PDA

View Full Version : A magical experience!

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Being A AP holders My daughter (3yrs) and I do go often to the DLR. Some times I fear because we go so often it looses the magical experiance for her....
Yesterday I was very excited becuase my mom, Grandmother and I were finally bringing her to see the Parade. Some thing new she has not seen yet.That is all that we had planned to do for this Hot day.

So Dressed in her new Belle Dress throught the heat of the late afternoon and the worst traffic I have ever been on my way to DL. We arrived and got our spot for 7:45 parade. Well I wanted a Tihnkerbell Twist So I grabbed some money and My duaghter and I were on our way to get some drinks. On OUr way what do we see up ahead of us walking but Belle. I told my daughter that she could go run up and say hi. BUt I told her she was probably going in for dinner. ( I did not want her to think that Belle would stop.)
Well We finally caught up with Belle. And she was on here way someplace but it was to the Carosell (sp)! And she invited my Daughter To go with her. So Hand in hand they walked through FL and through the Wheelchair access my Daughter and Belle were the first to aboard the ride. Belle Even let my Daughter sit on Jingells (the gold Horse) while she sat next to her on the inside white horse. Belle talked to her the whole time. It was so magical!!!
What a wonderful trip for my little one!
Oh we enjoyed the PoD as well. It was really the first time I have realy got to see it. My first two times I was way back. This time we had curb side seats, by the Corndog cart. So we get two stops. Of course that first stop is soooo long! MY daughter says here facorite part of the ride was the LIon king Float!

CrazyTrain
05-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Awww, that's wonderful!

MammaSilva
05-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Awwwwww and that is the Magic that makes Disney worth the travel, the expense and the effort! Congrats to your little one for a memory that will last her a lifetime!

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks!
I asked my daughter today what her favorite part of yesterdays parade was and all she talked about is being with Bell. And it all she will talk about today.
I got three great pictures One with her and Belle before they got on the ride. One with both of them on the HOrses and one With my daughter on the Gold horse. My daughter has already asked to take these into school to share.
But the truth be told as I was telling my friend this story I think it is I who is really the most excited. (giggle) It was just too cool!

SilverStyle
05-21-2005, 03:08 PM
ahhh the Joy of making a magical moment. I just hoped you went to city hall and made a guest compliment. Management looks on those, and gives us as cast members a sense of gratification.

Disneyfun
05-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Silverstyle I was actually thinking When I got home last night that I would send in a letter with the picture. Would that also get the Cm Reconized? I hope so!
I work with kids all day and I can imgian how it can be hard sometimes to stay incaracter. But She did. My favorite part was when her and my Daughter where talking about books. Like "Belle" My daughter loves books.

I wish I had stopped by citty hall last night. But by the time we got back we then got something to eat. (I ended up in First aid with a minor Burn and then the Parade started And after wards I had to get her home to bed.
BUt I will send a letter or an e-mail or Tomorrow I will stop by City hal WHat every you think is best.!

SilverStyle
05-21-2005, 10:43 PM
You can always call also, its kinda of hard cause I know the characters dont have name tags. Just make sure u give a time and date you had your magical moment.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
How truly exciting for her. I hope you got some good pictures!

sdfilmcritic
05-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Awesome story! Belle's the bestest ever! :D

sunfun94
05-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow.. that is so very magical!!

I often worry about the same thing taking our 3yr old DD...but then she keeps asking to go to "Mickey's House" or "Playhouse!!" ( for Playhouse Disney at DCA) and it renews my taking her!! :D

Drince88
05-22-2005, 03:18 AM
I think it would be great to send a picture of your daughter with Belle, with a heart-felt letter about how great it was for her, especially if you got any great semi-candid shots.

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 05:58 AM
I think it would be great to send a picture of your daughter with Belle, with a heart-felt letter about how great it was for her, especially if you got any great semi-candid shots.
I did get some goodshots. I just kept clicking away hoping I would get something good. I got 3 shots that are my favorite! out of the whole bunc. :P

Pat-n-Eil
05-22-2005, 10:34 AM
What a great story.. With pictures, she'll remember this forever. I have to believe that a CM in character doing something like this has to feel this is one of the most rewarding experiences imaginable.

Disneyfun
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I could see how they could feel it is rewarding but I could also see how they might feel it is a big pain the @($@)$ for like when Belle and my daughter were on there way some one stuck a camera right in Bells face. Others just stopped right in her way... I wonder what they actually think when they get off work . . . I hope with the excitement in my little ones eyes and others makes up for the others who are just rude.
I remember one day my daughter and I were up on main street by the flag pole and some kids were just picking on Pluto! they were pulling his tail. I Kept looking for one of the CMs that walk around with them but could not. Pluto tried to walk away and even tried to sit away from these "Brats" My daughter wanted to see Pluto but I would not let her near Pluto becuase these kids where just all over him and I was afraid she might get squashed. (she was about 1 1/2 then) I tried to tel the kids to stop. The teacher in me came out but they basically ignored me.
My daughter was getting up set she could not give Pluto a hug. I sat her own on a bench and told her (Kind of loudly so the kids would hear) That some people are not being nice and We will just wait our turn, At this Pluto shoock off the kids and called over my duaghter ans gave her a hug.
which made her happy. But I still just felt for that person. !!!