PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye, Pinnochio! Hello, ... What?

Pages : [1] 2

Vlyger
05-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I enjoy going on the Fantasyland dark rides, but the attraction I like the LEAST is Pinnochio.

My best to least ranking of Fantasyland dark rides: Alice (best), Mr.Toad (second best), Peter Pan (third best), Snow White (second least), Pinnochio (least).

This may sound like a MAJOR longshot, but I would like to see Pinnochio replaced with an attraction based on Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hollow (wouldn't it be cool to encounter the Headless Horseman?). Since Mr.Toad has his own attraction, shouldn't Ichabod be rewarded with his own? BTW, Mr.Toad and Ichabod Crane appeared in the same Disney film together (in different stories, though).

Don't dispair, I wouldn't let all of Pinnochio disappear. Some artifacts from Pinnochio can be placed in the Pinnochio themed restaurant nextdoor. So, Pinnochio's legacy would live on, just not as an attraction.

Just my thoughts. What do you think? I would like to hear. Thanks!

HorizonsA
05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Totally disagree. I love PinoCChio's Daring Journey. I don't want to see it go; it's too much of a classic. I don't want to see any Fantasyland attraction go. If an attraction should be installed, install it somewhere else.

sleepyjeff
05-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Thank you but no thank you. I too would love to see an Ichabod attraction but the Disney track record of late when it comes to replacing attractions is less then steller. I will take a Pinocchio tale with its rich and immersive theming any day over some painted cardboard ride like pooh.

pirateabbie
05-22-2005, 05:31 PM
See below.

pirateabbie
05-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I would be very sad if they closed Pinocchio. I feel this ride is the best representation of a Disney movie. And I love the part with all the clocks!

tinkluver
05-22-2005, 05:36 PM
It's a classic- it must stay :)

sleepyjeff
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't dispair, I wouldn't let all of Pinnochio disappear. Some artifacts from Pinnochio can be placed in the Pinnochio themed restaurant nextdoor. So, Pinnochio's legacy would live on, just not as an attraction.

As for the Restaurant I would like to see it transformed into a full service eatery serving German and Northern Italian Cuisine.

Shortiemetoo
05-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Please no getting rid of Pinocchio! (My favorite is Peter Pan, it always makes me smile!!) :D

rentayenta
05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
I love Pinocchio and his less talked about gardner cousin Mepito. No way should Disney get rid of that ride.

Rhiannon8404
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
As for the Restaurant I would like to see it transformed into a full service eatery serving German and Northern Italian Cuisine.

Yummy idea!!! I'd like to see this!

As for Pinocchio, I like it. If forced to give up one of the above mentioned rides, I'd say Snow White. But really, I like them all.

The Mouse Is Back
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Get rid of Pinocchio? Watsa matta you?

I also love the clock room and that yodel-ay-ee-hoo song in there. And
the Blue Fairy who appears and disappears right before your very eyes!

I'm not sure about a Sleepy Hollow ride, and besides which, I can't think
of any rides in DL that are from the same story (I'm sure that just because
I came right out and typed that, there will be a dozen immediate replies
from people who can think of a whole bunch, but hey, it's the weekend,
I'm tired, I have a sunburn, um, er, and other stuff).

I say, forget about adding any new rides and just bring back the Rocket
Jets, the People Mover, the Skyway, and make the teacups spin again
like they used to.

-Allegra-

LibertyCall
05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I would throw a huge hissy fit if they ever got rid of any fantasyland rides.

Disney Vault
05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't want to get ride of any of them. But if anything maybe they could rework Snow White. It just always has the shortest line because it kids are scared to go on it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I will cancel my AP if they get rid of Pinnochio! Seriously my 3yo LOVES LOVES LOVES this ride! He sleeps with his Pinnochio plush, he is his hero.
Why all the talk about closing rides. Can't we just add. And sorry, I don't even think Disney when I think of the headless horseman!

olegc
05-22-2005, 10:19 PM
This may sound like a MAJOR longshot, but I would like to see Pinnochio replaced with an attraction based on Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hollow (wouldn't it be cool to encounter the Headless Horseman?). Since Mr.Toad has his own attraction, shouldn't Ichabod be rewarded with his own? BTW, Mr.Toad and Ichabod Crane appeared in the same Disney film together (in different stories, though).

Unfortunately, that would be a major longshot... The Ichabod/Headless Horseman characters while noteworthy don't have wide appeal, are only referenced during a certain season during the year, and besides, it's hard enough to get little kids to ride Snow White. This would be another ride that the FAMILY could not enjoy together, which we all know was the main intent of creating Disneyland in the 1st place (last 20 years notwithstanding). Fantasyland has been the one land which has held on to that premise the most out of any. Don't change it...

melmel
05-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Pinocchio is a scary ride for kids, but I must admit that even though I hate the movie, I just recently rode the ride and I feel like it tells the "whole story" rather well. Much better than any of the other FL darkrides.

Hell, if anything, I would prefer to see Snow White's Scary Adventures removed. Snow White doesn't even appear in it except for the very first room, and a mural at the end of the ride, in the arms of a prince. There was not even a mention of the Prince in the ride. Plus, it is unnecessarily scary.

I just find Pinocchio to be scary because of the irony of "Pleasure Island" and its evils right smack dab in the middle of Disneyland, which is practically Pleasure Island itself. ;)

Actually. I'd say remove Mr. Toad. I mean... I know I didn't know who Mr Toad was when I was a kid, and with a new generation that has never even seen any Walt-created Mickey Mouse cartoons, I don't think they even have the slightest idea of what the premise of the ride is supposed to be.

Vegitabeta
05-23-2005, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't want to get ride of any of them. But if anything maybe they could rework Snow White. It just always has the shortest line because it kids are scared to go on it.

Never mind the kids, I'm scared to go on it! However, it is called Snow White's 'Scary' Adventures right? But yeah, it is a bit too scary for smaller kids. Out of any of the rides mentioned I would definately say bye bye to Mr. Toad. I rode this for the first time last year (the only ride in Fantasyland I haven't visited in any other Disney parks) and I have to say, it is very forgettable. In fact, I don't remember anything after getting in the vehicle! As for Pinnochio, it's not so bad, but I was scared of the one in DP when I was younger so that's kinda put me off for life!

luckyamber
05-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I love Mr. Toad.

TikiGeek
05-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Don't dispair, I wouldn't let all of Pinnochio disappear. Some artifacts from Pinnochio can be placed in the Pinnochio themed restaurant nextdoor. So, Pinnochio's legacy would live on, just not as an attraction.I hope your nose grows for saying that! ;)

crazi4dlr
05-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Funny but until we went last summer, I wasn't even aware that the Pinocchio ride existed and I've been going to DL since 1961. Guess it didn't make that much of an impact on me when I was a kid. I don't think they should remove any rides but "Snow White's Scary Adventure" should be renamed "Wicked Queen's Scary Adventure" since Snow is barely in it. I personally think Toad is scarier since you end up in He__ at the end. What a way to end a ride???? I never saw the movie but the ride is disturbing to me. ehhh...leave them all and just keep adding rides.

tinkluver
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Snow White doesn't even appear in it except for the very first room, and a mural at the end of the ride, in the arms of a prince. There was not even a mention of the Prince in the ride.
I think this is because Walt Disney wanted the guests to feel like they were Snow White going through the "story". I think the Snow White that is there was added after the fact.

DisneylandForever
05-23-2005, 11:05 AM
They should never ever ever get rid of Pinocchio. It is a classic and like pirateabbie said, it does the best job of translating the actual story (with the weird exception of Pinocchio still being made of wood at the end). The music is great, and let's not forget that the movie itself is arguably Walt's best animated film. I know that of course up to debate, but there is no question that it is indeed a classic film.

I wouldn't mind them adding a dark ride somewhere. Personally I would love to see a Lady and the Tramp dark ride. But not at the expense of an existing one.

Disneynerd
05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
You can't get rid of Peeeenocchio! It would make me very un-heepy!

jetkitten
05-24-2005, 08:36 PM
My brother loves that ride so it has to stay. My dad loves the toad ride so that stays. My mom loves the carousel so that stays. I love the storybook land boats and casey train so they stay. my cousins children love the dumbo ride so that stays. my brother's wife loves snow white so that stays. so they all must keep fantasyland the way it is.

hmm I missed peter pan....

if they make the ride easier to get into then it would be on my fav list.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-24-2005, 09:32 PM
It's a classic- it must stay :)

AMEN PINOCCHIO STAYS!!!!!!!!! I love it!