PDA

View Full Version : Can DL put your digital pics on a CD?

arpinl
05-22-2005, 01:35 PM
I am fairly new to the world of digital camera media and *completely* new to Disneyland. Is there a place at the Resort where you can bring your memory card and have the pictures put on a CD (for a price, obviously)? I could swear I remember this service being offered at WDW's Magic Kingdom, but I may very well be mistaken.

Any help would be terrific--I would love to avoid shelling out $$'s for a huge new memory card. :rolleyes:

Disneyland2004
05-22-2005, 02:07 PM
maybe....

Alex S.
05-22-2005, 03:01 PM
You know, I don't know. It is a pretty standard service at development places now, but I've never actually used any of the services in the Kodak store at the end of Main Street. If it can be done it would be in there.

OregonBoy1963
05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
From http://www.wdwmagic.com/around.htm:

3 January 2005: New Digital photo services, and discontinuation of film processing

Beginning January 3, 2005, a new service will be available to guests. This new service for digital cameras will allow Guests to download their images and other media information from a digital media card to a CD.

Each of the camera centers in the four Theme Parks have been equipped with this new technology. In addition, this technology will be deployed in the Disney Resort properties over the next few months.

Due to the increase in digital camera usage during recent years, Guest demand for on-property film processing services has decreased. As a result, film processing will no longer be available at the four Theme Parks or the Walt Disney WorldŽ resorts effective January 3, 2005.

Someone at www.talkdisney.com posted this about the prices:
from looking on other sites,it seems the prices are typical disney. 11.99 plus tax for 120 images and then 5.99 for an additional 120 images

disneyfand
05-22-2005, 03:45 PM
From http://www.wdwmagic.com/around.htm:

3 January 2005: New Digital photo services, and discontinuation of film processing

Beginning January 3, 2005, a new service will be available to guests. This new service for digital cameras will allow Guests to download their images and other media information from a digital media card to a CD.

Each of the camera centers in the four Theme Parks have been equipped with this new technology. In addition, this technology will be deployed in the Disney Resort properties over the next few months.

Due to the increase in digital camera usage during recent years, Guest demand for on-property film processing services has decreased. As a result, film processing will no longer be available at the four Theme Parks or the Walt Disney WorldŽ resorts effective January 3, 2005.

Someone at www.talkdisney.com posted this about the prices:
from looking on other sites,it seems the prices are typical disney. 11.99 plus tax for 120 images and then 5.99 for an additional 120 images
Yes, but if I'm not mistaken Arpinl asked about DISNEYLAND, not WDW.

arpinl
05-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Yes, but if I'm not mistaken Arpinl asked about DISNEYLAND, not WDW.

Exactly. :) However, I wonder if, since this service *is* offered at WDW, that is an indication that it is likely also available at DLR...?

disneyfand
05-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Here's the number for Dl Guest Relations (714) 781-7290.
"" DL Resort Information (714) 781-7290.
Give 'em a try :)

OregonBoy1963
05-22-2005, 04:16 PM
"at the four Theme Parks or the Walt Disney World"

I was guessing when they said the four theme parks, they were talking about Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, etc... but maybe I was mistaken and they were talking about parts of Disneyworld--haven't been there yet :)

Alex S.
05-22-2005, 04:42 PM
They were talking about Walt Disney World. There are four theme parks at WDW. When they're talking about DLR, WDW, DLP, and TDL they usually say four resorts.