PDA

View Full Version : Rides for "wider" folks

penguin66
05-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi all! I'm taking some friends with me to DLR for their first trip this summer. One of the people is on the "wide side" as she says. She is worried about not fitting in some of the rides. Being on the wide side myself, I seem to recall that the seats on Indiana Jones were not really designed for those of us with the larger than normal posteriors. Is there anyone out there who can comment on this? I'd hate for her to go through any sort of line for one of the rides only to find out she can't fit in the seat.
Thanks!

tmshpkns
05-20-2005, 07:20 PM
At 6'4 and 320 lbs, I've never had any issue with rides at DLR.

Tom

goooofygal
05-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I've been as large as a size 26, and I didn't have any problem on Indy or any other ride at Disneyland.

Pat-n-Eil
05-20-2005, 09:42 PM
My wife and I like Disneyland because there's never been a ride we couldn't ride there.. I was even able to squeeze into the Maliboomer :) I wouldn't worry about it.. Other parks, yes.. but Disneyland.. no.

MR_RUBBLES
05-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Dont woory about Disneyland Rides. I am 5'9" and 310lbs 46"waist xxxl shirts and the only ride at either park I have had trouble fitting in was the Bugs Land Bumper cars at DCA. Now, with that being said must rides at Knotts Berry Farm are too small for me. Universal is also no problem easy fit. Any other specifics need just ask.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-21-2005, 07:47 AM
The orange stinger at DCA, it just looks so flimsy. I've never been on it, always been afraid that I would be the cute pleasantly plump girl who got stuck in the seat.

With that said, have never had a problem fitting on rides.

Drince88
05-21-2005, 09:28 AM
The orange stinger at DCA, it just looks so flimsy. I've never been on it, always been afraid that I would be the cute pleasantly plump girl who got stuck in the seat.

With that said, have never had a problem fitting on rides.
Actually, at one point that one had an upper weight limit. Not sure if that's changed, though - or how/if it was enforced.

MrsSmith
05-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Here's a tip for the Indy ride. When you get in the jeep, pull the seat beat all the way out first. THEN sit down and fasten the seat belt. Much easier and faster for those of us on the "wide side".

penguin66
05-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the great information folks! :cool:

QueenAlisha
05-22-2005, 06:26 PM
I have a big butt and have never had any kinda of issue at all. The only ride that was a little un-comphy was mail boomer, and i should have taken it as a sign..lol...never again. She shouldnt be worried about it at all