PDA

View Full Version : Deciding if I should get Ridemax for June trip...

socaltexan02
05-23-2005, 08:11 AM
I am an APer and go a lot...but my 6 yr. old neice is coming June 13th and 14th to visit and we will be doing DL late afternoon the Monday the 13th and all day the 14th (with possible break mid-day to refuel). Anyway...I know to expect crowds but am hoping it won't be AS bad yet, with most local schools still in session. I go to the park a lot, so I do know a few things about working the crowds and that it's best to ride certain rides early, etc. BUT...being an AP holder who goes a lot I don't really sweat the crowds too much - if we don't get to a ride one day b/c the line is too long, no biggie, I know we'll do it another day. I really want my neice to get the most out of her short time at DL. BUT...I will also have my 3 yr. old with me (plus my mom so the adult-kid ratio is equal ;) ) - and I don't know if a 6 and a 3 yr. old will always want to stick to a tight schedule, kwim?

I was also considering Ridemax b/c my mom will be coming back in July and likely taking my 3 yr. old then...I might do the 90 day just to work the summer crowds.

Do you think it'd be worth giving it a shot?

TIA!

05-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't know if a 6 and a 3 yr. old will always want to stick to a tight schedule, kwim?

They won't. Go with the flow and, like you say, if you don't get to ride (fill in the blank), no sweat. And definitely, schedule a mid-day break.

Whatever happens, you'll have fun.

Terri
05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Actually...
Ridemax allows you to travel in "slow mode" which cuts down the amount of time running back and forth. In addition you can schedule in breaks. What ridemax will allow you is less time spent in line and more time on the rides and enjoying each other. It's not a bad investment for a 3 month membership. Go ahead and drop the money on it and then experiment with different scenarios. I think it would be worth it and you can still relax and enjoy the park and each other.

Have you checked out their website? Give it a look and then give it a try. It's not a lot to spend and if you end up not using it, you're really not out a lot. :)

jennia
05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
We're AP holders (past and present) and I thought I knew the Park pretty well.... until I started hanging out here and bought RideMax. The hints and tips alone are pretty good. I find the itinerary helpful even if we don't follow it to the letter. The 3 month deal is a low cost way to see if you like it (that's what I bought as our passes expire at about the same time.)