PDA

View Full Version : Exit Backstage

TDBearGrrl
05-22-2005, 07:26 AM
It could be that I am the last person on the face of the planet (MousePlanet, that is) to have this experience since I have been away from the boards until recently, but last night after the fireworks we were exiting through the Plaza and we came down the stairs by Coke Corner and planned to duck into the stores and try to get out that way. At the bottom of the stairs there was a cast member saying we could get to main street by going either left or right. Left took you directly to Main Street, right took you backstage. Guess which way we went!

DisneyDustin22
05-22-2005, 08:12 AM
it happens. it's their way of releasing crowd pressure on main street.

SilverStyle
05-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I think thats where they house the Jungle cruise boats. Smells nasty

TimBuk2
05-22-2005, 10:06 AM
So how much longer did you stay? :cool:

I'm not sure I understand, why would they give you the choice of going Right at that point? Yes it would be cool to get backstage.

On May 5th they stopped from going forward in the same area as we were entering the park at 8:30am. I think it was because of the watch sale, but it was so packed in that area already, we couldn't get any farther than The Emporium.

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 10:10 AM
My uncle and I also wnet that way during the Christmas Fireworks. All my uncle could say was Walt disney would be rolling in his grave. It takes away from the magic. And yes it stinks.

I was once a CM looooooooong time ago for a very short while. This will tell you how long. I worked at the Plaza Pavilion when it was still a resturant. I remember my first time coming from back stage on main street. I felt like Mary Poppins. going through the side walk. It is so different form the back stage to in the park.

hlbtimes2
05-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Back when they were "ending" the Electrical parade, and the park was packed, we used that way to exit once. That same week, they also had a backstage area over by frontier land open. Dont remember exacty where it started and ended. We were to in awe to pay attn to the details. LOL

Opus1guy
05-22-2005, 10:45 AM
The backstage Main Street (Jungle Cruise side) exit path is a common exit method used at really busy times. I recall them doing this all the way back to Summers in the 1960s.

Another one that I also recall (but only once) was on a super crowded night or event...that they laid a cone path from the backstage Cast Member Only "door" to the right of Space Mountain (back by the restrooms), directly across to the Town Square gate, as a guest exit option. They had planned this in advance as they had signs printed and everything.

FantasmicFanatic
05-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey DD, good seeing you last night! (I was the quasi-flamboyant <sp> boy standing next to ya at fireowkrs!). I tried to see if they were using backstage on my way to F! and didn't see it. I was thinking about how they really needed to, glad to hear they did, it's a necessity with the new fireowkrs show.

FF

TDBearGrrl
05-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I think thats where they house the Jungle cruise boats. Smells nasty

Yes and Yes!

TDBearGrrl
05-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey DD, good seeing you last night! (I was the quasi-flamboyant <sp> boy standing next to ya at fireowkrs!). I tried to see if they were using backstage on my way to F! and didn't see it. I was thinking about how they really needed to, glad to hear they did, it's a necessity with the new fireowkrs show.

FF

FF:

Good to see you last night too! We didn't do Fantasmic. (I wanted to but one of the members of our little group can't stand trying to walk in the crowds)!

See you again soon!

DD

CinemaGal15
05-23-2005, 12:57 PM
It could be that I am the last person on the face of the planet (MousePlanet, that is) to have this experience since I have been away from the boards until recently, but last night after the fireworks we were exiting through the Plaza and we came down the stairs by Coke Corner and planned to duck into the stores and try to get out that way. At the bottom of the stairs there was a cast member saying we could get to main street by going either left or right. Left took you directly to Main Street, right took you backstage. Guess which way we went!

We only open the doors backstage for crowd control after major events on main street. There are two sides to walk down... Corn Dog Wagon and come out at the 50th Theater (used to be the Lincoln Theater) and then Coke Corner and come out at the Fire Station. If you have the chance to walk through, most people enjoy seeing backstage when they are able to.