PDA

View Full Version : When is the Worst time to go to Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

HorizonsA
05-21-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll tell you when, when a whole bunch of middle school students come for field trips! I'm sorry, but those teenagers are the worst people to visit Disneyland with. They ruin attraction experiences, they scream at EVERYthing, they walk around, especially the boys, like they own the place, they always where those baggie baggie panst where there crotch is down to their knees, they do tsupid things that make them look "cool," They use profanity left and right, they can't seem to understand the concept of NO Flash Photography, and they're just down right obnoxious.

You go on Small World, the girls sing along at volume, and one time some girl began singing the tune of the song, but she kept singing Feliz Navidad! At the Haunted Mansion, although it happens all the time, they all have to scream at the top of their lungs in the Stretching Chamber and then when the Ghost Host falls to the floor, someone always has to scream at the last minute. There's always little group of kids that say "Oh [heeeeeeecccck] no," every ten seconds (other word used in brackets). It's just not fun when you stand in line in front of or in back of these kids.

I just had to get my frustrations out. This last Friday had like 4 million middle school students and every attraction I went to, they were there, being stupid. Now, if they were with their parents or something, then it would be different, but since there were on their "own" for the day, they don't behave like they should. I wish I knew ahead of time when these field trips were taking place, then I'd know to go on another day when there were little to no fields trips at all so that my friends and I can enjoy the Park without these immature kids. Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just had to get it out.

SilverStyle
05-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I know what your talking about, but you also have to see through a CM eyes. It's even worse. Teenagers are the worse, essp during grad nights. They are rude and try to be all high and might. We have had people request a diff elevator over at tower, to keep away from the noisy kids. If the guest ask nicely I would be glad to do it.

Jeremiah
05-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Starting on May 5th and going for 18 months is Disneylands 50th......LOL sorry I could not resest. Just really try to avoid weekend if you can the park is extra busy and will be for as I said, the next 18 months. But weekends you just ask for it to be more busy.

J

PirateSmile
05-21-2005, 08:22 PM
NOOOO not more teenagers giving the rest a bad name!!! Say it ain't so! Well, anyways. I'd say anytime when it's raining. I love the rain oodles, but not at DL.

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
NOOOO not more teenagers giving the rest a bad name!!! Say it ain't so! Well, anyways. I'd say anytime when it's raining. I love the rain oodles, but not at DL.
One year I went to disney every time it rained. Everyone knew if it was raining I was in Disneyland. (NO DCA at that time)

blueckles
05-21-2005, 08:59 PM
My little sister was one of the 4 million pre-teen junior high students you saw at the park yesterday. Her and her friends are sometimes strange, and yes - they can be ultra annoying - but you know what? They're kids. I've been to the park with my friends (and we're in our mid to late 20's) and have encountered MANY annoying kids and teenagers (and sometimes adults!). I've rolled my eyes and muttered things under my breath, but my friends and I always remind eachother - we were the exact same way. People like to show off. It's when they become outright rude and insensitive when I begin to have a real problem. And I have no problem letting a CM know about it. Just remember that most schools are taking field trips at the end of May/early June. If you know it'll bother you, just don't go next year.

sdfilmcritic
05-21-2005, 10:55 PM
My two cents.

The worst time to go is during holiday weeks, weekends, and the actual day of the holiday itself. New Years Eve was the worst I've experienced. I've never gone to the parks on 4th of July or Christmas, but I'm sure those two days are just as bad.

Captain Josh
05-21-2005, 10:57 PM
The worst time to go?

As a fledgling CM, I do think I am somewhat qualified to answer this.

The worst time to go to Disneyland would be after park hours have ended. We do not let people into a closed park. If you came to us after we were closed, it'd probably be the worst time to come.

sdfilmcritic
05-21-2005, 11:04 PM
The worst time to go to Disneyland would be after park hours have ended. We do not let people into a closed park. If you came to us after we were closed, it'd probably be the worst time to come. :p You're funny, Josh.

sunfun94
05-21-2005, 11:06 PM
My two cents.

The worst time to go is during holiday weeks, weekends, and the actual day of the holiday itself. New Years Eve was the worst I've experienced. I've never gone to the parks on 4th of July or Christmas, but I'm sure those two days are just as bad.

Christmas wasnt bad at all in the morning (thats as long as we stayed) actually.. unless you were getting a AP..lol... :D

Alex S.
05-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Dang, Captain Josh took my answer. I was going to say 5:00AM when the park is closed and they're spraying down the Esplanade (and I've been there at that time of the morning, moving MouseAdventure stuff into the picnic area lockers).

ChurroLad
05-22-2005, 01:00 AM
I'll tell you when, when a whole bunch of middle school students come for field trips! I'm sorry, but those teenagers are the worst people to visit Disneyland with. They ruin attraction experiences, they scream at EVERYthing, they walk around, especially the boys, like they own the place, they always where those baggie baggie panst where there crotch is down to their knees, they do tsupid things that make them look "cool," They use profanity left and right, they can't seem to understand the concept of NO Flash Photography, and they're just down right obnoxious.

You go on Small World, the girls sing along at volume, and one time some girl began singing the tune of the song, but she kept singing Feliz Navidad! At the Haunted Mansion, although it happens all the time, they all have to scream at the top of their lungs in the Stretching Chamber and then when the Ghost Host falls to the floor, someone always has to scream at the last minute. There's always little group of kids that say "Oh [heeeeeeecccck] no," every ten seconds (other word used in brackets). It's just not fun when you stand in line in front of or in back of these kids.

I just had to get my frustrations out. This last Friday had like 4 million middle school students and every attraction I went to, they were there, being stupid. Now, if they were with their parents or something, then it would be different, but since there were on their "own" for the day, they don't behave like they should. I wish I knew ahead of time when these field trips were taking place, then I'd know to go on another day when there were little to no fields trips at all so that my friends and I can enjoy the Park without these immature kids. Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just had to get it out.

Totally agree with you. Especially when the guys try to act cool by talking trash to CMs. Once some well-pierced guy with with his friends asked "Do you sleep well at night selling water for 2.75?" I replied with "Do you sleep well at night with all that metal in your face?" He got laughed at by his buddies as they walked away.

Pat-n-Eil
05-22-2005, 02:27 AM
I truly understand the frustration of the original poster. His experience happened to be with a bunch of teenagers who, for some reason, seem to lose their manners when they are together in a mob.

I have two teenagers myself. My 17 year old girl is very nice and respectful and my 14 year old son is also nice, but sometimes obnoxious in his own way. We have talked about language, but I'm pretty that he's got a different vocabulary around his friends and in the schoolyard or hallways than he does around his folks. I guess its the nature of being a young teenager.

I've encountered my share of rudeness in public places, including Disneyland. It isn't just teenagers, it's any self centered person with a flash camera, a video camera with an lcd screen viewfinder, a loud person oblivious about themselves, a group of people who stop in the middle of a thoroughfare to powwow about their next move, a stroller pusher who can't seem to understand how far their stroller is in front of them, every person who obviously ignores the spiel and does stupid stuff, people who talk throughout a movie, line cutters, line place holders, smart alec hecklers, people who throw stuff, and anyone who feels the need to be the focus of attention in the middle of an attraction.

I, personally, try to turn the other cheek and let it go like water off a duck's back.. but because my wife is more sensitive to some of these things, I have to deal with it more when she's been upset about something. Fortunately, we usually go for several days and we can re-experience the ride, hopefully without the unacceptable behavior.. but what a shame for a family who wants a fun and wholesome family vacation day to have to put up with rude, profane and obnoxious behavior.

PragmaticIdealist
05-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Just let the Hosts and Hostesses know about the offenders, and, if the situation is not handled to your satisfaction, write to Disneyland management through City Hall or by mail.

Before Paul Pressler and his shopping-mall customer-service mentality, Disneyland used to have zero-tolerance for Guests that detracted from the magic by introducing light, sounds, etc. The Disneyland Hosts and Hostesses will still inform the offending Guests of Disneyland policy and enforce it, but the culture does need to return to its pre-1994 levels of control.

Disney security will also surreptitiously follow the Guests if there is a complaint.

I would like to see security ask an offending Guest to present his or her Passport to have it marked as an indication that the Guest is aware of a particular policy, so that the Guest can be immediately removed from the premises upon any future infraction. Such structure and orderliness reassures people and is a major reason Disneyland had such success during its first four decades. The quality of show was steadfastly maintained during that time.

Disney might even be able to eliminate much of its custodial department if a policy prohibiting littering was instituted.

I hope that, with the new management, Disney may get heavy-handed again and start taking the Show as seriously as it used to. The worst thing about any visit to Disneyland is, invariably, the behavior of just a few Guests who ruin the experience for everyone else.

SilverStyle
05-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Just let the Hosts and Hostesses know about the offenders, and, if the situation is not handled to your satisfaction, write to Disneyland management through City Hall or by mail.

Before Paul Pressler and his shopping-mall customer-service mentality, Disneyland used to have zero-tolerance for Guests that detracted from the magic by introducing light, sounds, etc. The Disneyland Hosts and Hostesses will still inform the offending Guests of Disneyland policy and enforce it, but the culture does need to return to its pre-1994 levels of control.

Disney security will also surreptitiously follow the Guests if there is a complaint.

I would like to see security ask an offending Guest to present his or her Passport to have it marked as an indication that the Guest is aware of a particular policy, so that the Guest can be immediately removed from the premises upon any future infraction. Such structure and orderliness reassures people and is a major reason Disneyland had such success during its first four decades. The quality of show was steadfastly maintained during that time.

Disney might even be able to eliminate much of its custodial department if a policy prohibiting littering was instituted.

I hope that, with the new management, Disney may get heavy-handed again and start taking the Show as seriously as it used to. The worst thing about any visit to Disneyland is, invariably, the behavior of just a few Guests who ruin the experience for everyone else.

I totally agree. We also have to deal with the idea of saftey for the guest. Over at tower I had a guest try to play the seat belt thing, trying to hide it like it's buckled. I had removed him from my elevator for that safety reason. There are some incidences when the CM doesnt catch it, and they are standing during the ride, which we have to hit a ride stop. Guess what it was? An AP doing this, the person was walked off the resort and the pass was takin away. I mean, why do you want to get hurt. Geeze

SCUBAbe
05-22-2005, 10:15 AM
anytime in august....or the summer...LOL..I can handle crowds somewhat, but thorugh heat and humdity on top of it and I'm going for the exits. One time in august we drove down in the evening, stayed the night (we went ot the park that night.) and went back the next day. I was in the park 1 hour ...it was just to hot and muggy ...then we drove home...LOL

speaking of stupid teenagers....the last time we were at the park these two teenage girls were just walking down main street scraming at the top of their lungs...why??...I think because they were stupid and immature....

sriggins
05-22-2005, 10:32 AM
My two cents.

Christmas was one of my better days, as was Labor Day (as people were getting their kids ready for school the next day!)

Pat-n-Eil
05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
....the last time we were at the park these two teenage girls were just walking down main street scraming at the top of their lungs...why??...

I'm going with... Drugs.

nursemelis374
05-22-2005, 12:34 PM
The worst time to go?

As a fledgling CM, I do think I am somewhat qualified to answer this.

The worst time to go to Disneyland would be after park hours have ended. We do not let people into a closed park. If you came to us after we were closed, it'd probably be the worst time to come.

You read my mind! This was my first response when I read this thread!

Disneynerd
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
I remember being a pre-teen and doing dumb stuff like screaming waaaaay too loud or asking CMs dumb questions on purpose. I honestly did not know it was ruining others experience. I was just being "immature" and if you can't be immature when you are 12.....
Ignore it, I know it's hard, but know that their lives are so confusing. They need to blow off steam and they really don't know how.
However, if they are swearing or could potentially cause injury, tell security.

HorizonsA
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
I totally agree. We also have to deal with the idea of saftey for the guest. Over at tower I had a guest try to play the seat belt thing, trying to hide it like it's buckled. I had removed him from my elevator for that safety reason. There are some incidences when the CM doesnt catch it, and they are standing during the ride, which we have to hit a ride stop. Guess what it was? An AP doing this, the person was walked off the resort and the pass was takin away. I mean, why do you want to get hurt. Geeze

Okay, now that's just stupid and dangerous. Someone actually tried to stand on the ride?! See, that's what I mean, some of these kids think they're too cool to wear seatbelts. And do they honestly think that they're not being watched? Congrats to ChurroLad for giving a good answer to that kid who asked you about the price. Yes, the prices are somewhat ridiculous, but it's not like you have any control over that.

Susan L
05-22-2005, 04:19 PM
This kind of behavior is very irritating from anyone. On our last trip it wasn't the teenagers that behaved this way it was the adults. At least with teenagers you expect immaturity but when it is the adults behaving that way its off the wall.

QueenAlisha
05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
I went to disneyland a few times with band and girl scouts when i was in middle school, and i NEVER acted this way. I had friends who did but i wouldnt do it. i think that stuipdest thing we did was take turns sitting next to a cute boy on a bench and the others taking pictures, so it looked like we knew him. then we each got a picture. as for the foul words, i use them now as an adult but i dont think i new them much less used them when i was in middle school.

bukah
05-22-2005, 10:19 PM
I can imagine the worst times are holidays and breaks.

The teenagers i find easy to ignore (although i am not to far removed from those days), i always hate the kids who obviously have no discipline from their parents and the parents with strollers who walk in the middle of the road and suddenly stop or turn.

pisces
05-23-2005, 08:12 AM
I had a lot of fun during Christmas/New Years week. I don't think the park ever got shut down for capacity once. So, I don't know what everyone's talking about.

Heat and Sun are my enemies. I cannot be in the Sun, and heat (both dry and humid) makes me sick.

I don't care about crowds, as long as it's cool and/or rainy. High winds don't phase me either.

Extreme heat just saps my energy, and makes me not want to deal with anything.

Besides, I think Disneyland is more fun after dark.......December days when it gets dark early!!!!