PDA

View Full Version : Disneyphile Infectiousness

Pat-n-Eil
05-22-2005, 09:45 AM
I believe I am the Disneyphile in my family. We all like Disneyland and Disney Movies, but I tend to be the drivig force.

This morning, my wife was in the garage where our laundry area is. When you're facing the washer & dryer we have a freezer that is behind you.. and from time to time is makes a quiet "whistling & whooshing" kind of noise that sounds like a distant arctic wind.

This morning my wife comes in and says "You know, when you're in the garage and its quiet, that freezer sounds like the Matterhorn at Disneyland".

:)

That's my girl!

Niwel
05-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Been there, done that! :) (If you start hearing yodeling and a voice comes out with the words "alpine" -- start running.)

littlemissgorgeous
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I think Iīve been infected too... my best friend and I have always been crazy about Disney, but the last weeks it really became even more scary..we quote Disney movies were ever we go...
Some people already think we are crazy...
Pah- all those Non- believers.. :D
Itīs not easy loving Disney in germany ... :(

Disneynerd
05-22-2005, 01:38 PM
I believe I am the Disneyphile in my family. We all like Disneyland and Disney Movies, but I tend to be the drivig force.

This morning, my wife was in the garage where our laundry area is. When you're facing the washer & dryer we have a freezer that is behind you.. and from time to time is makes a quiet "whistling & whooshing" kind of noise that sounds like a distant arctic wind.

This morning my wife comes in and says "You know, when you're in the garage and its quiet, that freezer sounds like the Matterhorn at Disneyland".

:)

That's my girl!I love this story. I've infected my husband. It's funny to hear him use the lingo - Splash, 101, CM, HM, etc... I think he's just trying to impress me though;)

hlbtimes2
05-22-2005, 03:27 PM
I dont know who has the worse case at our house. My 3 year old actually asked last night if I could show him a picture of the rental strollers. LOL I found a picture here at MP, and he ok'd it.

Shortiemetoo
05-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Been there, done that! :) (If you start hearing yodeling and a voice comes out with the words "alpine" -- start running.)

ROFL too good!!!!! :D

disneyfand
05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
I bet it almost brought a tear to your eyes :crying: with happiness.

Disney_Nut
05-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Yes, it's not always easy being around the "non-believers", but I try to infect as many people as I can. :)
One time, someone mentioned the word 'water', and I instantly smelled the POTC smell. It was still about 4 months before my trip and it drove me crazy!

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 10:36 AM
This morning my wife comes in and says "You know, when you're in the garage and its quiet, that freezer sounds like the Matterhorn at Disneyland". :p That's awesome. Have you posted in one of the "You know you've been to DLR too much" threads yet?

GrimmGreen
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
at my old starbucks store , in carson city , the ice machine smelled exactly like the inside of pirates of the caribbean

sdfilmcritic
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
at my old starbucks store , in carson city , the ice machine smelled exactly like the inside of pirates of the caribbeanEew. Now that's just gross. :D

stan4d_steph
05-23-2005, 11:36 AM
One elevator at work has a squeak door that's reminiscent of the BTMRR train.

MartyLuvsTigger
05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I had the same thing with my husband. I ALWAYS had to drag him to Disneyland. He always complained "why do we always go for birthday/anniversary/vacation". So imagine my surprise that he is planing a suprise trip for the two of us because he want to see the fireworks in person (thanks MP for the video!) :D

Chadsgal
05-23-2005, 01:06 PM
My Husband says that I look at life though Disney glasses cause EVERYTHING reminds me of DL. But the other day, while listening to POTC on our cd set, he was singing right along with me then stopped and said "OH NO!! I am as crazy as you are!!!" :p

Lekta
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
If that is crazy, we are all loons =)

Chadsgal
05-23-2005, 01:59 PM
LOL, true true! :D