PDA

View Full Version : The Stake Out [fireworks]

mexibob1
05-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I really want to see the new Fireworks show. Where is the best place to sit? And how early do I need to show up to stake out that spot? And if you don't mind telling me.....I also don't know what to do about Fantasmic and the new Parade. What are the best spots and how early do I need to stake out for those???????

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I really want to see the new Fireworks show. Where is the best place to sit? And how early do I need to show up to stake out that spot? And if you don't mind telling me.....I also don't know what to do about Fantasmic and the new Parade. What are the best spots and how early do I need to stake out for those???????
Some one will send a like I am sure. But I suggest a way to do all three. Sit at the hub but where you can also see the 7:45 parade. Not sure if you get a show stop or not. Sorry. Stay there till fire works. Then directly after fireworks head straight over to Fantasmic.
Good Luck!

Wendi
05-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Sit in the hub, make sure you have a clear view of the castle (don't sit behind a tree) and you want to also be able to see the matterhorn. As soon as the fireworks are over, head to F! - we did it May 5th and had plenty of time and a great spot.

Captain Josh
05-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Take the curb on the north side of the Partners statue. Keep an eye open for when the rope off the castle bridge entrance, then get as close to that rope as possible.

You want to get there by 7:00pm or so.

CrazyTrain
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
The best spot I've found so far is on the curb by the Plaza Inn. You're far enough away that the fireworks are over the castle yet close enough to see the castle and Matterhorn. Plus, you have a little height advantage being on the curb. (Until someone places a child on his/her shoulders!)

HydroGuy
05-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by mexibob1
I have the same question, but want my 9, 10, 12 and 13-year-old to be able to see. Is that possible? Any modified advice?

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 11:45 PM
The Stake Out? I thought Another Stakeout was funnier.

{clicks the start button on my stop watch to time the reply}

stan4d_steph
05-24-2005, 05:50 AM
There's a great viewing guide put together by MousePlanet staff at this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm). It will give you an idea of what you can and can not see from various vantage points around the park.

b52hbuff
05-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Ok, so I'm a 'Fantasmic! veteran'... How does the fireworks stakeout compare?

Do folks spread out blankets, or is it standing room only?

What to do about small children? I assume that strollers won't be a problem and may help to keep the little ones from getting trampled?

CrazyTrain
05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Um, all of the above?
People sit and stand, some spread out blankets.
Pretty much everyone stands for the actual fireworks, but people do sit beforehand. Though some stand. I think it depends on exactly where you are and what the crowd's like.