PDA

View Full Version : 90+ Heat wave @ DLR this weekend !

Pages : [1] 2

BQ2
05-20-2005, 07:50 PM
For all those planning on attending the parks this weekend. Beware, it will be over 90 degrees :eek:

Is it summer yet? :|

SCUBAbe
05-20-2005, 08:40 PM
it was 93 degrees here, but it cooled off nicely at night. During the summer it just stays hot all day and night. Was it humid in anaheim tiday? I can handle the heat...the humidity kills me though....

rentayenta
05-20-2005, 08:43 PM
it was 93 degrees here, but it cooled off nicely at night. During the summer it just stays hot all day and night. Was it humid in anaheim tiday? I can handle the heat...the humidity kills me though....

I am just the opposite. Utah has such an awful dry heat. Give me a little humidity any day. :)

SCUBAbe
05-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I am just the opposite. Utah has such an awful dry heat. Give me a little humidity any day. :)

we have a dry heat also. I can handle up to about 110 pretty well, but get me down in anaheim at 85 degrees with high humity and I'm running for the air conditioning. I hate that damp sticky feeling....we usually get a room if we go during the summer and we stay in it from noon until 6pm or 7 pm...LOL

MyBeast
05-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Expect long long lines for Grizzly river this weekend. Don't want to wait in line? There is a small area right to the side of where the rafts go down the big drop and you can get pretty wet there. Also in Bugs Land, there are some fountains to play in.

pokeypoke
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
What I would give to be at Disneyland this weekend in the 90 degree temerature. Of coarse I say that because they are calling for 112 degree temeratures this Sunday, here in Phoenix!!

Pokey

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Loading the suitcase with swimsuits and sunscreen. Planning to hit GRR on the way from the paradise pier to Disneyland get fastpasses and continue on our way to DL get Splash mountain fastpasses, and when the heat gets too unbearable off to the water rides we go.

Disney Acrobat
05-20-2005, 10:39 PM
im not to excited for the heat...today was bad enough and i still have to do it tomorrow!!! if it hits 90 we get to cut some choreography which might help...but makes the parade not so good looking...we will see...im betting it hits 95 in anaheim.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-20-2005, 10:49 PM
You know I'm glad you brought that up, we as guests tend to forget about how awful the heat can be for the preformers and the characters.

hopefully the temps will stay in the mid 80's.

vegasmommytoDL
05-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Call me crazy.... I'd take the 113 heat (in Vegas) over a place that is 70. I run my air conditioner at 80... Maybe it comes from being born in Vegas.

But 113 in Vegas is WAY better than 90 with humidity. Humidity sucks... maybe its just because I'm not use to it! I'll still bring a sweater to Disneyland to use when the sun goes down.

I'm one of those freaks you see with a jacket on when its 75 out =)

Disney Acrobat
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
You know I'm glad you brought that up, we as guests tend to forget about how awful the heat can be for the preformers and the characters.

hopefully the temps will stay in the mid 80's.

Well Thank you... It does get quite hot for the performers and characters as you can probably tell if you sit somewhere in town square at the end of the parade. espechally like white rabbit who is Skating the whole time...or the Flowers in Alice. I feel for them. the worst part of the heat is that the guest have been sitting there for possibly a hour and a half and sometimes look like Zombies, Which can sometimes kill the motivation to keep going. Pray for 80's!!!

lisap
05-21-2005, 08:40 AM
The forcast (weather.com) calls for a high of 85 degrees today and 83 tomorrow. Still dang hot, though. And it always seems hotter in the park.

CrazyTrain
05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Yay humidity!!

Time to pull out the shorts and scare all the little kids at the park with the blinding whiteness that is my legs! :eek:

scaeagles
05-21-2005, 10:17 AM
I know it's all what you are accustomed to, but in Phoenix this weekend it is supposed to be 113 both Sat and Sun. We go to DL in the summer and find it funny when people are talking about how hot it is. The extreme afternoon high temps of 90 often reflect what it is here at minight or 5am.

Not to rag on those who are not used to it.....again, it comes down to what you are accustomed to.

SCUBAbe
05-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I know it's all what you are accustomed to, but in Phoenix this weekend it is supposed to be 113 both Sat and Sun. We go to DL in the summer and find it funny when people are talking about how hot it is. The extreme afternoon high temps of 90 often reflect what it is here at minight or 5am.

Not to rag on those who are not used to it.....again, it comes down to what you are accustomed to.

yeah...there's more to it than the temp. I live in the mojave desert and we get up to 113 as well, but it's a dry heat. It's not like 90 degrees with high humidity. It feels like a hot wet blanket is on you all day. the 113 in dry heat doesn't bother me, but summer days with humidity does.

CoasterChickie
05-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I LOVE hot weather. I hope it stays that way through next weekend!! :)

TikiGeek
05-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Include me with the people that prefer heat over humidity. We live about 1000 yds. from the ocean - it's only going to be in the low 80's here - but the humidity! Thank God for the 3 B's - Beach, BBQ and Beer! ;) (Mostly for the latter 2 :D)

Pat-n-Eil
05-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Bring on the heat, baby.. I like the rain and the seasons, but now I'm done with it for awhile. We often get 100+ degree temperatures up here in the Big Valley, but growing up here I am used to it.

I think I'll go sit by (and get in) the pool! :)

Opus1guy
05-21-2005, 11:19 AM
It's so hot out...

How hot is it?

I'll tell 'ya how hot it is.

- It's so hot out, that Trader Sam just hung up his loincloth.

- It's so hot out, that Malicifent the Dragon sees no reason to come into work tonight.

- It's so hot out, that not only are women's high heel shoes getting stuck in the soft asphalt...so are all the strollers.

- It's so hot out, Tiki Gardens can only serve runny "Dole Whimped" today.

- It's so hot out, the Auctioneer on Pirates is accepting ice cold Cokes for the redhead.

- It's so hot out, that even the phony snow on the Matterhorn is starting to melt!

:)

DisneyCharacter
05-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Hopefully they can get the wave machine working in the pier. A little splashing while waiting at the launch wouldn't be minded. :p

iceman559
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM
What I would give to be at Disneyland this weekend in the 90 degree temerature. Of coarse I say that because they are calling for 112 degree temeratures this Sunday, here in Phoenix!!

Pokey

it just hit 112 today (in Phoenix). Its expected to be higher going into this next week :(

nursemelis374
05-21-2005, 05:31 PM
I LOVE hot weather. I hope it stays that way through next weekend!! :)

Me too! I love heat!

Crazy4DL
05-21-2005, 06:01 PM
it just hit 112 today (in Phoenix). Its expected to be higher going into this next week :(

holy cows! I can not believe I am sitting here in WA thinking I should not have turned off the gas to my gas fire place. It is so chilly and overcast! I may have to get down on my hands and knees and turn the gas back on - and you say 112 in Phoenix!! wow

Space Mountain Mike
05-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I have been to Acapulco and Cancun and both those places were unbearable. And it NEVER lets up, as there is only 5° fluctuation in temperature. I live din Phoenix and I'll take 110° heat with single digit humidity over Cancun or Acapulco any day!

jennia
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
It was the LA Zoo for us today and DLR tomorrow. The Zoo was something close to torture. I'm so glad that Disneyland doesn't have the hills that LA Zoo does and they have a LOT more shade!!! :D

We bought hats today on the way home from the Zoo to wear to Disneyland tomorrow. Even with our sunscreen I'm a *bit* pink in a few places. Tomorrow we'll have hats, sunscreen and a portable mister. It's HOT out there!! ;)