PDA

View Full Version : Is the Oasis restaurant still there?

disneyfn
05-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I read recently that there was a restuarant built under the Pirates of the Carribean call the Oasis that was used for Cast Members. I never heard of this before. Can anyone tell me more about this and is it still there?

RStar
05-20-2005, 12:02 PM
It has not been a restaurant for some years now, but it is still there. It is used now as a Aladdin Story Telling show. It's pretty good, but I wish they would bring the restaurant back. Unfortunatly I don't think it can happen as it shared the kitchen with the Plaza Pavillian which has been closed and rumor says the kitchen has been gutted.

Edited-

Oops, I saw Oasis and assumed you ment Aladdin's Oasis. There is the Blue Bayou IN Pirates, but other than that it is the only one there for the general public. I don't know about Cast food locations.

DisneylandAlum
05-20-2005, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=RStar]It has not been a restaurant for some years now, but it is still there. It is used now as a Aladdin Story Telling show. It's pretty good, but I wish they would bring the restaurant back. Unfortunatly I don't think it can happen as it shared the kitchen with the Plaza Pavillian which has been closed and rumor says the kitchen has been gutted.

There's a cast restaurant under/behind Pirates, when I worked there in the '80s it was the DEC, nicknamed "The Pit." Not sure if it's still there!

PragmaticIdealist
05-20-2005, 04:03 PM
The commissary for cast and crew below Pirates of the Caribbean has been renamed a couple of times. The current name is "Westside Diner" I believe since the restaurant was redesigned to look like a diner circa 1955 with a jukebox, etc.

Westside Diner also happens to share the same kitchen as Blue Bayou and Club 33.

The "Eat" Ticket is another backstage restaurant, and it looks like a warehouse where all sorts of old Disneyland Attraction vehicles, like Autopia cars and Skyway gondolas, are hanging from the rafters to appear as if in storage.

The "Inn" Between, so named because it is situated in the corner between Main Street, U.S.A. and Tomorrowland, is the original commissary for Disneyland's cast and crew. Walt Disney would sometimes start a meal with a special Guest he was hosting at The Disney Room (predecessor to Club 33) in what is now the Plaza Inn, and, then, finish his meal with the staff at the "Inn" Between.