PDA

View Full Version : DLR out of Child-size Gold ears today!

munchkinsmom0003
05-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Our family drove up to DLR today to pick up my DS and my niece some 50th Anniversary Gold Ears. A CM working one of the hat shops told me that the resort was completely OUT of the child-sized Gold Ears and couldn't say when they would have them back in stock. Lots of Adult ears, but no child-size.

Needless to say, we were bummed. I couldn't believe it until I started looking among the crowd as I walked around for a child under five wearing gold ears. Didn't find a single one. :(

Does anyone out there have inside information as to when they'll be back in stock at DLR?

Vegitabeta
05-23-2005, 02:20 AM
They better get some more in!

TP2000
05-23-2005, 02:55 AM
Last weekend I had the same thing happen but with the Adult size! Now they have Adult sizes, but no Child size.

Disnerd
05-23-2005, 08:04 AM
In order to get more adult sized ears in stock the resort had a shipment put onto a commercial China Airlines flight. You should have seen the charge for that! I sure we are going to do the samething for the childern's size as soon as the are produced. In the mean time call DelivEars at (800)362-4533 to order or check the status.

munchkinsmom0003
05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
In order to get more adult sized ears in stock the resort had a shipment put onto a commercial China Airlines flight. You should have seen the charge for that! I sure we are going to do the samething for the childern's size as soon as the are produced. In the mean time call DelivEars at (800)362-4533 to order or check the status.

Thank you for the info, Disnerd!!!

Ulysses
05-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Believe me, DLR is doing everything possible and then some to replenish the stock. I'm sure the Chinese factories are producing overtime.

CM: "I'm sorry, we are sold out of small and medium Gold Ears all over the Resort today."

Guest: "WHY?"

CM: (In head): Why do you think?. (Out loud): "Because other people bought them all before you came."

Guest: "I'm sure that one in the display case is a small. Let me see it."

CM: "It already has a name on it; I can't sell it to you."

Guest: "Are you sure? Let me see it."

(repeat ad infinitum)

I haven't seen such guest frustration since we ran out of Minnie Mouse Santa hats.

munchkinsmom0003
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Believe me, DLR is doing everything possible and then some to replenish the stock. I'm sure the Chinese factories are producing overtime.

CM: "I'm sorry, we are sold out of small and medium Gold Ears all over the Resort today."

Guest: "WHY?"

CM: (In head): Why do you think?. (Out loud): "Because other people bought them all before you came."

Guest: "I'm sure that one in the display case is a small. Let me see it."

CM: "It already has a name on it; I can't sell it to you."

Guest: "Are you sure? Let me see it."

(repeat ad infinitum)

I haven't seen such guest frustration since we ran out of Minnie Mouse Santa hats.

I can only imagine the number of CMs who were on the receiving end of guests' frustration. My family is lucky in that we're APers and we only have an 1 1/2 hour drive to DLR, so we can make the trip back soon. It's too bad for those guests who are there for only a day or two and can't return to DLR as easily. That's probably why some were more frustrated and desperate for ears than others.

Pat-n-Eil
05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Is it at all possible to get a rain-check on something like this?
Could you buy them and have them embroidered and sent to you at home?

Just a thought.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
World of Disney had the child size ears today, they have to be brought back to the park to be embroidered. Also, WOD had the golden mickey antennae balls.

vegasmommytoDL
05-23-2005, 09:35 PM
World of Disney had the child size ears today, they have to be brought back to the park to be embroidered. Also, WOD had the golden mickey antennae balls.

Thanks for the tip. When we go if they are out of ears in the park I will check outside =)

Ulysses
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Is it at all possible to get a rain-check on something like this?
Could you buy them and have them embroidered and sent to you at home?

Just a thought.

If you call 1-800-DELIVEARS you can order them sent to you. Yes, with names.