to going!!!

It must surely beat the Paris Studios LOL :D

C°o°lin

QueenAlisha
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I like DCA, sure its not the greatest park ever and some areas could be better, but we ALWAYS have tons of fun there.

SilverStyle
05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Hope you checked Tower and Screamin

disNeytEen
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
im glad your low expectations were met :) ! Sounds like you had some fun, and the detailing of the whole park is great. The board walk is a little :( but Screamin' is one of the funnest rollercoasters at the DL resort, and it dose have some charm. Glad once again that you weren't fully dissapointed

SuefromRI
05-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm glad that I didn't read Mousepad before going to DCA, so didn't know it wasn't supposed to be good. We loved it there as a companion to DL, especially since we had already been to WDW about 10 times. Much of DCA was unique to us. Loved Screamin and Soarin and the GRR and animation and Alladin (and Blast before that). My kids also liked MMadness and Orange Zinger and WWTBM and Muppets, (TOT wasn't open yet, but it is my favorite)
It was also a treat to see the ELParade again.

Disney Vault
05-23-2005, 09:10 PM
But - and this is going to sound cliche - it truly does not stand up well to a comparison with any of the disney parks in North America. And for what it costs, gotta say I would rather spend that day of my multi-day pass at the real thing next door.
I like DCA too. It has some work needed to make it better but for now I would never go to the resort without also making a stop at DCA.

And I personally like DCA more than Disney-MGM Studios in Florida.