PDA

View Full Version : Parade Seating Suggestions?

D15
05-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi everybody, long-time lurker and Disneyland patron/lover, but first time poster here (though I've been soaking up all your knowledge for quite a while :D )

My family will be going in early June (Soon! Hooray!) for our first trip together since 2001, though I've been with friends since then so I know all the new stuff that's been going on and get to play tour-guide ;) It'll also be our first trip with my new niece, she'll be just under 6 months while we're there. On that note, (though unrelated to the post title): any tips for us with the baby? Obviously my parents did Disneyland with kids several times, but that was a while ago :p , so is there anything we should know for sure that'll help keep everything running smoothly?

Anyway, my main question is about the Parade of Dreams. We'll definitely want to see it more than once (as I understand you essentially need to if you want to see all the show stops), but where would those who have seen it suggest we grab seats that would be best to see the show stops?

So to end my ramble, hello to everybody, and hopefully I can help contribute as much as you all do on the boards! :)

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 05:38 PM
It is not the most exciting as for the effects but if you have young kids who like the princess I suggest by coke corner For the evening show Going up main stree! You get two show stops. The first is a very long stop while waiting for all of the other floats to get into position. You get the stop of the first float with the Fairies. IF you are closer to the plaza pavillian. If you are furhter down in front of coke corner the first stop would be beauty and the beast. For the second stop is the last float with the princesses and Mickey and friends. Just up a head will be the back end of the Lion king and you can watch the tree grow.

This is the only spot I have seent he parade from so far.

lisap
05-21-2005, 07:25 PM
This (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41377&highlight=parade+dreams+show+stops) is a helpful thread listing all the show stops. If you have specific questions about bringing babies to DL, post them in the parenting forum and the mom and dads here will do their best to help. Have a great trip. :)

D15
05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Ooh, great! (I really should have seen that thread before :p ) Thanks, both of you, and I'll check up on the parenting forum too.
I can't wait! It's been way too long since I've been there last :D

PragmaticIdealist
05-22-2005, 01:30 AM
For Attractions with boarding restrictions, you can alternate taking care of the baby with actually experiencing the Attraction without having to wait twice.

Just inquire about the "child-switch" pass with the Hosts and Hostesses greeting Guests at the Attraction entrances. And, incidentally, two adults can use the pass at the same time, so, for example, with three adults in one's party, the third adult can experience the Attraction twice while only waiting once.

You may also want to stop by the Baby Care Center to leave formula and make use of the facility's amenities. An interesting picture of Walt Disney as an infant, circa 1901, is hanging in the nursery.

mamamage
05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
I was wondering...... if we stopped in for an early dinner at the plaza inn (let's say 6:30) would we be in the perfect spot for the 7:00 parade??

Sheila
05-23-2005, 04:44 PM
I was wondering...... if we stopped in for an early dinner at the plaza inn (let's say 6:30) would we be in the perfect spot for the 7:00 parade??

There are planters with tall shrubs that ring the perimeter of Plaza Inn, so I'd have to say that would not be a really great view of the parade. You'd have to peek through the shrubs and hope that no one is standing in front of you. Plaza Inn did use to be a great parade/fireworks viewing area, but not anymore....