PDA

View Full Version : Grad Night

Pages : [1] 2

disneymeimei
05-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Would any cast member be willing to guess the attendence of grad night on Thursday 5/26. My daughter, the french dip eater, was wondering what to expect. I remember it being very crowded, maybe riding three rides. Space Mountain had just opened and the line was all the way down main street (I did not ride SM that night). Also, any advice or tips for making it through the night. Thank you in advance...

P.S. Check out my sig line.. : )

Catcherman22
05-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Not a cast member,

But when we had ours in 2002... it seemed like a non holiday weekday. All the major rides were between 10-20 minutes.

Definitly a lasting memory.. I had so much fun that night :-)

Dan

AB29
05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Would any cast member be willing to guess the attendence of grad night on Thursday 5/26. My daughter, the french dip eater, was wondering what to expect. I remember it being very crowded, maybe riding three rides. Space Mountain had just opened and the line was all the way down main street (I did not ride SM that night). Also, any advice or tips for making it through the night. Thank you in advance...

P.S. Check out my sig line.. : )
typically the first couple of grad nites are low attendance, around 9,000 or so, and the later ones where the LA and OC kids come are large attendance, 25,ooo or more.....don't hold me to that but that is the way it has been in the past

WITron
05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
My advice is to not work at the grad nite before :) . I was a CM and worked the Grad Nite the night before mine and got home at about 5 am. Then I got up at about 7am for our senior breakfast and didn't get anymore sleep until on the bus home. I guess I was just getting prepared for working 3rd shift.

SilverStyle
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I am not looking foward to work grad night at all. However I am working blast off at tower. Like mentioned above, low attendance is usually the 1st part then follows the crowds later in the month

DCAWhites
05-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Im not upset about having to work the grad nights, i'm just upset at having to come back 8 hours after my grad night shift to work another long shift. smack dab in the middle of the 8 hours i have class.

vegasmommytoDL
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I found out that the night we arrive in the hotel, June 2nd, is a Grad Nite. I remember my Grad Nite (back in 1998 we bused all the way from Vegas) and we were all WILD. I hope it won't be too noisy from the Disneyland Hotel. I wonder if many of the kids will stay over for that weekend or if it shouldn't impact the park occupancy that much.

I also worry about parking the car at the hotel when we get there. I remember the lot being FULL of buses. (Which lot I don't know - we walked in from BEHIND Splash Mountain, the only time I have ever been behind anything.)

If anyone has any tips to calm my worries please let me know =)

Mark Mywords
05-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I hope it won't be too noisy from the Disneyland Hotel. I wonder if many of the kids will stay over for that weekend or if it shouldn't impact the park occupancy that much.

Our vacation ran into a Grad Night last year. Other than the park closing down early on that night, it had absolutely no noticeable effect on our vacation. We were also staying at the Disneyland Hotel and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I was sort of amazed that Grad Night didn't leave SOME sort of trace behind...

vegasmommytoDL
05-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Our vacation ran into a Grad Night last year. Other than the park closing down early on that night, it had absolutely no noticeable effect on our vacation. We were also staying at the Disneyland Hotel and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I was sort of amazed that Grad Night didn't leave SOME sort of trace behind...

Thanks... That makes me feel a little better. :)

MyBeast
05-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Grad nights and blast offs take place on thursday nights, run from 9-12 at DCA(schools pay extra for this) and then 12-6 at Disneyland. From what I hear, they get pretty busy towards the end of the grad night season. So next week shouldn't be too bad, A lot of rides will be open. Make sure she naps before hand.

DLRCM
05-23-2005, 12:04 AM
I worked the Grad Nite this past week, and am scheduled for the next two. It really wasn't much fun at all. Other than the obvious lack of sleep, the teenagers were obnoxious. At my attraction, we all wore earplugs while working, because the amount of screaming echoed throughout the station. Try that for an 8-hour 11pm-7am shift!....lol. It was even worse that I came back at 4pm for another 8 hour shift!

I was told the attendance was between 5,000-8,000. Not bad, but the attraction lines were 45 min+... (No fastpasses running either)...

CinemaGal15
05-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I worked the last one and also scheduled for the rest, I think. But yes, the first few are low attendence, but this next one will be a little busier. Only a few schools go to the DCA blast off because it is extra money, so don't ever judge that attendence compared to Dland's. Most people go for the clubs that are all around the park and the rides are kind of extras for most students. But my advice is to eat before you come because not that many food places are open and they will definently have LONG lines. Also make sure you graduate wears warm clothes because everyone was complaining about being cold and trying to sneak into the Chaperone Headquarters, where they aren't allowed.

SilverStyle
05-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Worked over at ToT, we had a 75min wait over the period of the night. We have a contest on how many pictures get deleted.

DLRCM
05-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Worked over at ToT, we had a 75min wait over the period of the night. We have a contest on how many pictures get deleted.

That's hilarious!

vegasmommytoDL
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM

Oh my! Isn't there a website with naughty disneyland pics somewhere? I thought I remembered seeing it a long time ago.

MyBeast
05-24-2005, 02:21 AM

I'll be one of the ones deleting them in a couple weeks. God bless the protect button.

Mark Mywords
05-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh my! Isn't there a website with naughty disneyland pics somewhere? I thought I remembered seeing it a long time ago.

The infamous "Flash Mountain" site. A bunch of snaps of ladies pulling up their shirts on Splash Mountain souvenir photos. What fun :rolleyes: .

Birnbaum's Unofficial guide mentions the site and actually reviews "Flash Mountain" as if it was an attraction. Yet another reason why I despise that book...

Ulysses
05-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Don't sweat the parking. The buses will not park in the Mickey and Friends parking structure or the DLH parking lot. Grad nite has little or no affect on daytime park attendance. They do tend to try to hustle the day guests out early at the end of the evening to prepare for the grads.

SilverStyle
05-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Don't sweat the parking. The buses will not park in the Mickey and Friends parking structure or the DLH parking lot. Grad nite has little or no affect on daytime park attendance. They do tend to try to hustle the day guests out early at the end of the evening to prepare for the grads.

Yep, Actually grad night doesnt start to real late at night, when all the regular day guest are gone. There is also blast off at DCA 9-12 and to disney 12-5?? Dont remember

WITron
05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I found out that the night we arrive in the hotel, June 2nd, is a Grad Nite. I remember my Grad Nite (back in 1998 we bused all the way from Vegas) and we were all WILD. I hope it won't be too noisy from the Disneyland Hotel. I wonder if many of the kids will stay over for that weekend or if it shouldn't impact the park occupancy that much.

I also worry about parking the car at the hotel when we get there. I remember the lot being FULL of buses. (Which lot I don't know - we walked in from BEHIND Splash Mountain, the only time I have ever been behind anything.)

If anyone has any tips to calm my worries please let me know =)

The studenats are bused in and are not allowed to leave the park until the morning when they take a bus back. So this should not affect your trip.

vegasmommytoDL
05-24-2005, 09:41 PM
OK... I now I feel a lot better about the parking! I was kind of worried!

Thanks guys.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I love working Grad nites. Their fun, yeah the park is filled with a bunch of kids that think they can get away with anything but its funny when you bust them doing something their not suppose to and scarying the crap outa them. I think i walked home last year with about 50 Zippo lighters. And a bunch of other stuff that i had to turn in to Anahiem PD. And its fun working from 10pm-6am and catching the bus home and sleeping the rest of the day or going home for like 8 hrs then coming back to work for an 8hr shift cause your Schuleduer is a crack head and messes up your hours. But thats a different story.

SilverStyle
05-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I love working Grad nites. Their fun, yeah the park is filled with a bunch of kids that think they can get away with anything but its funny when you bust them doing something their not suppose to and scarying the crap outa them. I think i walked home last year with about 50 Zippo lighters. And a bunch of other stuff that i had to turn in to Anahiem PD. And its fun working from 10pm-6am and catching the bus home and sleeping the rest of the day or going home for like 8 hrs then coming back to work for an 8hr shift cause your Schuleduer is a crack head and messes up your hours. But thats a different story.

Haha...that option of sending them back to the bus is so nice. I believe they have them park at Timone parking lot. I can't remember my grad night, it was so long ago.

disneymeimei
05-27-2005, 02:56 PM
My senior had a fine time and is worn out from being up all night. I'm hoping she will post a grad nite trip report when she is more awake. Thank you to all the CMs that were there last night. She said you put up with quite a bit of abuse from the teens. She was impressed with your dedication to making a fun night for them.

And to the CM at the gift store in TomorrowLand, I'm not that mean of a mom, I would have let her in the house even if she did not buy a souvenier. :p

MuckaMowie
05-28-2005, 06:04 AM
QUOTE]going home for like 8 hrs then coming back to work for an 8hr shift cause your Schuleduer is a crack head and messes up your hours. But thats a different story.[/QUOTE]

We must have the same scheduler ;)