PDA

View Full Version : Update: 50th tour gifts

Pages : [1] 2 3

Niwel
05-19-2005, 09:51 AM
I just called Disneyland guest relations, who sent me to communications and then I think I was talking to someone at City Hall. Anyway... the items those who have taken the tour were supposed to get have still not arrived yet at Disneyland. I was told it will be another two weeks until they get them, and then they will send it out -- so figure three weeks until we get our booklets and pins.

ETA: I was in the second tour group on May 5th....

CrazyTrain
05-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Thank you for checking on them! :)

Christiii
05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
well thats good to know!! thanks girl!!

Tinker Bell
05-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Sad :(

mmurray54
05-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happend to them.

olegc
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
OK - so it's been another two weeks (from Niwel's 1st post) - anyone receive their gifts? No sighting at Pirate's Cove South in Irvine...

bradk
06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
all i can offer is when i took the tour on 5/22, there was nothing to be had

Niwel
06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm calling again right now... :)

Niwel
06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm calling again right now... :)

ETA: I called tour realtions first. Guy said he had no idea, but that I could call park info (which was busy). I asked if there was a number for City Hall -- he said he didn't have it. So I found it on my own. I called and they said it still hasn't been shipped out from the distributor and they don't know when it will be. I think if they don't get the gifts soon they need to lower the price or refund people's money....

arpinl
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I took the 50th tour on 5/24 and again on 5/27. On both occasions, I was asked to write down my address, so they could mail the tour gifts; I wasn't told when to expect them. On my second tour, when my guide was explaining what we would be sent, he also mentioned a "surprise" around "Christmas time" to "keep the magic going." Maybe just a nice card/postcard. Or maybe he was mistaken, and there'll be nothing. :rolleyes:

KarenW2
06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
My hubby and I have been waiting to take this tour, until those who took the first tour get what they were supposed to have received. I see no reason to give them more money at this point and only be disappointed when we get there, to find we won't be receiving our gifts right then and there!

They obviously knew there was going to be a tour, what they'd be giving out and when the first tour date would be, so I don't understand why they didn't have ANY of these things in hand, before they offerred the tours, or gave you an option of getting a partial refund on your tour price.

Did they tell you ahead of time, before you paid for your tour, that you would not be receiving all that they promised with the tour?

olegc
06-03-2005, 02:22 PM
ETA: I called tour realtions first. Guy said he had no idea, but that I could call park info (which was busy). I asked if there was a number for City Hall -- he said he didn't have it. So I found it on my own. I called and they said it still hasn't been shipped out from the distributor and they don't know when it will be. I think if they don't get the gifts soon they need to lower the price or refund people's money....

Hmmm - I smell an investigative question set coming on.... yes? yes? what is the real scoop on this.. If it goes down the tubes it will be another sign that hype and execution on the grand scale so far has escaped CM Matt and others... yeah, all the rides are in working order and the paint is great - but you can't eat paint and you can't take home a Matterhorn sled in your gift bag.

mystycalchyk
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Hmm I dunno, the tour was fun and I enjoyed it greatly. The goodies are a bonus and it will be fun to get them as an 'out of the blue' surprise from Disneyland when I'm needing a Disney fix 'cause I cant get there. :D
The main thing I was looking forward to (as far as the goodies go) was the pin that is, according to rumor, of Walt's window in the fire house (that supposedly lights up).

cstephens
06-03-2005, 03:23 PM
The main thing I was looking forward to (as far as the goodies go) was the pin that is, according to rumor, of Walt's window in the fire house (that supposedly lights up).

Our tour guide's helper told us that the pin was of the lamp in walt's apartment, and yes, that it lights up.

mystycalchyk
06-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Our tour guide's helper told us that the pin was of the lamp in walt's apartment, and yes, that it lights up.
Thats it, I knew it was something like that :)

bradk
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
yeah, seriously, if i never got the pin and ticketbook, i would have been happy. it's not like either of those things are worth $55 anyway.

i personally did the tour for the additional information, hop-on access to the rides in mid-afternoon and the reserved seating for the parade. it might be a bit overpriced in my opinion to begin with (i mean, can't they even just charge $50 considering it's a 50th anniversary tour?), but a little pin and souvenir booklet aren't the make-or-break point for me. in fact, i'll probably just try to hock them on ebay and get some of my tour money back.

anyway, the guide did make mention of the missing bonuses and explained that's why we filled out forms in the guided tour building before the tour and in fact did mention the light-up pin, but wouldn't give any details on the ticketbook other than it was something else and a surprise. i wasn't sure how to take that. if she was just trying to be coy, or if they're advised not to say anything about it for fear they won't come through with it

AVP
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
They obviously knew there was going to be a tour, what they'd be giving out and when the first tour date would be, so I don't understand why they didn't have ANY of these things in hand, before they offerred the tours, or gave you an option of getting a partial refund on your tour price. *IF* I am correct, the ticket book was ready well before the tours, but was sent to the media center and given to the press during the kick off event. I remember seeing stacks of something that looked like a giant ticket book, and wondering if it was THE ticket book I had heard was going to be a tour gift.

They ran out of them before I even got to see one, so I don't know for sure if that's what it was, but I have a sneaking suspicion that's what happened to them.

AVP

Christiii
06-06-2005, 08:45 AM
I just wish they would have given us some kind of a timeline, or just not mentioned the gifts at all....I really just thought things would be sent in a week or so...this seems like such bad planning to be THIS late in sending them... :rolleyes: I would have done the tour without the gifts, so they should just offer them AFTER they arrive...and just give something else from the park to the people taking the tour now....come on Disneyland..you are smarter than this!!

cstephens
06-06-2005, 08:54 AM
We stopped in at the guided tour building on Sunday, and I asked about the booklet and pin. CM said they didn't have an exact time, but it would be "soon". There's your official non-answer...

olegc
06-06-2005, 08:56 AM
We stopped in at the guided tour building on Sunday, and I asked about the booklet and pin. CM said they didn't have an exact time, but it would be "soon". There's your official non-answer...

Quite frankly - I think most of those folks in the tour and guest relations buildings are bucking for Government Spokeman jobs myself...

you can only provide the same answer for so long before everyone knows you're blowing smoke - but like the baseball strikes if the fans keep coming then so what - you can do whatever you want.... :mad:

mystycalchyk
06-06-2005, 09:01 AM
*IF* I am correct, the ticket book was ready well before the tours, but was sent to the media center and given to the press during the kick off event. I remember seeing stacks of something that looked like a giant ticket book, and wondering if it was THE ticket book I had heard was going to be a tour gift.

They ran out of them before I even got to see one, so I don't know for sure if that's what it was, but I have a sneaking suspicion that's what happened to them.

AVP

Thats kind of what I had figured as well

which doesnt surprise me after the way they were given so much preferential treatment anyway and we the pee ons were treated as ...well pee ons

:D

bradk
06-06-2005, 09:01 AM
which answer will bring you more comfort though.. 'soon' or 'we have no idea'?

honesty is not always the best policy

Christiii
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
I just dont know why they ever offered or mentioned them, if they were this far out from having them in hand....I would think they just could have given us some 50th pin or something, no one would have known the difference... :rolleyes:

cstephens
06-06-2005, 09:32 AM
which answer will bring you more comfort though.. 'soon' or 'we have no idea'?

I'm thinking that in this case, they mean pretty much the same thing...

olegc
06-06-2005, 09:38 AM
I just dont know why they ever offered or mentioned them, if they were this far out from having them in hand....I would think they just could have given us some 50th pin or something, no one would have known the difference... :rolleyes:

That's called "sales 101" offer something great and if you have problems on the back end don't tell anyone since it will hurt sales. Once the $$ is in - not much else can go on and you count on the fact that folks won't be angry and demand refunds en masse....