PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Employment

TGlidewell
05-19-2005, 08:12 AM
I am nearing retirement age and have always wanted to work at Disneyland. How are they to work for? I have talked with several older people there and they have told me that it is a lot of fun.

For me money is not the issue but it would be nice to have as a supplemental income.

DCAWhites
05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Yeah it really is a fun job. I personally look foward to it each day and sometimes days off can be a drag. Its a great job to stay active during retirement, too.

SilverStyle
05-19-2005, 10:08 AM
It is fun to work for disney. We have some old timers, and they seem to enjoy it a lot. It all depends what dept you want to work in.

paulca
05-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Its fun working there!! I work at DCA in night custodial - a number of older people work there I have to include myself now when talking about older people!! I enjoy it very much great benefits - mangate pass - good friends - by the way they are looking for good people to work in this department.

Pat-n-Eil
05-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Its fun working there!! I work at DCA in night custodial - a number of older people work there I have to include myself now when talking about older people!! I enjoy it very much great benefits - mangate pass - good friends - by the way they are looking for good people to work in this department.

What is a mangate pass ?

E-ORLover
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
What is a mangate pass ?

Main gate pass allows employees to sign people into the park. I'm sure the rules behind it have changed since I worked there in 97. At that time you could only sign in 3 people per day and 12 people a quarter. Has this changed?

SilverStyle
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Main gate pass allows employees to sign people into the park. I'm sure the rules behind it have changed since I worked there in 97. At that time you could only sign in 3 people per day and 12 people a quarter. Has this changed?

Yep, its all based your dependents. There are different main gate passes. The regular one u can sign 3 people. Then there is the Silver and Gold, which are higher managment ones.

Terri
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
My mom worked there for 10 years - until she was 83. SHE LOVED IT! Money wasn't an issue with her. She worked at the babycenter/lost children. What she got out of it was so worth it for her. She made friends, met celebrities, and got to go to the happiest place on earth everyday! The only reason she left Disneyland was because she broke her hip and never recovered from it.

Honestly, the job was one of the best things to have ever happened to her. It kept her young at heart and she was the happiest I'd seen her in years. It is something I would strongly suggest looking into.

Enjoy!

Space Mountain Mike
05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
A friend of mine had a job as an engineer during the day and played trumped in his high school marching band. He was talking about getting a job at night and/or the weekends playing with one of the bands on Main St. So, he didn't even need the extra money he just wanted to do it for kicks.