PDA

View Full Version : I Need Trivia Help Please!

Pages : [1] 2

mowsluver
05-23-2005, 09:11 AM
My daughter's ROTC group is going to DL next week. They will be on a long bus ride and the teacher is going to kill some time by asking some trivia questions about DL, CA and Sea World....he knows I am a Disney freak and asked me for some trivia, but my daughter has heard all that I know so.....

Can anyone help me with some trivia or insider information??? :D

Easy, moderate or tough!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Terri
05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Back in the 60's...
The Osmond brothers used to perform there all the time before they hit it "big" but after they were discovered by Andy Williams.

Most people don't know that... :geek:

I'll try to think of more...

Vegitabeta
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Erm, Critter Country used to be called Bear Country...I learned that today :)

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 09:43 AM
HM is mainly underground.

Captain Josh
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't suppose you'd like to know the name of the song they play in the Grand Canyon diorama....?

Vegitabeta
05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
If you go onto this site (http://www.disneyexperience.com) and then on the left hand side there should be a little blue box entitled 'Trivia'. There is a question there and under is the answer, in order to see the answer you have to highlight it with your cursor. Everytime you refresh/move onto another page of the site the question and answer will change...hope this helps.

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
POTC is underground.

The restaurant with all the audio animatronic people eating their food at the beginning of POTC is a real restaurant. ;)

Osky
05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't suppose you'd like to know the name of the song they play in the Grand Canyon diorama....?

primeval world score (bernard hermann - mysterious island prelude)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000000IVP/002-4740725-9129644?v=glance

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 10:00 AM
primeval world score (bernard hermann - mysterious island prelude)I heard one one English woman pronounce his name Behnuhrd and some American people asked "Who is Behnuhrd?" :p

Osky
05-23-2005, 10:02 AM
I heard one one English woman pronounce his name Behnuhrd and some American people asked "Who is Behnuhrd?" :p

That's classic! :D I like this piece, and was dissappointed that it is not on the 6-CD set. I have to hear it at least once per trip.

SeansMom
05-23-2005, 10:03 AM
POTC is underground.

The restaurant with all the audio animatronic people eating their food at the beginning of POTC is a real restaurant. ;)

OMG...too funny...just about spit water onto my computer screen!

littlemissgorgeous
05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Hope this helps with all these experts here I am not sure...

Pirates of the Caribbean was first designed as a walk- through with wax figures. Plans were laid on ice, when Walt send his Imagineers to New York, where they designed rides for the World fair...In New York they had this new idea about animatronics, and when they cam back to DL they redesigned Pirates and it became a ride...

The original song for Itīs a small world was slow- it became an up-tempo song for the ride...

The Bobsleds were the first rollercoater with round steel rails, the advantage were faster and smoother rides...

Walt himself came up with the idea of the Matterhorn..his Imagineers were not very happy about this idea- because this swiss mountain did not fit into the concept of the lands they already had created..they tried to change his mind, but Walt was convinced, that this ride was going to be a succes..He was right...

Walts wife had a favorite horse @ the King Arthur Carrousel..can you spot it ??? It has a painted golden tooth...

There is one Horse on the Carroussel, that looks more like a donkey..it has a different head..

All horses were carved in germany...

You can hear the telegraph land line while waiting @ New Orleans Train station transmit Walts opening speech over and over again...

Iīll think of more...there is still some trivia cramped into the back of my head...

HydroGuy
05-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Here another trivia link:

http://www.paralumun.com/triviadisney.htm

Disneynerd
05-23-2005, 11:45 AM
There's a gold spike in ground just as you exit (or enter?) Fantasyland thru the castle that's supposed to mark the exact middle of the park. But, it totally isn't the middle, but a good story nonetheless.

Pat-n-Eil
05-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Speaking of Pirates of the Carribean:

The Dips you encounter at the beginning are only there because the Disneyland Railroad was in the way - so they had to go under them.

The ride is so large that it actually goes outside the boundaries of the park itself underground.

Immediately inside the arch of Sleeping Beauty's Castle is a small brass circular spot on the pavement. This marked the original geographic center of the park. It's about the size of a half dollar plainly visible in the pavement.

There are 18 tea cups in which you can ride on the Mad Tea Party attraction.

Actor and Comedian Steve Martin was one of the employees at the Magic Shop on Main Street more than 30 years ago was a young man.

(thanks to Doug's Disneyland Trivia (http://www.pacificsites.com/~drhoades/trivia.htm))

Niwel
05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
One of the easiest "trivia" contests is "Name That Tune" (unless the tune is from Aladdin: the Musical) ;)

Toss out lines to different Disney songs (I can name that tune in one line) and see who can guess them -- either from attractions or Disney songs.

stan4d_steph
05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
There are 12 cannon balls on the roof of City Hall... in Toontown. :p

JPIVERSON
05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
The latest Disney magazine has a section with Disneyland trivia questions... 50 I believe.

Niwel
05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
There are 12 cannon balls on the roof of City Hall... in Toontown. :p

You mean the one next to the planning commission Steph? :fez:

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
The agony of Layfette. Do I need to say more?

mowsluver
05-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey!

Thanks for all the cool info and links....I found out a lot that even I didn't know!!!! :D

smd4
05-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Just in case you're up against experts, you might want to be careful of these rumors:

Immediately inside the arch of Sleeping Beauty's Castle is a small brass circular spot on the pavement. This marked the original geographic center of the park. It's about the size of a half dollar plainly visible in the pavement. Actually, if you draw a vertical line bisecting the park, and then draw a horizintal line bisecting your first line, you will see that in reality, the "center" of the park is very near the center of the hub.

You can hear the telegraph land line while waiting @ New Orleans Train station transmit Walts opening speech over and over again... The telegraph tapping only repeats the first two lines of Walt's dedication speech.

CrazyTrain
05-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Here's a trivia question that I'm looking for an answer to... What was the signifigance of the Country Bear Jamboree? My friend said it had something to do w/the audio-anamatronics but she couldn't remember what exactly.

tod
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
On the way:

1. We all know Disneyland opened 50 years ago. On what day?
2. Whose castle is at the end of Main Street?
3. The Dinosaurs in the Primeval World and "it's a small world" were built for what event?
4. The address of Disneyland is 1313 Harbor Boulevard. Okay, Walt was defying superstition, but why else did they pick 1313 from all the odd numbers between 1201 and 1701 Harbor to be the official addess of Disneyland?

While you're there:
1. Among all the second story windows in the Main Street area, find the Chinese Restaurant.
2. Find a hidden 50 that isn't shiny gold.
3. What makes the #300 train different from the others on the Disneyland Railroad?
4. On the "it's a small world" clock, when the time appears there are low-pitched and high-pitched bell sounds. Why?
5. Where is the Main Street Hotel?
6. Where would you find a sign that says "Believe and Soar!"?

--t

PragmaticIdealist
05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
1.) California is located outside the boundaries of The Magic Kingdom, but what state is located inside Disneyland's magical boundaries and where is it located?

2.) Where in Disneyland does Walt Disney's spirit perpetually reside as evidenced by a lamp lit in the window?

3.) Where can you find Hell in the happiest place on Earth?

4.) What is the oldest thing in Disneyland?

5.) Which Attraction was first conceived for The Magic Kingdom and what was its predecessor?

Answers:

1.) Tom Sawyer's Island is actually an annex of the State of Missourri.

2.) The Fire House at Town Square is where Walt Disney's apartment is located and also where the lamp remains continuously lit.

3.) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride sends Mr. Toad and Guests to Hell in expurgation of his sin of stealing a motor car. The original Kenneth Grahame novel was adapted for film by Walt Disney and his associates in a way that showed Mr. Toad was, in reality, framed for the crime.

4.) The petrified tree Walt Disney gave to his wife as an anniversary present days before Disneyland opened is prehistoric. The anniversary party was held in Frontierland just before Disneyland had its grand opening. Mrs. Lillian Disney was so thrilled with the gift, the tree has remained in Frontierland ever since (commemorating the anniversary, of course).

5.) The Disneyland Railroad was always a part of the plans for the "magical little park" Walt Disney had originally envisioned for a section of the grounds of The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. The first "rides" Walt Disney ever gave on anything, however, were on the Carolwood Pacific Railroad, which operated in the garden of Walt Disney's Holmby Hills residence on Carolwood Avenue. The locomotive to the C.P.R.R., the "Lilly Belle", continues to be on loan from the Disney family and exhibited at Main Street Station.