PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have A Routine When You Goto DLR?

awinner
01-24-2002, 05:17 PM
I have a certain routine when I goto the parks....1st I goto the kennel to drop off my animal (thats the one in the avatar)...Then enter the gates...I have to no matter what enter on the right side...it feels weird to enter on the left...them whether I need to or not...I use the bathroom behind the bank...i jet through main st. as I will go back later in the day...in the good ol days...I would go straight to TL, but now its usually to AL or FL....do you have any routines?

coronamouseman
01-24-2002, 07:30 PM
Head directly for the "ride board" to assess:

(1) Park attendance - usually if waits for SPL MT or SP MT are 40+ minutes park will be busy meaning you Fastpass those and then ride other rides in that proximity

(2) Ride closures - never know when SPL MT or Pirates or Matterhorn or any other ride will be down (always check Refurb schedule before going to park to avoid scheduled maintenance of favorite attractions)

(3) Specific ride wait times - if someone really wants to go on one particular attraction, try to figure if its a now or later scenario

After that, pretty much a case of left or right to get going .........

coronamouseman
01-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Oh yeah - forgot DCA ..........

(1) Go only after have gone on everything we want to at DL

(2) Go only so far as necessary to see if CS is running (many times not!) - if not, go back to DL

(3) Only go to DCA first when feel need to ride Soarin (which isn't too often)

MammaSilva
01-24-2002, 07:52 PM
hmm routine....after we get thru the gates....go thru the left tunnel.....it felt weird when we had to go thru the right one when they were redoing the entry area....go to city hall, pick up SAP, use the pottys right next to city hall....stroll down Main street checking the windows at the Emporium, head to Matterhorn....if the Matterhorn is down for any reason then it's off to Indy...."if" we get to do Matterhorn then we go to Toon Town so we can see Mickey, we aren't really at DL until we have ridden Matterhorn and visited Mickey....we may or may not hang out and do the rides and play at toon town depending on the crowd levels....then we stroll back past Storybook Boats hanging a sharp right to enter into FL.....PP is a must, preferably after dark but daytime is ok, Mr. Toad, and Dumbo are also big "have toos!" the rest of the visit goes by 'whose turn is it to pick' except that the rule is the very very last ride of the trip is the matterhorn unless of course it is down then it has to be either Indy or BTRR....and then on the way out we stop at the flag pole for a brief moment to read the plaque and say a little 'goodbye' till next time :)

BELLEH5
01-24-2002, 08:51 PM
Lets see, I go through the ticket booths take about 5 maps to hang up at home. Run through either tunnel. Try not to look in the shops on Main St. and run towards Sleeping Beauty's Castle to take about 500 pix. Then head over to "It's a Small World". and to NOS and AL, then finally shop for about 3h hours, eat something fast ( hot and soda at Coke Corner ) and start all over again!

MonorailMan
01-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Well, on our last trip I ent to HMH first, but normailly I stroll down Main Street and jsut suck up, after that it's off to the Monorail, I think when I get my AP, I will start entering via the Monorail. :)
Then I go to space mountain.

beanpole
01-24-2002, 10:34 PM
I always make a beeline for the Blue Ribbon Bakery for a double mocha and a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin (or cinnamon roll). Next, it's straight ahead to Indy, followed by Splash. Immediately afterward, I run all the way to Space Mountain.

After that, anything goes.

Gemini Cricket
01-25-2002, 12:19 AM
Here's my routine:

1. Go to breakfast at McDonald's. Drink a lot of caffeine.

2. Get to the park before it opens.

3. Head to the front of the line after they open Main St.

4. Head for Indy.

5. Ride Splash after so you have the rest of the day to dry off.

6. Watch the Country Bears... oh wait. Never mind.

7. Go on Submarine Voyage... oh wait. Never mind.

8. Look at Mary Blair murals... oh wait. Never mind.

9. Ride Mission to Mars... oh wait. Never mind.

10. Sing along with America Sings... oh wait....

you get my point. Haha.

Seriously, after Splash it's a free for all. I ride whatever. I try to do most of the outdoor type rides during the day, and the indoor rides at night. I do ride BTM at night once more, because it's a whole new experience that way (and in the last seat looking backwards...)

Nigel2
01-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Its wierd, I have had an AP for years and I still don't have a set routine for each visit (outside of park and walk over there if it isn't too hot).

captain rex
01-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I generally go with a group of friends, so here's what we do:

First, we always try to buy tickets beforehand, either from the Disney Stores in SoCal, or, when I was younger and in a military family, from the Recreation Center on our base. That's just one less line you have to stand in.

Then, at the Esplanade, we re-affirm our stance to not go to DCA until A) the price goes down, or B) the number and quality of attractions increases to where we think it's worth $43. This is usually accomplished by a look at the entrance lines for Disneyland vs. DCA, and a comment usually along the lines of "think of the new E-tickets we could have in Disneyland if not for that thing!" (Sorry, DCA fans, no offense, to each their own.)

Through the gates and it's non-stop action. Usually it's Indy first, then through New Orleans Square (PotC, HM), and back to Splash if it's not too cold. Then we work back and forth across the park, usually doing the bigger rides 2-3 times, and finishing off with a parade/fireworks/Fantasmic, followed by a little shopping.

When we were teenagers we'd keep up this pace all day, sticking to the big rides for the most part, but nowdays by the afternoon we're slowing down, going on smaller rides, like the Fantasyland dark rides we'd call "boring" a few years earlier. The wisdom of age...

Oh yeah, and we ALWAYS go from Opening to Closing. If I had an AP it would probably be different, but gotta get the money's worth without one...;)

EandCDad
01-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Get their before the park opens on a weekday. We go either way . . . through the tunnel. Head to the rope and on the drop walk quickly to Fantasyland and ride Peter Pan. After that it is usually Toad, Pinocchio, and Snow White. Then around the corner to Tea Cups and Alice. Then it gets sticky. Out to Toontown for Goofy's Bounce House and the Go-Coaster or the back way to Frontierland for Pirates, Big Thunder and the Haunted Mantion.

Then it is pretty much a free for all.

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2002, 03:01 PM
I have been to DL sooo many times it's hard to count and I still can't seem to keep a routine. I get so caught up into the place that I totally forget about a routine. I guess it's because the "magic" gets the better of me and sends me into a fenzy. So basically I guess I would say from the time I get into there it's a free for all.

Ace
01-25-2002, 05:11 PM
first, I run run run to Splash. if you're gooood and it's not an early entry day (which it isn't any more) then you can run through NOS by the ROA on a DAY when everyone else goes to Indy (it hapenned to me)... then I ride Splash until I have to wait more than 5 minutes, and then I go to the Mansion and then POTC and then a single rider for indy. then I get a dole whip and then I do whatever I want. INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE.

Julie
01-25-2002, 09:39 PM
My friends and I usually don't get there until the afternoon, but we usually stick to the same routine:

1. Catch a late lunch in DCA (at Lucky Fortune, Taste Pilot's, or H + D)

2. Check the line for Soarin' (we always end up going Single Rider)

3. Get bored with DCA, so we head over to DL.

4. Then, it's either Indy or Big Thunder, followed by HM and Pirates

5. Toontown for Rodger Rabbit CTS and Gadget's

6. Matterhorn/Alice/Peter Pan

7. Space

8. Dinner, then off to the tram!

stinkerbell
01-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, I only go every other year or so, and when we go, we go for at least four to five days.......

The first day is a mess.....we usually go everywhere this day....and usually the least planned and the best day, too.

~Park opening
~Pictures in front of Mickey face
~Rent stroller
~Enter to the right
~Head through Main St., will see it later
~around the hub to the right, pics in front of castle, little videotaping, etc.
~Fantasyland--all rides, except usually Snow White
~Head left to BTMRR
~Lunch in NOS--gumbo in a bread bowl, get Indy FastPass
~Pirates, HM, Splash, line to see Pooh
~Tarzan's Treehouse, Indy, JC
~By this time, everyone wants to see Mickey, so we head to Toontown (grr), do the character thing
~Small World
~Dinner at the Plaza Inn, a parade,

~Then my favorite--going through the Photo Shoppe at park closing and hitting all the stores along that side of Main St. This is my ritual.

Day 2~~usually arrive via Monorail and hit Tomorrowland rides repeatedly, Matterhorn, Teacups, Fantasyland, then NOS and Critter Country again.

Day 3~~Ride Indy repeatedly.

Day 4~~Kids choice--usually makes no sense--we wander from Spash, to IASW, to Space Mt., to the Carousel, back to see Pooh, then over to Pirates, then back to BTMRR, then to see Mickey, over to Indy........very random, yet we manage to see it all using their haphazard schedule (they also have lists they make the last day, including food and all)

jslivinski
02-05-2002, 12:58 PM
I always try to enter on the right side (especially on the first morning), take a relaxing walk down main street and then spend the first hour in Fantasyland (while waiting for hubby to catch up to us). After that it's a free for all, sometimes ToonTown sometimes Big Thunder, depends on the kids.

pboeoahr
02-05-2002, 07:52 PM
As a not so often visitor I always make sure to go through the front gate and through the tunnels on the first day. Side doesn't matter, but it really makes me feel like I'm leaving the outside world behind. From there I soak in Main St. and enjoy the sounds and smells.