PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto?

Pat-n-Eil
05-22-2005, 10:52 AM
My son has asked that we visit Ariel's Grotto for a meal this trip. We have not eaten there before - not when it was Avalon Cove nor now. Looking at the website it looks like Lunch is $17 for soup or salad and a burger, pasta, fish & chips or chicken Pot pie plus $2.50 for a drink.

Is it worth it?
How is the food quality?
Character Interaction?

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 10:55 AM
My son has asked that we visit Ariel's Grotto for a meal this trip. We have not eaten there before - not when it was Avalon Cove nor now. Looking at the website it looks like Lunch is $17 for soup or salad and a burger, pasta, fish & chips or chicken Pot pie plus $2.50 for a drink.

Is it worth it?
How is the food quality?
Character Interaction?
The food is good. I like it. I would pay the lunch prices but it would have to be a very specail occasion to do the dinner. The character walk around and come to your table the three times I have been there I have seen Mickey, minnie, Pluto, chip and dale and Donald. and each one visited our table once.
Ariel I am told is no longer there. Why I am not sure seems kind of strange.
Oh also for the food they have daily specials. we had ribs once and they were very good!

Terri
05-22-2005, 10:56 AM
My son and I ate there last March (2004) and he was 10 at the time. Here's what he has to say:

1. yes it's worth it because of the amount of character interaction and the food taste great!
2. On a scale of 1 - 10, my son would rate it an 8.
3. The character interaction is great, the last visit we were there, pluto bit my son's head off! (the picture is really cute!) We got autographs from, Mickey, Minnie, pluto, goofy, chip & dale and donald duck.

As an adult, I enjoyed it too. We had dinner and sat in the open area by the water. It was peaceful and the food was good and filling.

Rhiannon8404
05-22-2005, 11:08 AM
We really like Ariel's Grotto. The food is good and character interaction is great. Of the character meals we've done (Ariel's, PCH grill and Goofy's kitchen) our favorite is Ariel's. We were there for dinner one time and it was close to closing. Goofy and Pluto were just hanging around playing with the kids, wresting with them on the floor and stuff. It was great!

Wendi
05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
We had a very good experience there last November. Good character interaction and good food. The portions are large, and they bring you a big puff of cotton candy to share for dessert. The kids get to keep a pail and shovel too!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Is it worth it? I think so. We enjoyed it and I would like to go back.
How is the food quality? I wouldn't say high quality but it was good. You are paying more for atmosphere and character interactin than food.
Character Interaction? This was high! My 3yo was sick and wanted nothing to do with the characters, which was such a downer, because he normally loves them all. Thankfully my 1yo was really in to the characters, this started his fascination with them, and I got some great photos and video. They were around the entire time we were there! I would say it is a 10 on the character interaction scale.

CrazyTrain
05-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Max is also there!

Disneyfun
05-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Max is also there!
I have yet to see max but it would be cool if I did.