PDA

View Full Version : Music to Accompany a Visit to Disneyland

PragmaticIdealist
05-22-2005, 04:35 AM
What favorite pieces of music do you have that you believe belong at Disneyland but are not currently represented there?

I have found myself with an iPod in certain areas and was struck by how well some selections in my library fit, and I would be interested in discovering other music that I might find appealing within the context of Disneyland.

Even though they are not provided by Disneyland, itself, the following pieces are some I recommend to enhance your visit. Each captures a feeling for the respective area, and adds a musical underscore where, oftentimes, there is none.

"Rooftop", from Walt Disney Pictures' "Newsies" - Town Square [One of my all-time favorite pieces of music.]

"Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" (Instrumental Dixieland Version) - Disneyland Railroad, Frontierland Station

"The Sorcerer's Apprentice" - Disneyland Railroad, Toontown Depot

Finale to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", featuring "When You Wish upon a Star" - Disneyland Railroad, Tomorrowland Station

Baroque Hoedown (Erich Kunzel arrangement) - The Gates of Disneyland; Disneyland Railroad, Main Street Station

Main Street Electrical Parade Medley, featuring "Baroque Hoedown" (Orchestral Version) - Central Plaza

Municipal Band Finale to "Star Wars": Episode 1, "The Phantom Menace" - Main Entrance to Tomorrowland

"Yoda's Theme" - Exterior of Star Tours

"Come Away with Me", from Eureka!: Disney's California Adventure Parade (now defunct) - The California Sun, D.C.A.

Louis Armstrong's classic renditions of Disney songs, as well as his "What a Wonderful World" - Rivers of America, prior to Fantasmic!

Aaron Copeland's "Rodeo" - Frontierland

"Rocketeer to the Rescue", by James Horner - Condor Flats, in addition to Hollywood Pictures Backlot

"Main Title: South America, 1936" and "The Raiders March", both from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - Indiana Jones Adventure, Temple Forecourt

The Album, "Wish upon a Star" (light-jazz versions of Disney songs) - Parking Areas and Disneyland Hotel Lounges (End of Day) [Also works well for trip home.]

"I Left My Heart in San Francisco", performed by Tony Bennett - Pacific Wharf and waterfront amphitheatre in D.C.A.

Exit Music to Fantasmic! - Tram Stop to Parking Areas (End of Day)

"The World Is a Caroussel of Color" and other instrumental music from Walt Disney's "Wonderful World of Color" - Outer Lobby, including Downtown Disney

"King of Wishful Thinking", by Go West and from the soundtrack to "Pretty Woman" - Hollywood Pictures Backlot

"Ghost Riders in the Sky" - Frontierland

"Pocahontas", "Just around the River Bend", and "Colors of the Wind" - Big Thunder Trail and Tom Sawyer's Island

Background Music (Originally Played in Counterpoint to Main Melody) to "It's a Small World" - Tram Stop to Main Entrance; Security Checkpoints

Theme from "Tron", by Wendy Carlos - Space Mountain Concourses

The "Hooray for Hollywood" Cha-Cha by Ultra Lounge - Hollywood Pictures Backlot

"The Monkey's Uncle", performed by Annette Funicello and the Beach Boys - Pizza Oom Mow Mow and Environs in Paradise Pier

"California, Here I Come" (as performed in "I Love Lucy") and and other music presented in the original D.C.A. Preview Center (from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.) - Entry Sequence to D.C.A.

Jack Wagner's orginal announcements for Disneyland

Thurl Ravenscroft's original narration to the Disneyland Railroad

All the music that is no longer at Disneyland, such as "The Golden Dream" from the former version of "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" and "Another Part of Me" from "Captain EO"

And, "Tragic Kingdom", by No Doubt... Permanacer sentados, por favor.

... Just kidding.

(You may need to use a peer-to-peer file-sharing service to obtain some of these selections since they may not be currently available for purchase. Thurl Ravenscroft's D.R.R. narration, for example, has never been officially released by Disney.)