PDA

View Full Version : The Penny Sleeper or The Rodeway Inn Maingate?

QueenAlisha
05-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Which is a better hotel, they are the same price. i have looked for reviews for both and cant find any. so any help would be wonderful. i know they arent the greatest hotels but all we are is sleeping there a few hours a night, we dont care as long as there are no bugs. So Thanks in advance.

MrsG
05-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Did not like the Penny Sleeper (but we are used to DLH). Don't know about the Roadway.

mommamouse
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I stayed at the Rodeway last February for several days. When checking in there was a lady who was asking about getting her money back, she had just checked in and the room wasn't what they had advertised. We were there during a rainy week and the ceiling in my brother's room was leaking. He asked for a new room but the hotel was booked, so no such luck. The room was pretty run down and old. My tv got maybe 5 channels. On the upside there were doughnuts and coffee in the lobby (I wasn't brave enough to try them) and a paper outside my door every morning.

sdfilmcritic
05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Two thumbs down for the Penny Sleeper. It's name says it all.

tlovesdis
05-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Two thumbs down for the Penny Sleeper. It's name says it all.

I'm with ya!!! Stayed there once and would NEVER do it again. There are no bugs, but you really do get what you pay for.

GrimmGreen
05-23-2005, 07:23 AM
my favorite is the ParkVueInn , but i have stayed at the PennySleeper ( and i'm staying there in june this year also ) , and our room was nice and clean , it is a stones throw from the main entrance , and we easily made atleast one trip back to the hotel durring the day , you do get what you pay for , but honestly , a room is ment for sleeping , and every other waking moment is spent in DLR right??

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 09:46 AM
my favorite is the ParkVueInn..Park Vue Inn was manageable for me for a short trip on a budget. I couldn't imagine being there for a lengthy trip. But it is conveniently located directly across the street from the park.

DisneyBubbles
05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Dont stay at the Penny Sleeper whatever you do. It was horrible!! When we walked into our rooms we realized that the rooms smelled like a barn. As we were discussing what to do, our neighbor came out of their room and complained of the same thing! We went and had requested to have our rooms changed. And those rooms smelled like a barn too. And that was not all. There was mold in the bathrooms, the fridge made loud noises all night, the lampshades were all broken, there paint was peeling and a million other problems. We went to complain and the front desk rep was rude and started argueing with us and talking back to us. So we eventually had to write a nasty complaint letter to the management. It was a bad experience. I would never stay there again.