PDA

View Full Version : First trip to DL since 1989

LostDad
05-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Haven't visited since my Grad Night, but have 2 kids so it's time!

Staying at Paradise Pier, with a 3-day PH pass.
2 kids: 6 yr old & 2 yr old
Have reservation for 1 character breakfast, 1 character dinner

What should I know?
What is a good plan of attack?

Thanks,
Tim

stan4d_steph
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
With 2 young children, attack Fantasyland first. Be sure to take advantage of FastPass for Buzz Lightyear if you think your 6 yo will enjoy it. The 2 yo is probably too young for the interactive portion, but might still enjoy riding along.

Have a great trip. :)

hpagels
05-20-2005, 12:40 PM
I just went back after a 12 year hiatis myself. If your 6 yo is anything like mine, plan on building in some pool time. I think if my DS could have planned it, he would have just swam all day and ridden the monorail around to take a break once in a while.

Have a great time.

Mark Mywords
05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, focus on Fantasyland.
Plan on getting Dumbo out of the way early. It's VERY popular with the small kids and loads very slowly (the lines can be horrific). Don't know if you have early entry, but take advantage of it if you do. With only 3 days, It's important for you to do some research and planning. You don't have to be "Psychotic" about it, just don't try to "Wing-it" whatever you do. It's counterintuative, but the better you plan, the less stress you, and your kids, will have. With the small kids, this is what has worked for us: Go very early, leave when it starts to get hot and really crowded, let the kids have a good long nap, go back into the park and have fun until the kids conk out.

Good luck! Have fun!