PDA

View Full Version : Reserved Seating For Fireworks

miss bianca
05-22-2005, 03:42 PM
So where is the reserved seating (for those booking the 50th Tour) to watch the fireworks?

Ilovemypixie
05-22-2005, 05:21 PM
When we were booked for the 50th fireworks show on 05-07-05, we were seated on the backside of the hub (backside of the partners statue, in front of the castle) on the opposite side of the street. Some friends of mine went 2 weeks ago, and they were seated at the Railroad Loading platform at the end of Main Street. I've heard that. like the attractions and info on each tour, the seating is different.

RocketRob
05-22-2005, 07:18 PM
The benches at the train station were blocked off every night we were there last week for reserved seating for the tours.

I was kinda disappointed as this is our usual place to sit and catch the parade and fireworks.

scottmen
05-23-2005, 10:05 AM
The benches at the train station were blocked off every night we were there last week for reserved seating for the tours.

I was kinda disappointed as this is our usual place to sit and catch the parade and fireworks.

I don't like when they block off places where we used to be able to go for free. I am kind of getting tired of all the reserved seating.

nursemelis374
05-23-2005, 10:38 AM
For those of you that exactly saw the fireworks with the reserved seating, what did you think of the view?

CinemaGal15
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I didnt even know that people could have reserved seating for fireworks. Thats new. How much do you pay for that?

Chadsgal
05-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Wait I'm confused? I heard that the seatting was by the old carnation cafe. If it is at the end of main street by the train (I am picturing city hall area please correct me if I am wrong) I thought for sure the seating would be in the prime spot: by the hub? :confused:

RocketRob
05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Wait I'm confused? I heard that the seatting was by the old carnation cafe. If it is at the end of main street by the train (I am picturing city hall area please correct me if I am wrong) I thought for sure the seating would be in the prime spot: by the hub? :confused:

Nope, the five nights we were there the benches at the train station were reserved by the tour guides for fireworks seating. I overheard one of the tour guides say it was part of the 50th tour.

miss bianca
05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I just want to bump this back up. Anyone care to comment on the view from the station?

Chadsgal
05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Well I called this afternoon and the reason they gave me for having the seatting at the train station is that after several test they found that to be the best viewing due to the foliage that is in the way. I too would like to know if anyone that has sat there already liked it or not. We already have our 50th tour booked so we figure if we don't like it we still have a couple days to camp out at the hub.

MsYumiBr
05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
The CM I spoke with at the tours ticket number said he viewed the fireworks from there before and it was a great spot in his opinion. I too am pondering whether or not to take the 50th tour for this perk.

TimBuk2
05-24-2005, 06:43 PM
So do you need to take the A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour to get the reserved seats for the fireworks show?

Leash81
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
So do you need to take the A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour to get the reserved seats for the fireworks show?

No, you need to take the 50th tour which is a different tour but not yet listed on the Disney website.

TimBuk2
05-24-2005, 07:03 PM
No, you need to take the 50th tour which is a different tour but not yet listed on the Disney website.

Do you know the cost of the "50th Tour" ?

tinkluver
05-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I just want to bump this back up. Anyone care to comment on the view from the station?
Thanks to Darkbeer- here are some pictures he took (which if I'm not mistaken where from the train station) http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/522158

Hope it helps.... :)

tinkluver
05-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Do you know the cost of the "50th Tour" ?
I believe it's $55

MsYumiBr
05-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Sorry my post was confusing. The evening 50th tour has the fireworks viewing. The mid-day (or parade-time) 50th tour gets the parade viewing. You also get preferred seating for a number of rides. I hope they include space mountain when I go. That would make the cost for 5 people worth it.

stan4d_steph
05-25-2005, 06:30 AM
I just want to bump this back up. Anyone care to comment on the view from the station?You can see an analysis of the view from the train station in the MousePlanet article on fireworks-viewing (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm). The jist of Main St. Station viewing:
Pretty much everything is visible from this location except for light projection effects on the castle. You are well away from the action, but the late availability and easy park exit may appeal to you.

Chadsgal
05-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Tinkluver thanks for posting the pics from darkbeer....I knew he had them but I just couldn't find them. I agree that they view of the Fireworks will be great but my concern is for the projections on the MH but I guess will just have to wait and see. :)

Xclipse129
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
The tour we went to was the last one on may 5th..the first day.. so there was alot of calls between the tour hostess (which was very cute i must add..haha) and her lead.. but our seats were the best.. we sat right behind the media stage, right in front of the partners statue/center hub. It was an awesome view. They said we were suppose to be behind the statue but the area was overtaken by peole camping out for seats. It was really crowded.. from the castle to the train station all you saw was heads... no open spot anywhere..it was insane.. :~D

TimBuk2
05-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Sorry my post was confusing. The evening 50th tour has the fireworks viewing. The mid-day (or parade-time) 50th tour gets the parade viewing. You also get preferred seating for a number of rides. I hope they include space mountain when I go. That would make the cost for 5 people worth it.

Thanks for clearing that up, now I just need to make the call.

tinkluver
05-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Tinkluver thanks for posting the pics from darkbeer....I knew he had them but I just couldn't find them. I agree that they view of the Fireworks will be great but my concern is for the projections on the MH but I guess will just have to wait and see. :)
I agree at the station is a great place to see the fireworks themself, BUT you don't get a good view of the castle projections, the Matterhorn projection, and I don't think you'd be able to see Tinkerbell at all from that distance.