PDA

View Full Version : DLH v. Candy Cane

DangerMouse
05-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Need some expert opinions here. . .

Taking my dd for her 8th birthday. We are flying from PHX and just staying one night. I have already reserved the Candy Cane at a rate of $87. If I can get the DLH for $149, should I do it?

Pro's for Candy Cane are free breakfast and shuttle.

Pro's for DLH are ambiance, proximity and pool (however, I don't know how much we'll use the pool since we're only there one night).

I'm just wondering if the DLH is worth the extra 60 bucks or so. Whatdoyathink?

bradk
05-19-2005, 10:19 AM
i'm not sure proximity is a big argument over CCI. i would probably go with DLH anyway, especially since it's for one night. she's worth the $60 more I'm sure.

one big plus is depending on your schedule, DLH is right next to DTD.

ima_mickeyfan
05-19-2005, 10:58 AM
if it's for her birthday and only 1 night I would go for the DLH, make the most of the fun day for her!

Arnie
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
If its only 1 night how much time are you actually going to be spending at the Hotel. I'd go for the Candy Cane and spend the extra 60 on something nice in the park, Princess Breakfast or the Birthday party thing at the Plaza.

biolabetty
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
I've stayed at both, and I'd pick the DLH because of room size. We had a premium room at CCI and it felt small. The room at DLH was much larger, and we liked the proximity to DTD. The breakfast wasn't that impressive to us at CCI, I'd rather eat at the bakery going into DL. We didn't use the pools, but the one at DLH looks really fun, not your typical pool. The only problem we had at the DLH was the noise from people passing by on the sidewalk below. We were on the 5th floor, but it sounded like the people were right outside our room. CCI was quiet (except for when the newspaper was delivered early in the morning by throwing it against our door, that was a real waker-upper).

Either one is nice, it just depends on what you are looking for.

THpoohbear
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I just got a rate on expedia for DLH for 129, and I saw that rate was also available on the official disney website if you go through the whole process of checking availability. I had to wait just two weeks before my trip through before the rate droped. :p For me, it was between that and the Coast Anaheim, and I for one am SOOO excited to try out the DLH!! I say go for it! :D

DangerMouse
05-19-2005, 08:12 PM
I just got a rate on expedia for DLH for 129, and I saw that rate was also available on the official disney website if you go through the whole process of checking availability. I had to wait just two weeks before my trip through before the rate droped. :p For me, it was between that and the Coast Anaheim, and I for one am SOOO excited to try out the DLH!! I say go for it! :D

Wow THpoohbear, how did you get that rate? I have been checking both Expedia and the DL website. The lowest I have seen on Expedia for a mid-week stay is $149, and that's about 10 days in advance. If I go over 10 days, I get quoted $265. I just tried the DL website, and was quoted $305 for the Wed. night we plan to stay. Pffft!

I'm sticking with the Candy Cane for now. I just can't justify the extra money for some pixie dust on the ceiling.

Mark Mywords
05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro's for DLH are ambiance, proximity and pool (however, I don't know how much we'll use the pool since we're only there one night).

I'd say go for the DLH. I've stayed at other Resort area hotels, some of them very nice, but the Disneyland Hotel just has a great "Vibe" to it that the others don't have. It's sort of like a less intense version of the same vibe I get in the park. The happy sense of being surrounded by people who are all having a fun time. I can't really explain it very well...

BTW, check out the pool if you can!

PirateSmile
05-19-2005, 11:24 PM
If it is a special one day thing, I'd splurge and go with DLH. Otherwise I'd go with the Candy Cane, just because it's cute, comfy and cheap.