PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Passholder Value?

GrimGrinninGhost
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
My haircutter(lol) called me today and wanted to know about passes what is the best value and what is the cost now including parking? ty for responding

Disneyfun
05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
My haircutter(lol) called me today and wanted to know about passes what is the best value and what is the cost now including parking? ty for responding
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/ticketListing?name=TicketListingPage&#apAnchor This will show you all of the prices with or with out parking. From there you can find info on the black out days . . .

Darkbeer
05-18-2005, 06:49 PM
FOr most people, the Deluxe is usually the best, a few blockout days, and parking is an add on for $49. The Premium is currently $120 more, and for many folks, the extra discounts don't make up for the difference... Most folks want to avoid the real busy days anyways...

The SoCal and SoCal Selects are a great deal, but most of the summer is blocked out.... So for the cost of 2 blockout passes, you can get a Deluxe instead....

Earkid
05-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Consider buying only one Premium pass per family.

DH has the Deluxe pass and I have the Premium. Since we always go in the off season the block out dates for the Deluxe are irrelevant to us. We save money getting him a Deluxe because we only need one parking pass and one card for all the park discounts between us. We take our niece a lot so we got her her first Deluxe pass a few weeks ago. :)

TimBuk2
05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
If they can afford the Premium, that's the way to go. With paid parking and a multitude of DLR discounts, it's a good one.

Also depends on how often they go, during the week or weekends. Many weekends are blocked out by other levels of APs.

jennia
05-18-2005, 09:44 PM
(quickly pulling out my geek hat which looks remarkably like Mickey ears)

Deluxe AP with parking is $258 for 320 days of admission to the park = $.80 per day

So Cal with Parking is $198 for 227 days of admission = $.87 per day

Premium (includes parking) is $329 for 365 days for a cost of $.90 per day.

So if my math is right and I didn't make any errors in copying :D and you need parking the Deluxe AP gives you the lowest cost per day for any of the AP options. That is of course all discounts aside simply comparing the cost per day of access to the park cost.

Darkbeer
05-18-2005, 11:09 PM
If they can afford the Premium, that's the way to go. With paid parking and a multitude of DLR discounts, it's a good one.

Also depends on how often they go, during the week or weekends. Many weekends are blocked out by other levels of APs.

You need to buy over $700 in Merchandise to make the discount pay for the Premium, after taking into consideration the "free" parking.

Remember that all AP's get some sort of Food Discounts, and ALL AP's get the same Downtown Disney and Hotel discounts.

As mentioned earlier, a family should look at getting one Premium (for the Parking and discounts), and the rest of the family getting lower priced AP's, based on the blockout dates....

Don't forget about the best way to play the system, and that is to get a Multi-Day ParkHopper that offers Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card, and then upgrade while in the park for that visit (usually the last day). The full price of the ParkHopper is credited towards an AP purchase, and you don't have to worry about Blockout days on that first visit....

rentayenta
05-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Don't forget about the best way to play the system, and that is to get a Multi-Day ParkHopper that offers Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card, and then upgrade while in the park for that visit (usually the last day). The full price of the ParkHopper is credited towards an AP purchase, and you don't have to worry about Blockout days on that first visit....

This is exactly what I am doing for the kids in July. I plan on getting them DAPs because we will be going again in December (if not sooner) :~D I am getting them 4 day hoppers because July 16 and 17 are blocked out on a DAP. This way I don't have to worry about forking over the extra cash above and beyond the upgrade.

SCUBAbe
05-19-2005, 06:00 AM
I have a deluxe...I used to have a premium pass, but I feel I never got he value out of that. We rarely eat at the places the 15% discount is applied. I don't buy a bunch of souviners when I go and I avoid busy days like the plaugue...so, for me, buying the premium pass was a mistake...I stick with the deluxe pass now..:)