PDA

View Full Version : need ideas from you experts

snoopyfan
05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
I've been reading MP for about 3 or 4 years now, but just recently joined the boards. I'll be in DL with my family next week. Long story short, my good friend's 3 year old daughter is in intensive care with a serious heart condition. This was a huge surprise as my friend's family has been looking forward to their much anticipated trip to DL at the end of the month. I want to bring something special back for her daughter (a princess freak!), but not something they will get when they eventually have the chance to go, i.e., golden ears. Will DL cast members maybe have all the princesses autograph something for me to give to her or something of that nature? Any ideas from you all? This is a heartbreaking situation and her hospital room needs some brightening up. Thanks all!

stan4d_steph
05-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Having the Princesses sign a card for her sounds like a great idea. You could purchase one of the Princess autograph books at DL or even make one yourself. Maybe get photos of the princesses who are signing and then include those when you make prints.

tod
05-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I've been reading MP for about 3 or 4 years now, but just recently joined the boards. I'll be in DL with my family next week. Long story short, my good friend's 3 year old daughter is in intensive care with a serious heart condition. This was a huge surprise as my friend's family has been looking forward to their much anticipated trip to DL at the end of the month. I want to bring something special back for her daughter (a princess freak!), but not something they will get when they eventually have the chance to go, i.e., golden ears. Will DL cast members maybe have all the princesses autograph something for me to give to her or something of that nature? Any ideas from you all? This is a heartbreaking situation and her hospital room needs some brightening up. Thanks all!

I would suggest getting a poster signed so she can hang it on the wall. Package it with pictures of the princesses signing the poster and smiling/giving a thumbs-up/et cetera.

--t

socaltexan02
05-20-2005, 07:37 AM
All good ideas. I have a 3 yr. old daughter and anything Princess-y would be a huge hit. She also loves having me read card that people write to her. I think getting an oversided card and having as many as the princesses as you can to sign it would be great, that or a poster (but lugging a poster around DL might get tricky). Then how about some new Princess toy (one that can only be purchsed in the parks), game, book, or video...thinking something she can do while she recovers. Maybe a new Princess nightgown?

I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Wendi
05-20-2005, 07:45 AM
All good ideas. I have a 3 yr. old daughter and anything Princess-y would be a huge hit. She also loves having me read card that people write to her. I think getting an oversided card and having as many as the princesses as you can to sign it would be great, that or a poster (but lugging a poster around DL might get tricky). Then how about some new Princess toy (one that can only be purchsed in the parks), game, book, or video...thinking something she can do while she recovers. Maybe a new Princess nightgown?

I hope she has a speedy recovery!

I know you can get these at the Disney property hotels, but I also think you can just stop by City Hall for one... an autographed glossy photo of her favorite characters. They give them out with Birthday buttons and balloons at the hotels, but like I said, I'm pretty sure you can get them at City Hall too.

She might like some princess dress-up items that she can play with in the hospital, and maybe some fun games to play with her family. You might also look for craft items and/or coloring/sticker books, that type of thing... nice quiet activities that she can do in bed.

SCUBAbe
05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
I read somewhere that someone brought a white pillowcase to the park and had all the characters sign it with permanet marker. I thought that was a cool idea...:).....I would proabbly buy a pack of differwnt colored sharpie pens so it wouldn't look so black and white...they may have done that also...:)

uvsc_wolverine
05-20-2005, 08:53 AM
I think that the poster or autograph book would be a great idea. Maybe even have the princesses sign them with a "get well soon" type of message.

Disneyfun
05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
If this was me I would I say get her a princess t-shirt. Take A Permanet marker and have the Princess sign the shirt. I would also get he an autograph book that also you can put pictures in and a fancy Princess pen. When presenting the gift I would tell her the princesses wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to signing her book and getting their picutre take with her and her new shirt when she feels better.
Now she has something she can have now and something to look forward to later

snoopyfan
05-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks to you all for the great ideas!! I love them all! I knew you mousepadders would help me! :)

lisap
05-20-2005, 02:38 PM
At World of Disney they carry a line of princess nightgowns that are pretty and silky and frou-frou. I think they have Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Jasmine. My daughter wore hers until it fell apart. It might be nice for her to have something comfortable and princessy to wear while she is recovering.

Disneyfun
05-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks to you all for the great ideas!! I love them all! I knew you mousepadders would help me! :)
YOu will Hav eto let us know wht you decide and how she likes it!~

Disney Acrobat
05-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Solicitation removed. For relevant MousePad policy, please go here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8334)