PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain- rear seats in use

jennia
05-23-2005, 09:17 AM
I haven't read a thread where anyone reported this. I did a search and read through a few threads as well. Please flog me if this has been reported to death already... but.. Sunday May 22 the rear seats were in use at Splash Mountain. The ride ran well all day and the lines seemed to move *very* well. DH and I rode twice. DS and his friend were able to ride 5 times (in addition to other rides.) The new logs seem to be working YEAH!!!! :D :D

Noah
05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Was that more of just a comment or a post requesting confirmation? :) I rode in the rear seat this past Wed, seemed to be running smooth except sometimes it can be confusing for the guest loading determining which seat in the rear they are supposed to sit, I have seen few second delays here and there (which adds up when you add an extra 5 seconds per guest times a few thousand)

stan4d_steph
05-23-2005, 09:22 AM
This was reported in the May 9 MousePlanet DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050509.htm). Scroll down to "Ears to the Ground."

jennia
05-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Ah ha, I figured someone beat me to it. I guess that's why I ought to read the DL update *every* *single* week! :D

As for why I posted- I figured that I'd share the news just in case there were others who didn't know (like me until we discovered it on Sunday.)

DangerMouse
05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Ah ha, I figured someone beat me to it. I guess that's why I ought to read the DL update *every* *single* week! :D

As for why I posted- I figured that I'd share the news just in case there were others who didn't know (like me until we discovered it on Sunday.)

Thanks for posting this. I don't read the updates every single week, and wouldn't have known this w/o your post! :) We're going to DL next week and Splash is my favorite ride! Great news that it is running smoother and at higher capacity. YeeeHaw! :D

PragmaticIdealist
05-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I never understood the reason Splash Mountain's capacity is such a problem.

Couldn't Imagineering just slow the speed of the water current to fit more logs in the flume and, simultaneously, make minor and major adjustments to boarding so that it is more efficient? The logs are not as easy to enter and exit as some of Disneyland's other boats.

Splash Mountain's water current also seems so much faster than that of Pirates of the Caribbean or "it's a small world".

I do like the look of the new logs with the expanded rear seat, though. The effect is very natural and unnoticeable. And, with the additional capacity they provide, Splash Mountain may be able to start paying for itself as an Attraction and reduce its wait times.