PDA

View Full Version : New DL/DCA Information (?)

Pirate Princess
05-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Okay.. so I just got back from my DL/DCA trip and have been away from a computer for too long. Therefore, I do not have time to read every post since I have been gone, so I would like to apologize in advance if this information has already been posted:

I have received this information from a few very talkative CM's on this trip. I cannot personally verify that any of this is true, but perhaps someone else can. I am only relaying this message out of the kindness of my heart, so if any of you start your mightier-than-thou...

Here we goooooooo...

The Space Mountain renovation has become a major project. They have dug about four stories down and it now has about four or five new turns and has one upside-down loop. They will be using the same cars for the ride. (Does this mean new harnesses though?) This CM told me that you are able to see into the back opening since it had to be ripped to make the renovations possible and is able to be viewed from the CM dining area.

The Star Tours project, which we all knew about but this CM knew a lot more details.. I wish I could remember. Errr.

In DCA the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" will be replaced by Aerosmith’s (Something Something) Rollercoaster. I forget the name.. sorry guys but I figured the CM would stop talking if I pulled out a pen and paper.

Also in DCA the Orange Stinger and Golden Zephyr will be ripped out and replaced by two new roller coasters. Simba's parking lot will also be ripped out to make way for a few more roller coasters.

I will try to remember more as it comes to me. Like I said before I didn't have anyway to record the details and after that many days in the heat and the longggg drive home, I am exhausted.

Oh, the CM's gave me time frames for each project, but all I can remember is that they are projected to be completed by 2010.

TimBuk2
05-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Space Mtn is already about 6 stories tall inside, and other sources have claimed they've been in the back and say there is NO loop. Seems too small of a space to put a loop anyway.

The lengthy delay in Space Mtn is due to a construction worker falling 6 floors while working on it a few months ago. OSHA shut it down for weeks before continuing. Suppose to open on July 15 according to Disneyland sources.

As for the ride vehicles, I don't see how they can use the same one's since they've already sold the old ones on Ebay.

I would say if some CMs know people are listening, they might let out a few fibs to keep rumors flying about all the renovations.

The WDW coaster is called "Rock N Roller Coaster" starring Aerosmith. That would be cool.

There have been talks also about ripping out the boardwalk games and making it like San Francisco.

And yeah !!! if they take out the old parking lot. That's a waste as it is now, rides would be better for the park.

SilverStyle
05-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Space will be the same. As for DCA, there are going to be a lot of new stuff. Hollywood and dine is going and timone parking lot is going

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-21-2005, 10:48 PM
New things in DCA would be great. About the only things I enjoy there is the food and Soarin'. Oh and the Aladdin show.

sdfilmcritic
05-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe the loop on SM will be very tight and small. Boy would that give the riders some nauseous feelings.

And the Aerosmith idea would be a cool idea if they have enough room for it at DCA.

PirateSmile
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
In DCA the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" will be replaced by Aerosmith’s (Something Something) Rollercoaster. I forget the name.. sorry guys but I figured the CM would stop talking if I pulled out a pen and paper.

Man, at this rate I won't have anything to look forward to when I go to WDW. I'll already have rode it all at DCA :|

Also in DCA the Orange Stinger and Golden Zephyr will be ripped out and replaced by two new roller coasters. Simba's parking lot will also be ripped out to make way for a few more roller coasters.

More roller-coasters? Eh...I hope they make it themed somehow. Oh well, at least they're making DCA better somehow :)

MyBeast
05-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Wow, those cast members are creative. And you believe them which makes it more amusing.

cstephens
05-22-2005, 01:17 AM
So I wonder if the CM really thought he/she was telling the truth, was suckered into repeating an oft-used internet joke or knew that he/she was telling a bold-faced lie about the SM loop?

"A CM told me" isn't always the magic path to knowledge.

FantasmicFanatic
05-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't believe there is a single piece of truth in this thread. Sorry you got duped.

FF

capst
05-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Oh, the CM's gave me time frames for each project, but all I can remember is that they are projected to be completed by 2010.

Yeah...probably April 1, 2010.

rentayenta
05-22-2005, 07:17 AM
New things in DCA would be great. About the only things I enjoy there is the food and Soarin'. Oh and the Aladdin show.

Don't forget the Main St. Electrical Parade and the Animation Building. My kids love those. :)

TDBearGrrl
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Does anyone know where Turtle Talk starring Crush will be?

Drince88
05-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Living Seas in Epcot Future World in Orlando?
I hadn't heard they were doing anything like this in Disneyland, unless you count the Stitch interaction in Innoventions, which I believe is the same sort of technology.

cstephens
05-22-2005, 08:11 AM

I believe they said it will be in the Animation Building in DCA, but I'm not sure where inside.

MyBeast
05-22-2005, 08:30 AM
They are in the process of redoing the screening room in the Animation Building so it may be there.

TDBearGrrl
05-22-2005, 08:45 AM
The screening room - that is what I thought. Thanks!

SilverStyle
05-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Yep, they already strated ripping stuff out for Turtle Talk

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Yep, they already strated ripping stuff out for Turtle Talk
NOOOOO !!! I love going to the animation building I want to keep it to my self!!!! They bring in Turtle talk and more people will come in. I want to keep it to myself. It is mine! Mine! All mine!!!

Sorry I just have to get that out!

Drince88
05-22-2005, 10:25 AM
They are in the process of redoing the screening room in the Animation Building so it may be there.
Any idea when this will be open? I hadn't heard anything about this one coming to DL/DCA before this (and I thought I read most of the DL threads here) :fez:

tinkluver
05-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Any idea when this will be open? I hadn't heard anything about this one coming to DL/DCA before this (and I thought I read most of the DL threads here) :fez:
Here's a recent thread for ya - :) http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40338&highlight=turtle+talk

Drince88
05-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Here's a recent thread for ya - :) http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40338&highlight=turtle+talk
Gracias! (And I think I read that thread :( )

splashmtngurl
05-22-2005, 05:00 PM
I thought that the turtle talk with crush is going to be in the living seas at epcot. Havent heard anything about it coming to DCA, that would be neat though......

so whats going to be new with inoventions? i havent been there for 4 years so i'm not sure about everything thats been done to it...

kudos to matt oiumet (sp?) for really giving disneyland back some of its old luster!!!! *APPLAUSE*