PDA

View Full Version : 50th anniversary clock - anyone know?

jiminycesq
05-23-2005, 05:00 AM
The hotel package that was offered online last year, for 3 day stays beginning this May, included an "Exclusive" 50th anniversary dimensional clock. Has anyone seen it or know what it looks like? Thanks!

Circarama
05-23-2005, 07:03 AM
The hotel package that was offered online last year, for 3 day stays beginning this May, included an "Exclusive" 50th anniversary dimensional clock. Has anyone seen it or know what it looks like? Thanks!
Well, hello again...
I signed up for that pacvkage last year as well. I know that the clock is nolonger being offered, and I have not yet seen what the clock looks like. I am staying at the DH from 07-14-07 until 07-18. Which hotel are you staying at?

jiminycesq
05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Circa mon ami, I am staying 3 nights beginning the 15th, so I dont have to check out until the 18th. I have never stayed on property so this truly is a treat for me and I am so excited, I think about it every day! As far as the clock of mystery, I am going to check EBAY to see if anyone has the clock listed/pictured. Mouseplanet crew, can one of your network of spies perhaps ask the hotel to see one and take a pic for the weekly update? Inquiring minds want to know!

jiminycesq
05-29-2005, 05:33 PM
It took some work, but I have learned more about the exclusive clock "gift" for those who reserved the 3 night hotel package online prior to 1/1/05, for dates beginning this month, at Park properties only. It was a special package no longer available.

In order to learn this highly secret information, I had to visit first the hotel check in/information area, who knew absolutely nothing but suggested guest services. I visited them and they indicated they would have no information as it was an online booking - I would need to visit the Walt Disney Travel company offices near Compass books.

I stopped at the DL Hotel Fantasia shop to notice the variety of 50th anniversary hotel merchandise on display, with Shag like artwork on cards, other gift items, and robes, keys etc. celebrating the happiest stay on earth. I dont recall seeing these mentioned online, but hotel exclusive merchandise isnt cheap - the shirt I thought was interesting was $78, a mug $10. I passed... have to save pennies for July.

Finally arriving at the WDTC office, they indicated they had never seen the clock either and had none there, and werent sure how a guest would get it! They promised me it was exclusive however, and could not now even be ordered, it would go only to guests with the package booked online last year. After some calls, the helpful agent showed me an online pic.

It looks to be about 6 or 8 inches tall, with a shape similar to the JDPower and associates trophies - like a metal arch. I couldnt tell if it was glass or crystal or polished metal from the photo, but it was shiny. Picture an upside down Capital U and thats the shape. The oval clockface is a photo of Walt walking through the castle. There is also an inscription of some sort, but the picture was quite tiny. Still, a nice item, and happy to have learned it is exclusive, for those of us who are staying at the hotel or sometime during the celebration under the package no longer offered!

Maus
05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the detective work, Jiminy. But if the promotion started this month why don't they have the clock? Will we receive it in the mail? Very interesting.

Also regarding this package--Have you ever received anything in the mail about it? I booked it so long ago I can't remember what is supposed to be included. And even after several phone calls and promises I have never received any paperwork or receipt. I know that I will receive everything 21 days prior to check-in, but there were complicated instructions on how to cancel the package etc. that I wanted to have in writing.

vegasmommytoDL
05-29-2005, 08:54 PM
The information I saw about it at the time they offered the package said it was a crystal clock made by the Arribas Bros.

I can't find where I read that though!

jiminycesq
05-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the detective work, Jiminy. But if the promotion started this month why don't they have the clock? Will we receive it in the mail? Very interesting.

Also regarding this package--Have you ever received anything in the mail about it? I booked it so long ago I can't remember what is supposed to be included. And even after several phone calls and promises I have never received any paperwork or receipt. I know that I will receive everything 21 days prior to check-in, but there were complicated instructions on how to cancel the package etc. that I wanted to have in writing.

I think the clock is "in stock" somehow at the hotel, its just that the front desk folks dont give it out - perhaps there is paperwork and you pick it up somewhere. Has anyone in our MP Community received one yet? They just didnt have it at the travel company office, but I do think guests are receiving them. Not sure ...

As to paperwork, I got an email at the time of my reservation but nothing by postal mail. I do think there was a 30 day cancellation cutoff; I would suggest you call the number on the Disneyland website for hotel reservations and they might refer you to another number, but someone should be able to answer questions. I do know that tickets are mailed in advance, as they told me they are for any four days within 2 weeks of first use, rather than just the days of your stay.

Hope that helps!

Maus
05-30-2005, 08:43 AM
As to paperwork, I got an email at the time of my reservation but nothing by postal mail. I do think there was a 30 day cancellation cutoff; I would suggest you call the number on the Disneyland website for hotel reservations and they might refer you to another number, but someone should be able to answer questions. I do know that tickets are mailed in advance, as they told me they are for any four days within 2 weeks of first use, rather than just the days of your stay.

Hope that helps!

I just find it interesting that we have nothing in hand regarding what we are entitled to receive with this package. It's no longer on the Website, of course, as it's no longer offered. I'm not looking to cancel just, wanted something in writing. This is my first time booking with the WD Travel Company so I didn't know what to expect. They have politely answered questions when I call, just don't follow through with sending me anything.

KarenW2
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
We had a similar situation when we booked a special package thru the WDW website and were supposed to receive a couple of different gifts, including a special limited edition pin, for the Millenium celebration. We had a confirmation of what we ordered, I even brought the print-out with me when we checked in, but the desk CM had no clue what the deal was!! It would've been cheaper to book it ourselves, but I thought since the gifts were "exclusive" to our package, it would be worth it.

They checked us in and said they would get back to us about our gifts. Several days went by and when we checked the day before we were supposed to leave (it meant our going back to the desk ourselves, they did not get back to us as promised!), they said that somehow there was another package of some kind and we didn't book the one with the gifts, even tho I know we did and had the confirmation!! The other package they said had the gifts wasn't listed anywhere and they couldn't prove it to us, we were just supposed to take their word for it!!

When all was said and done, we ended up paying more than we should have for what we received and we didn't even get a pin or any kind of compensation!!

Needless to say, that was the last time we used their travel "service"!!

Disneyland2004
05-30-2005, 01:45 PM
awsome

Maus
05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Needless to say, that was the last time we used their travel "service"!!

I'm with you, Karen. I jumped at the first chance to book July 17 because at the time I was not able to spend time researching a better deal. I know for sure I overpaid. Ahh, well, I will be happy with the clock whatever it looks like.

Circarama
05-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Wow, good to know there are some people who booked 14 months in advance like me so we could stay on"property". I hope they come thru with the clocks, I'm really looking forward to July 14-18.
Did anybody who's staying on property ask about guaranteed entry into Disneyland on July 17th?