PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars weekends?

lauras5boys
05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I just got my newsletter and it mentioned something about Star Wars weekends at Disneyland. What is this? Is it something kids will enjoy or just major Star Wars fans? My oldest is turning 5 next Thursday and we always give the kids their own special day as part of their birthday present. WE were going to take him to DL without his brothers so he could ride all the big kid rides that we normally have to skip but if the Star Wars thing is appropriate fir him we might include something from that as well. Anyone know any specifics about it?

bradk
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
FWIW, I've heard of nothing going on at DLR. WDW definitely is having Star Wars weekends. all throughout may.

Disneyfun
05-18-2005, 05:59 PM
FWIW, I've heard of nothing going on at DLR. WDW definitely is having Star Wars weekends. all throughout may.
sure once again DLR misses out!

bradk
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
oh, and as far as what it's about, there are meet & greets taking place at star tours (at WDW) featuring members of the cast, real and fictional, and I think some behind the scenes people too. i saw a schedule somewhere, i'm sure there's one posted in the WDW forum.

although i'm not a star wars fan, it would be a cool experience, so i hope i'm wrong on this one, but unfortunately, i don't think i am.

hlbtimes2
05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I wish they had these as DL. My husband is a huge star wars fan ( been standing in a move line for the last 8 hours, with 3 1/2 left to go). He keeps talking about these star war week ends in WDW and how much he wants to go. But, WA is a very long way from there!

sediment
05-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I wish they had these as DL. My husband is a huge star wars fan ( been standing in a move line for the last 8 hours, with 3 1/2 left to go). He keeps talking about these star war week ends in WDW and how much he wants to go. But, WA is a very long way from there!
Only a few extra hours on a plane.
Is it worth being outed as a StarWars uber-fan, though?
Not really worth it for DL to do these. Locals come regardless, due to the uber-popularity of the AP program. DLR gets to promote up-coming ABC season and the Daytime Soaps and ESPN's X-Games.

celinas mommy
05-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry if I did this wrong.... Below you will find a post on this board about a “Unofficial” Star Wars day at Disneyland... I did a search for STAR WARS and this is how I found it.. Hope it helps...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received from: James Howlett

OCSWS “Unofficial” Star Wars day at Disneyland

Anaheim, CA, June 25, 2005 – The Orange County Star Wars Society will be holding the very first annual Star Wars fan day at Disneyland. All Star Wars fans and their families are invited.

We will be having a group photo taken at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle at 3:00 p.m. Commemorative t-shirts will be available, all profits from shirt sales with be donated to the American Cancer Society. For more information please visit www.disneylandstarwars.com. Anyone who loves Star Wars and Disneyland are encouraged to attend. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Spread the word!icial" Star Wars day...

lauras5boys
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I need to learn to read. It did say Disney World but was thrown in between other Disneyland stuff so I got it mixed up. Thanks.

Disneyfun
05-18-2005, 09:17 PM
The Orange County Star Wars Society will be holding the very first annual Star Wars fan day at Disneyland. All Star Wars fans and their families are invited.YEAH IT is at Disneyland!!!!!
So WHo is going?

Mark Mywords
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Man, we're arriving the day after. Jeez...we're missing the Shag event by a couple of days too.

Bummed...
:(

lauras5boys
05-18-2005, 09:46 PM
The one at Disneyland just seems to be a bunch of fans getting together. Is that right? The other one has soem of the actors and such if I'm reading this correctly and just looks like a much bigger deal. Is anything special happening at the Disneyland one (anything that would be concidered special to a 5 year old?)

bradk
05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
not according to the website, it's just a bunch of fans getting together for a mixer of sorts. a group photo. as it says above, it's completely unofficial.

Disneyfun
05-19-2005, 07:21 AM
The one at Disneyland just seems to be a bunch of fans getting together. Is that right? The other one has soem of the actors and such if I'm reading this correctly and just looks like a much bigger deal. Is anything special happening at the Disneyland one (anything that would be concidered special to a 5 year old?)
It ia all unoffical! just fans getting together.

mraw
05-19-2005, 08:28 AM
I want to start by saying that I am not into Star Wars at all. But, Star Wars Weekends is amazing. I must seen over 50 characters from the movies walking around. There were armies of warriors walking around, and you could just walk up to them and take pictures. They also have Jedi Mickey (he debuted last year), and you can take your picture with him. They also have stars from the movies available for photos and autographs. I didn't take any pictures of the characters then because I didn't have digital camera back then. Little did I know that the man in the Chewbacca costume last year would turn out to be one of my best friends! If you like Star Wars, try to make it out there!