PDA

View Full Version : No Dole Whip for me

Pages : [1] 2

LilysMom2003
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
We went to Disneyland yesterday and ALL I wanted was to try a Dole Whip. After reading so much about it I was dying to try one. We headed over there for a mid-afternoon treat. It was warm yesterday and I was dying for a cold drink. Well, the machine was broken. No Dole Whip for me. I was devastated. Guess I'll have to wait until our next trip in December. Oh well.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
NOOOOO! That is truly tragic. I'm sorry! :( That nearly happened to me on Mom's day with the monte cristo, but, the Blue Bayou made me one to go since we didn't have a reservation that day. December will be here before you know it and you will get that Dole whip! :)

socaltexan02
05-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Stand closed again today! :mad:

disneyperson
05-19-2005, 05:14 PM
arrgghhhhh!

SoCalDisneyLover
05-19-2005, 05:49 PM
They can run a multi million $$ amusement park, but they can't fix a few hundred $ juice machine?

DisneyDustin22
05-19-2005, 06:53 PM
was there on sunday and the machine broke while in line. then later right before the second fantasmic they got it working enough to get 1, thats right 1 dole whip out to us, then it broke again and they had to fix it. the poor lady had to deal with a line of irate people after us. i felt bad. but we got out whip! :D

Osky
05-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Actually, it was opened for a while last night. I got in line just after the parade, and barely got out in time for the fireworks. There weren't that many people in line, but both sides were open with only one employee. She would serve one side and then the other. She was very slow too. About 7 people in front of me in line took almost an hour.

Disney Vault
05-19-2005, 07:57 PM
:eek: This must be fixed. People can't be deprived of dole whips. :geek:

mcow1
05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I was there on Saturday, waited in line and when we got next to the front the person in front paid and was told it had to refreeze and it would take 5 or 10 minutes. We waited and after 10 minutes the person in front got theirs. We were next and after the wait were told they were out. They had only made one after the refreeze but they were out. Food service was terrible. It was my wifes B-day and she wanted Carnation for breakfast. It was closed, they said the computers were down, give it an hour 4 hours later, still closed.

Tutter
05-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I've been going nearly everyday for the past week and haven't managed to try one yet, I don't even know what one looks like :crying: ;) I am sooo deprived in this life :p

Crazy4DL
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I've been going nearly everyday for the past week and haven't managed to try one yet, I don't even know what one looks like :crying: ;) I am sooo deprived in this life :p

Tutter, hope you are having a great time otherwise! :)

Tutter
05-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Tutter, hope you are having a great time otherwise! :)

I most certainly am - I don't know how many times I have seen the fireworks now - but they just seem to get better and better - and I came here very very white and now don't stand out so much thanks to the fantastic weather.

Crazy4DL
05-19-2005, 09:53 PM
I most certainly am - I don't know how many times I have seen the fireworks now - but they just seem to get better and better - and I came here very very white and now don't stand out so much thanks to the fantastic weather.

great news! I am so excited to get down there in August! seems like forever but actually the time will fly. How many more days do you have in the United States?

Hope you continue your wonderful time. :)

Disney Vault
05-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Oh man I want a tan. Prom is coming up and a lot of people seem to be going tanning at those places but I don't like doing it that way. It is natural or not at all for me. Put I get to go to AZ in a week so I will get some sun them.

Back on topic- I know they sell dole whips at the MK in WDW but what about tokyo DL or DL Paris?

Tutter
05-19-2005, 10:45 PM
No Dole whips at Disneyland Paris.

Crazy, I am here until 28th May. (Then I return in August - yaaaaay)

SoCalDisneyLover
05-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Tutter, I'm going to Disneyland Paris next month. Any tips?

Crazy4DL
05-20-2005, 06:29 AM

Crazy, I am here until 28th May. (Then I return in August - yaaaaay)

You get to come back in August all the way from Scotland!? wow! I will be there in August too, with my family, I can hardly wait! :)

Christiii
05-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I know Im in the minority, but I just dont get the Dole Whip craze??! Now, Im as big a Disney geek as they get, and I worship all things Disneyland..but Id never tried a dole whip till the last Mouse Adventure...and it just tasted like pineapple sherbet to me...huh..
but there are tons of food I cant live without at Disneyland, the pickles, bengle barbque asparagus, chili cheese dogs at Award Weiners, a corn dog..okay..now Im hungry!!! :p

stan4d_steph
05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
I know Im in the minority, but I just dont get the Dole Whip craze?... but there are tons of food I cant live without at Disneyland, the pickles, bengle barbque asparagus, chili cheese dogs at Award Weiners, a corn dog..okay..now Im hungry!!! :pI don't get the corn dog thing. It's just a hotdog with greasy corn batter on it. You can get them anywhere. To each his/her own.

Sorry you weren't able to get a Dole Whip Lilysmom. I know having a Dole Whip while watching the Tiki Room Garden Show is one of my favorite DL experiences. :)

splash
05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
We had the same problem on last Friday - machine was not freezing, we got a Dole whip, but it was really soft and didn't taste as good. They would do a couple and then have to wait. We went again on Monday and it was working, but there was a repairman looking at it.

Crazy4DL
05-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Someone please have the Dole Whip machine fixed and up and running by August so I can try one. Like I always say, it is all about me! :D ;)

(I am kidding, in case someone doesn't see the ;) )

Tutter
05-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Tutter, I'm going to Disneyland Paris next month. Any tips?

Yes - be prepared for a horrible, jerky neck hurting ride on Indiana Jones (which is a mini rollercoaster ride, nothing like the Anaheim one). Worth trying once of course as it does go upside down. But then so does Space mountain - many times as well as corkscrews etc and it is smooth.

Anyway - on topic - I am determined to try a Dole Whip in the next week. I really have no idea what to expect from it.

GrumpyUTboi
05-20-2005, 08:58 AM
None for me either, sugar would kill me!

Pat-n-Eil
05-20-2005, 09:19 AM
I tried one last time because I like softserve ice cream and I also like pineapple flavor.. but I didn't really enjoy the Dole whip all that much..

I must have strange taste buds...

socaltexan02
05-20-2005, 09:53 AM
I just know after all the hype that I might be let down, when/if I ever get my hands on one (two failed attempts this week). But now it's become a QUEST.