PDA

View Full Version : Which AP?????

MonorailMan
01-24-2002, 09:55 PM
Ok, I'm going to get my AP soon (Like 6 Months)

And was wondering, which one I should get?

The Premimum to too pricey, but I'm torn between Deluxe and SC, which one do you have?

EDIT: BTW, I'm prob. gonna get the deluxe because July isn't blocked out.

Nigel2
01-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Well you should think it out before ruling out premium if you are going all the time.

Rallymonkey23
01-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Personally, I bought my annual pass in November and I bought the SC one. The way I look at it. I can always upgrade in the Spring or Summer if I think I'm going to go more.

Morrigoon
01-24-2002, 11:15 PM
If you're going to get your money's worth out of the pass (ie: going at least 6 times), you're better off getting the premium, seriously. Remember that the other passes, first off, do not include parking. I don't know exactly what the prices are right now, so don't flame me if I'm off by a few bucks but here's the math on that:
Socal- $89 + $36 parking = $125
Deluxe- $129 + $36 parking = $165
Premium- $199

If you're looking at the deluxe pass, you should really consider the premium - for a difference of $34 (less than the cost of going on *1* blockout day!) you get every day of the year instead of the 30+ blockout days (it's probably more than 30 now).

Now add to that the discounts on sit-down restaurants, which you're bound to visit during the year (10% off places like Hook's, etc, and 15% off Blue Bayou)

Nigel2
01-24-2002, 11:34 PM
Lets see what does a subsription to disney mag cost as well?:D

bluepearl
01-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Ditto on Morrigoon's post. I love my premium AP!

I switched over to the premium in late November and I haven't received one Disney magazine. I'm not complaining or anything, but I was wondering if anyone else had that happen to them?

Nigel2
01-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Hmmm I don't think so. It isn't a monthly publicaion I beleive so you were probably out for the current issue.

coronamouseman
01-25-2002, 05:26 AM
Seems like which AP you buy should be simply a matter of when you want to go to the parks - if you want to (and can) go to the parks on weekdays, why pay the extra money for the extra days offered for the Deluxe or Premium?

If you can only get to the parks on weekends or during vacation periods, then by the Deluxe or Premium ........

If money is really no object, then buy the Premium ($199 isn't that much for a whole year of entertainment). Heck, my Mighty Ducks season tickets (yes, I'm one of those crazy people) cost around $2000 a year and provide a lot less entertainment value (particularly this year!) than my $149 (now being renewed for $99) SoCal Disney pass.

justagrrl
01-25-2002, 06:38 AM
We went for the $99 So Cal pass and added parking. We live very close and go - honestly - several times a week. For sure on Sundays and probably on Friday evening - and then maybe an evening after work. We especially like going Sunday morning when they first open.

Anyway - it's come to the point where I can't bear to stand in a long line. After walking on to the "big rides" and then, on other days, seeing a line for an hour, there is just no way I can do it. It's no longer fun. While many have talked about having fun in line, my kids see it as a chance for a whine-fest. (ack!) Once the place gets too crowded, we generally leave...or so see a show first and then leave.

So, for us to buy the upgraded passes seems like a bad idea. I figure that the block out days are the busiest ones in the park - and I really don't want to be there when there is that many people.

MonorailMan
01-25-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
If you're going to get your money's worth out of the pass (ie: going at least 6 times), you're better off getting the premium, seriously. Remember that the other passes, first off, do not include parking. I don't know exactly what the prices are right now, so don't flame me if I'm off by a few bucks but here's the math on that:
Socal- $89 + $36 parking = $125
Deluxe- $129 + $36 parking = $165
Premium- $199

If you're looking at the deluxe pass, you should really consider the premium - for a difference of $34 (less than the cost of going on *1* blockout day!) you get every day of the year instead of the 30+ blockout days (it's probably more than 30 now).

Now add to that the discounts on sit-down restaurants, which you're bound to visit during the year (10% off places like Hook's, etc, and 15% off Blue Bayou)

Never thought about parking, so I will prob. get Premium.

socabch
01-25-2002, 07:38 AM
My family and bought the deluxe last year. They have gone up to $149.00 this year. It all depends on when you like to go. I don't like going on Saturdays during Spring & Summer because of the crowds. So the Deluxe works for me. The discounts aren't as good as Premium.

Deluxe: 149 plus 35 parking
Some discounts, No saturdays From March to Sept, no Thanksgiving break or X-mas break and a few other 3 day weekends.

Premium: 199 free parking
More discounts. No block outs.

Because I have 2 kids the deluxe is better. We eat at the places that other deluxe discounts. I only need parking on one pass. And I avoid the big crowds.

For 3 x 199=597
For 3 x 149=447 plus 35= 482

It's more than 100 difference for us.
If you can swing the 199 and have no kids plus you plan on going during the busiest days. I would say go for it. If I could afford it for all three of us I would. More freedom to eat with a discount and discounts on purchases.

EandCDad
01-25-2002, 08:21 AM
The following is a post, I posted a few months back when someone else asked a similar question. It pretty much sums up my feelings:

"Jake, you are pretty much on the money with the details. A Delux Pass is $149. If you need parking and go more than five times a year, you should get the parking pass, so that would raise the Delux to $184. The Premium is $199. Total price difference is $15.

Now, some might say "what's $15, a mere pittance, get the Premium." Its really up to you. What else could you do with that $15? Would you just buy a CD? Would you save it for college? Buy a present for your girl? Feed a poor family for the holidays? Give it to the NYC Relief effort. These are the things you need to weigh when you decide. Ask yourself these questions.

1. Is it important that I have the ability to go any day I want to?
2. Will I be buying food, beverages, and souviners in the parks?
3. Is the ability to go every day more important than what I might do with $15.

If you answer yes to 2 of the above questions, then I would get the Premium pass. If it is no, then I wouldn't."

Morrigoon
01-25-2002, 06:47 PM
If you bought one dinner for 4 at the Blue Bayou, you'd save enough to make that $15 difference. Don't forget the discount on merchandise special events. The discount is usually $10 or more IF you have a premium pass.

Ace
01-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I'm getting the premium. YOu don't have to worry about blackout days, you get special stuff, and it's not that much more. Plus parking is free.

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 10:01 PM
Oh and you live in Apple Valley, what will gas cost you? (if you are going to go alot).

MonorailMan
01-26-2002, 06:46 AM
Let's See At 88 Miles, Our Little Truck gets 25 per gallon, that's about 3 1/2 gallons, at 1.19 a gallon, thats about $4.16 per trip!
That's 2/3 of an hour of work.

So Lets Say I go 2 times per month, thats $8.32 a month, thats $99.84 for a year, plus the Premium AP,

Thats About $300 a year, for all that fun, It's worth it!

Forgot, mom says I need to get the truck Tuned Up, and get a new Timing Chain, before I can take it to DL.
Ok, I'll figure that about $200, so $500 for my first year at DL!

MammaSilva
01-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Let's See At 88 Miles, Our Little Truck gets 25 per gallon, that's about 3 1/2 gallons, at 1.19 a gallon, thats about $4.16 per trip!
That's 2/3 of an hour of work.

So Lets Say I go 2 times per month, thats $8.32 a month, thats $99.84 for a year, plus the Premium AP,

Thats About $300 a year, for all that fun, It's worth it!

Forgot, mom says I need to get the truck Tuned Up, and get a new Timing Chain, before I can take it to DL.
Ok, I'll figure that about $200, so $500 for my first year at DL!

MonorailMan...I don't want to burst your bubble but unless you and your dad or a friend with serious mechanical skills plan to replace the timing chain you need to 'rethink' your estimate on the repair costs.....if you have to take it to a shop I suggest you call around for some estimates..you are going to be surprised at the prices ...... but hey I would still go for the premium if you were going to to more than 2x a month on the weekends

MonorailMan
01-26-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva

MonorailMan...I don't want to burst your bubble but unless you and your dad or a friend with serious mechanical skills plan to replace the timing chain you need to 'rethink' your estimate on the repair costs.....if you have to take it to a shop I suggest you call around for some estimates..you are going to be surprised at the prices ...... but hey I would still go for the premium if you were going to to more than 2x a month on the weekends

Ah, but Mom And Dad are chipping in 1/2, becuse they use the car too.

Nigel2
01-26-2002, 10:05 PM
Well if you were going alot more then I would say chalk on another 20-30 cents per gallon if gas decides to jump all of a sudden (hey its always better to overestamte your personal costs then if you do spend under you have some more money.:) )

Ace
01-27-2002, 10:19 AM
You also forgot to add the cost of breakfast that morning. Plus clothes, shoes, and some dangling dice for the car.

MonorailMan
01-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
You also forgot to add the cost of breakfast that morning. Plus clothes, shoes, and some dangling dice for the car.

1) Mom Makes Breakfast :)
2) Mom Pays For That Too :)
3) Allready Have :)

Rallymonkey23
01-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

1) Mom Makes Breakfast :)
2) Mom Pays For That Too :)
3) Allready Have :)

Must be nice. LOL

MonorailMan
01-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

Must be nice. LOL

Better enjoy it while I can, only less than 2 more years of it :)