PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Pirates of the Caribbean narrative story?

justagrrl
01-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Is there a story for the Pirate's ride? I read on one site something about it being a dream sequence of some sort...

After reading the great thread on Indy and the ride's story, I'm wondering if there is one for pirates...

Ace
01-25-2002, 08:23 PM
well, I can tell you the story of the ride. Pirates take over the town and then

Plunder and Pillage! Arrgh!

then they burn the town.

END

coronamouseman
01-26-2002, 06:32 AM
Go to the MouseShoppe and buy the E-ticket Magazine which features the Pirates of the Caribbean - it has a full story on the creation and development of the storyline as well as the ride itself.

justagrrl
01-26-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
Go to the MouseShoppe and buy the E-ticket Magazine

Thanks for the tip. I'll go check it out.

tabacco
01-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
well, I can tell you the story of the ride. Pirates take over the town and then

Plunder and Pillage! Arrgh!

then they burn the town.

END

You forgot "and then they get drunk." :)

Nigel2
01-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Then a dorky pirate stops a wedding, kills a ghost pirate, grows a beard, almost kills the zombie version of the same pirate, looses the beard, wastes the zombie pirate, turns fiancee into gold statue, kills flaming version of the same pirate, gets married, wife is declared dead but is still alive, flaming pirate assumes human form and takes over as govoner with the aid of an aussie, pirate gets mad and possess a giant stone statue and you kill him in monkey combat as a giant robotic monkey. No wait that isn't right.:D

Largent81
01-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Ok, Nigel, hand over the coffee and go to sleep and nobody gets hurt.

Nigel2
01-26-2002, 11:22 PM
I have chopped the hands off of people who offer me artifical sweetners. So giving you my coffee isn't going to happen anytime soon.:D

Rallymonkey23
01-26-2002, 11:41 PM
<---------- Swallows Nigel2 whole(without chewing) for making fun of monkeys.

Nigel2
01-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Nah, monkey combat has been arround for centuries. It uses the monkey's natural power to fight.:D

You killed Eddie Jr. didn't you? You #@)%@@*)@*)@*&)&)@&)$@*)(*#*%^%# CIA agents.:mad: :D

tabacco
01-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Eek! Ack! Chee!

We could surely avoid scurvy if we'd all eat an orange!

Nigel2
01-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Che, Eek, Oop!

Gimpy Gibbon defeats Charging Chimp

Um... Doorhinge? No, well I guess the songs over now...:D

Ace
01-27-2002, 02:42 PM
it's amazing how everything turns into this...

Guybrush: You donīt need to see my ID
Cabana Boy: I donīt need to see your ID
Guybrush: I'm not the pirate you're looking for...
Cabana Boy: You're not the pirate I'm looking for...
Guybrush: I can go about my business.
Cabana Boy: You can go on about your business...
Guybrush: Move along. Move along
Cabana Boy: Move along. Move----HEY!

and

ook! aak! chee!
---any monkey

Nigel2
01-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Popapeeschu!

hbquikcomjamesl
01-29-2002, 08:20 AM
I think it goes something like this:

The old geezer in the rocking chair at the beginning is the last surviving member of the pirate crew. As he falls asleep, we fall down the first drop, through the cavern of the voices, and into his dream. From then on, it's pretty much as Squinky and Tabacco said.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
I think it goes something like this:

The old geezer in the rocking chair at the beginning is the last surviving member of the pirate crew. As he falls asleep, we fall down the first drop, through the cavern of the voices, and into his dream. From then on, it's pretty much as Squinky and Tabacco said.
That guy is a former pirate? But, but.....his clothes are all wrong for the era....maybe he's just having a dream about pirates....I think he's actually more for the Blue Bayou side of things.

Oh, and what's with the Jedi mind trick reference? I don't get it. :o

Marty Markham
01-30-2002, 04:47 PM
Just parused over this great article about how the Pirates of The Carabien story line in heavily reliant on a factor that most are not aware of.. The fact that there is a curse over the gold and treasure, and those who fool with it end up dead! Like in the end, when the two blokes are trying to run off with the gold, and the painting of Pavarotti, you get a few feet up the waterfall and see them in the exact clothes but a skeletons... Whao.. Cool huh? It's said that WDI are gonne elaboate on that theme a bit more on the proposed 50th Anniversary Redo of the Big 5.....

:D James

Brown Monkey
01-30-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Here is a link to an interesting article on the storyline behind Pirates of the Caribbean and what effect it has on the reasoning behind the proposed 50th anniversary "redo". I also posted this in the 50th anniversary thread as well. Check it out!

Senseless Skullduggery (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/jim_hill/showarticle.asp?ID=12&page=1)

Nigel2
01-31-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
From then on, it's pretty much as Squinky and Tabacco said.

So there are robotic monkeys and spoofs on numerous movies as well as catchy tunes that invlovle oragnes and doorhinges?:D

Also that painting of of blackbeard. I belive it is rumored to be the original or a copy of one from a movie.

justagrrl
02-01-2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Brown Monkey
Here is a link to an interesting article on the storyline behind Pirates of the Caribbean and what effect it has on the reasoning behind the proposed 50th anniversary "redo"

Senseless Skullduggery (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/jim_hill/showarticle.asp?ID=12&page=1)

Does he always come off sounding like a condescending jerk - or is it just this article? While I appreciate the information, I could do without the "I know better then all of you morons" sort of attitude.

""They're planning on putting a giant flaming skull inside of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ?!" these weenies cried. "

-----------------------------------------------

He also says "So now WDI wants to expand & clarify the whole "Pirates of the Caribbean" curse storyline. That's why the Imagineers plan to add that giant flaming skull from TDS'
"Indiana Jones Adventure" attraction to the tail end of the treasure cave portion of Disneyland's "Pirates" ride. ""

And I ask - hmmmm - adding a giant flaming skull to the ride is going to explain the storyline better how? Everyone will say "wow - look - it's a giant flaming skull" and still won't understand the storyline... Or is it just me? (yes - I get the story now that I've had it explained to me - but a giant skull in the ride wouldn't have done it.):rolleyes:

Ghoulish Delight
02-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I'm wasn't too clear on how the existence of giant flameskull will clarify things. The only thing I can figure is that I think I was able to infer from his article that the skull will be a TALKING giant flaming skull that will clarify things. But that's just a guess. I really hope not, becuase that would proably mean the voices in the tunnel will dissappear/be replaced :( I'd say my favorite part of the ride is to sit there and say "Perhaps ye knooows too much! You've seen the cursed treasure. Ye know where it be hid!" I'd be sad to see that go.

Brown Monkey
02-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Does he always come off sounding like a condescending jerk - or is it just this article? While I appreciate the information, I could do without the "I know better then all of you morons" sort of attitude.

I would assume that you were talking about the writer, right? It just got me a bit confused because you quoted my post and then followed it by this remark. Ok, just making sure! :D

justagrrl
02-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Brown Monkey

I would assume that you were talking about the writer, right? :D

Oops - yes - I was talking about the author of the article and NOT you. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Nigel2
02-01-2002, 10:06 PM
Anyone have an objection to calling the skull murray?:D