PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Visit on Mon, Tues, & Wed or Tues, Wed & Thurs plus other questions..

wesf
05-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Two weeks until Disneyland and I have some questions for you veterans....
I Will be in California on June 5 thru June 11
Do I visit Disneyland on Mon & Wed with Tues visit to California Adventure or....
Do I visit Disneyland on Tue & Thur with Wed visit to California Adventure???
Also, Do I use my ridemax schedule or the schedule from the "Unofficial guide to Disneyland"??
Can I use my early entry from my citypass book for Disneyland on Thursday?
It has been a while since My wife and I have been to Disneyland and my three kids (age 13, 10 & 6) have never been.
Thanks for any input.....

my2princesses
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
We are going the following week and we will be going to DL on Tues & Thurs and CA on Wed. We are avoiding Monday because although it is summer and it will be busy no matter what, it tends to be busier on Mondays because alot of families stay an extra day from the weekend and go on Mondays. At least that is what we noticed on our prior visits to DL and CA. We were also told that by our hotel tram driver on our last visit.
Hope this helps.

hlbtimes2
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Cant tell you what to do, but can tell you this: the disneyland calendar has those dates listed for shows and such. The park will be open until 10pm m-w. Then Thurs it closes at 9. So, depends on if you think you would use that hour or not. Personally, I would want to be there on Friday, so I could watch Fantasmic!. But, thats just me.

I havent used ridemax or the unofficial guide, so I have no input there. We always go in the off season and dont really need a ride plan. Although, I might try it this time just to see how it works.

mkcbunny
05-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I think you could go either set of days, but I do think it's important to have one non-EE day in Disneyland. EE days get crowded early and therefore it's hard to get to the Fantasyland rides easily. Much easier to do them all on a non-EE day and leave some of them [and Buzz Lightyear, if it interests you] for EE. Of the days you mention [Mon-Thurs], the only one that does not offer EE is Wednesday, so my main suggestion is to plan on being at DL park opening on Wednesday to take real advantage of being there with less competition.

The Mouse Is Back
05-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Edited because I posted two replies - see below. :)

-Allegra-

The Mouse Is Back
05-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Wow! I posted a reply, saw it after I posted it, and now it's disappeared. :eek:

At the risk of being redundant (in case the other one shows up again) - it's best to avoid Mondays and Fridays because of the weekend vacation extenders. There's usually a lull between Memorial Day and around June 15th (by then most schools are out for summer break). The weather can be anywhere from bleak and dreary to blazing hot, but we often have pretty mild days during June.

We'll be there from the 7th to the 9th (Tues.-Thurs.). Our vacation was originally scheduled for today through Wednesday but my daughter wasn't feeling well, se we rescheduled.

Have fun, whenever you decide to go! :)

-Allegra-

HorizonsA
05-23-2005, 07:06 PM
I highly recommend visting Mon-Wed. I like to go Mondays because it's the one day where you'd think that the kids would be in school and the adults would be at work (You'd think). I mean, who would miss work or school on a Monday? ;)

Tuesdays are the next best days to visit. Wednesdays is about average. Thursdays are the days they usually start using Fastpasses on all attractions (Meaning Thunder Mountain's machines are turned on). For some reason Thunder Mountain's machines manage to stay closed throughout the week while all other Fastpass machines stay open (minus Star Tours), and then when Thursday comes, Thunder Mountain gives out Fastpass. I don't get it.

But you need to be aware that the 50th Annivesary Celebration has started and so the parks are more popular than ever. It is to be expected that crowds will be a little above average. If you plan to see Remember...Dreams Come True, plane accordingly.

Oh yes, and beware of the field trips!

tmshpkns
05-23-2005, 07:45 PM
leave some of them [and Buzz Lightyear, if it interests you] for EE

Is Buzz open during early entry? When we were there in Feb, only Fantasyland was open during Early Entry.

Tom

mkcbunny
05-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Is Buzz open during early entry? When we were there in Feb, only Fantasyland was open during Early Entry.

When we went May 11-13, it was open on the EE Thursday, 5/12, but it was not open right at the start of EE. It DID open before the regular park opening though; we rode it about a half an hour into EE, after a couple of Fantasyland rides. [Nothing else was open in Tomorrowland ride-wise, but the pin shop was open.] So check Buzz when you enter for EE, and if it's not open, check back at the half-hour point. It was a walk-on when we went.

wesf
05-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Thanks for all the comments they all have helped me..
Can anyone tell me about using late fastpass, (i.e. using your fastpass after your time window has expired) I have read that you can use your fastpass anytime after the beginning start time and you don't have to worry about the fastpass expiring?

HydroGuy
05-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Can anyone tell me about using late fastpass, (i.e. using your fastpass after your time window has expired) I have read that you can use your fastpass anytime after the beginning start time and you don't have to worry about the fastpass expiring?
The only FASTPASS time to pay attention to is when the "one-hour" window opens (i.e., the first time shown on the FASTPASS). The "ending" time is ignored by cast members. Thus the FASTPASS can be used at any time during the day after the window opens.