PDA

View Full Version : Can you smell that smell?

justagrrl
01-25-2002, 06:31 AM
I've noticed the last few times while walking from the parking lot near ESPN Zone to the monorail entrance (yes, we go for a few hours after work and park in DTD) that there was a bad smell that's right as you walk around the corner - sort of inbetween espn and rainforest. Almost smells like something is rotting?

I noticed it a week or so ago and wondered about it - but didn't give it a second thought until we went again last night and it was still there. My 7 year old was the first to speak up and say "ewwwww - what IS that".

I guess if it's still stinky next time, I should mention it to someone.

I wonder if some of that water is getting stagnent or something - over by the bushes maybe there's not any circulation.

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2002, 09:58 AM
That's because the Rainforest Cafe puts their trash near the monorail station and the wind probably was blowing the smell that way.

Gemini Cricket
01-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Here's a little DisneyLad trivia (about DisneyLad):
I don't have a sense of smell. I have four senses. If I was psychic, I'd have five senses.:D

When we were at DD last, I heard someone saying that trash smells were a problem there, but only because it was a relatively new area and would be taken care of in time.:)

justagrrl
01-25-2002, 12:29 PM
This was more of a smell between Rainforest and ESPN - right as you turn the corner.

Not really over by monorail.

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2002, 01:12 PM
When we were at DD last, I heard someone saying that trash smells were a problem there, but only because it was a relatively new area and would be taken care of in time.:) [/B]

Then can you tell me why they haven't fixed that problem in Disneyland yet?? Has anyone else smelled the trash in Disneyland?? I'm not saying it's there all the time. But sometimes.... EEEEWWWWW!!

mousey_girl
01-25-2002, 04:36 PM
I didn't notice an odor in DTD, however, I did find a really bad smell while waiting for the boys to get off of the Treehouse. It is behind the entrance, near the stairs to the Gallery. I noticed it last year, and it was still there this year. It is a bad, sewage type smell. There is some sort of small drainage gate there and it is reallllllly bad. This is a real shame, since that is in the only area near Tarzan that you can sit down on a busy day.

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Well the trash has to go somewhere. They have that problem at MK in WDW right by pirates I think. Its a place where some of the trash goes. At least they put it somewhere where a major portion of the guests won't be. Could you imagine if they did it right at the enterence to Disneyland?:eek:

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2002, 09:42 PM
[i]Originally posted by Nigel2 Could you imagine if they did it right at the enterence to Disneyland?:eek: [/B]

Cough! Cough! * Clears throat* I have smelled it at the entrance. And THAT smell was not trash. More like sewer! EEEWWW!

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Hmmmm... intersting. Since I have been there many times odds are it could have been work on some pipes or something and the wind was carrying to the gates.

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2002, 11:09 PM
You may be right Nigel2. Cause I have not smelled it lately. Just a few times I have went.

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Especially if it was during construction either in front or backstage and they had to do something to the sewage line whew...:D

Not Afraid
01-25-2002, 11:35 PM
There are two smells that I find disturbing at DLR. One is the sewer/trash stink behind DTD that I have smelled several times from the parking structure walkway. The second is the burnt coffee smell the permiates the entire entrance area (including, sometimes, the shops) of DCA.

The other smell that I dislike comes, on occasion, from by beloved Swans - but that's just nature taking its course and is a forgivable offense.

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Hmmmm I wonder what happens when you feed the swans pop rocks...:D Nah that would be cruel and unusual use of fruity candy.:D

justagrrl
01-26-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The second is the burnt coffee smell the permiates the entire entrance area (including, sometimes, the shops) of DCA.

We always thought that was a burnt popcorn smell. This has been on a Sunday morning when they first open and *phew* - I thought it was just like that smell when you burn popcorn in the microwave. :)

Not Afraid
01-26-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Hmmmm I wonder what happens when you feed the swans pop rocks...:D Nah that would be cruel and unusual use of fruity candy.:D

Don't you even THINK about doing something like that to MY swans. They are sacred.

Not Afraid
01-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl

We always thought that was a burnt popcorn smell. This has been on a Sunday morning when they first open and *phew* - I thought it was just like that smell when you burn popcorn in the microwave. :)

I would've gone for that explaination except that I was drinking a Mocha and could "taste" the same smell. Its the coffee.

justagrrl
01-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

I would've gone for that explaination except that I was drinking a Mocha and could "taste" the same smell. Its the coffee.

Ick. Guess I won't be getting coffee then on Sunday morning.

Kevin Yee
01-26-2002, 10:38 AM
That DtD odor between Rainforest and ESPN is definitely sulphurous, meaning it's either very stagnant water indeed, or it's grey water. My vote is the latter: it's a sewer.

If memory serves, there's a storm drain right behind the valet parking booth, and I think this is where it's coming from. The odor is really quite bad sometimes; it ranks as the most rank smell at the Resort for my money.

Nigel2
01-26-2002, 09:50 PM
I heard a person on the boards say that the coffee smell at the Zeypher in front is supposed to be there... how odd.

justagrrl
01-27-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
That DtD odor between Rainforest and ESPN is definitely sulphurous, meaning it's either very stagnant water indeed, or it's grey water.

If you look at the corner area of Rainforest, you'll see what I think is the problem. The water. Looks icky. Actually has a scum on top of it if you view it from an angle.

And now that I've said that - I'll add that it didn't smell when we were there on Friday night - so I dunno.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
01-29-2002, 10:49 PM
OK the smell by Rainforest is pretty bad but it's local to that specific area - However every single time I walk into DCA - there's that horrible burnt something smell.

It could be burnt popcorn or coffee or whatever. But why? What are they doing there daily to create that?

It's always there too!!! In between the tile mural

Always!