PDA

View Full Version : Place to watch fireworks if in wheel chair

Chris1
05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
My father-in-law is elderly and is in a wheel chair. We wanted him to be able to watch the fireworks. Does anyone know if there is a spot (or of a spot) where he would be able to watch the show from his chair? (We want him to be able to see what is going on around the castle, Main Street, etc....)

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 08:43 PM
My father-in-law is elderly and is in a wheel chair. We wanted him to be able to watch the fireworks. Does anyone know if there is a spot (or of a spot) where he would be able to watch the show from his chair? (We want him to be able to see what is going on around the castle, Main Street, etc....)
Forst read this http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm
If you can not get in to the hub or want to wait that long! then from my personal experiance. I suggest Watching the parade from the Wheel Chair area by the corn dog cart. THe after the parade move the chair north a bit. To where they had the ropes for the crossing. THey will come back later and put ropes up here again. This will be a walk way but this will keep anyone from standing infront of him. You will not be able to see the Matterhorn but you will be able to see the castle and the effects around main street. If you can you might try this same area but across the street you might have a view of the Matterhorn. I have taken my mom to see the fireworks twice now and we have been at the stop that I mentioned above. She also sits in a wheel chair.