PDA

View Full Version : Room Service at DLH?

THpoohbear
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
If you happened to read my last thread, I was looking for a place to stay and eat from my upcoming anniversary. :p http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40985 I was torn between the Coast Ananheim, and the Sheraton, but finally found a decent rate at the DLH, so we're staying there!. Yay! (Sorry, Emma!) I know some don't like it, but I'm excited as I've wanted to stay there my whole life.

I'm still thinking through dinner and breakfast options. I know Napa Rose comes highly recommended. I'm considering that, Granville's or room service.
Has anyone had roomservice at DLH and if so how was it?

Also, any recommendations for breakfast within the resort but OUTSIDE the parks? (Park doesn't open until 10) I'm also considering room service for this. I don't think we want the character breakfast at Goofy's. Thanks guys!

bradk
05-18-2005, 10:15 AM
are you saying you don't want disney breakfasts at all? because there's also storytellers in GCH.

plus you have most of the restaurants in DTD such as rainforest cafe. there are also restaurants along harbor boulevard. mimi's (not sure if they're open for breakfast), ihop, denny's, mcdonald's, etc.

tlovesdis
05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
We had room service from the DLH in December and it was ok. Nothing fancy. It was kind of expensive. Had we not been so tired we would have just gone to DTD or maybe something at the hotel to eat.

Mark Mywords
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
I know some don't like it, but I'm excited as I've wanted to stay there my whole life.

How can anybody not like the Disneyland Hotel? We always try to stay there (this year we're doing 3 days at the Grand and 3 days at the Disneyland Hotel). I even have "Favorite" rooms there (2037&2039 in the sierra tower)!

It's always great!

That being said, I would rate DH roomservice as average.

For breakfast, we usually catch a quick bite at the La Brea Bakery. It's right there on the esplanade. The only bad thing is that their prices have gone up quite a bit over the past two years.

stan4d_steph
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Nicer table service places for breakfast in the resort include Storyteller's Cafe, which is a character meal but the interaction is more low key. The food is very good, with option for a buffet or ordering off the menu. You might also consider Uva Bar (downstairs portion of Catal).

THpoohbear
05-18-2005, 10:30 AM
are you saying you don't want disney breakfasts at all? because there's also storytellers in GCH.

plus you have most of the restaurants in DTD such as rainforest cafe. there are also restaurants along harbor boulevard. mimi's (not sure if they're open for breakfast), ihop, denny's, mcdonald's, etc.

I want to eat within the resort so we'll stay close to the park for opening, but didn't want to eat inside DL because they don't open until 10. Eating breakfast later than 10 would be too close to our ps at Blue Bayou at 12:20. :)

Bradk, I hope you have TONS of fun on your trip. I hope you love the Wild Animal Park. I grew up right next to it. Have a blast! :D

T&Rshep
05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
As far as outside the park I would recommend Mimi's. They open at 7am and there breakfast is fantastic! They have a good selection, good size portions, and the decor is pretty cool. Other than Goofy's kitchen, room service, and the Coffe House (like starbucks) there isn't anyother place to get breakfast at the DLH. I don't recommend the room service because it is so expensive, not that great tasting, and the portions are small.

adriennek
05-18-2005, 10:38 AM
How can anybody not like the Disneyland Hotel?

1- On my last visit, the bedspread on my bed was dirty with what looked like dried oatmeal. I kept trying to convince myself it was dried oatmeal at least...

2- The power went out to our tower (Bonita I think it was- the one by the waterfalls.) They offered us GLOW-STICKS. But only after we got to our room and found out the power was out. There were CMs standing in the lobby of our tower, near the elevators, holding glowsticks. They didn't WARN us before we went upstairs that our power would probably be out! They let us go upstairs to a dark room!

3- They offered us no compensation or reduced rate for the huge inconvenience.

At least the dark made it harder to see the dried oatmeal on the bedspread.

Adrienne

hlbtimes2
05-18-2005, 10:39 AM
I've heard that whitewater is a good breakfast option. Affordable, quick, and taste good. Havent tried it myself, maybe in Oct.

stan4d_steph
05-18-2005, 10:41 AM
I've heard that whitewater is a good breakfast option. Affordable, quick, and taste good. Havent tried it myself, maybe in Oct.Yes. I love the breakfast biscuit. It's a homemade biscuit with bacon, egg and cheese.

05-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Room service makes the room smell for hours. I'd rather go out, obviously.

We had room service at DLH in '98 (the Jurassic, I know). It was fine. Nothing more special than you'd get at a nice table service restaurant.

Napa Rose, that's where it's at.

sierranevada
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree that room service at DLH is average - however, I love the hotel (just my two cents ;) ). I have eaten at both Napa Rose and Granvilles and personally prefer Granvilles - great food, quieter and more intimate. For breakfast - there is a coffee shop at DLH or in DTD, there is La Brea, Compass Books Cafe and don't forget Beignets at Ralph Brennans for a splurge!

dlandnut
05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Order room service when you're too tired for anything else! I always make it a point to order room service at the DH at least one time on our trip. That said, it is expensive, and there are a lot of options that may be better. But one time. . .it's a must. :)

Wendi
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I highly recommend breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe... it's the best!!! If you want an economic option, try Whitewater Snacks. They sell lots of basic breakfast items, plus you can order breakfast burritos, french toast sticks or breakfast biscuit sandwiches. Everything is good and fairly inexpensive.

disneyochem
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Although I agree that room service at DLH is nothing special (although one of girls claims that the pasta from room service was the best ever!!), it is nice to have the option after a long day at the park. My two favorite places for breakfast when staying at DLH: Storyteller's Cafe and Ralph Brennans. I love the beignets! You can also get french toast dips and yummy bacon.

Disneyfamily3
05-18-2005, 03:23 PM
We too loved Storytellers for breakfast if you are looking to sit down. We did La Brea last time and took it back to GC and sat in front of the fireplace,then headed for the parks. We did Granvilles for our anniv. and it was awsome,let them know you are celebrating and a great desert is on them!!!

Disneynerd
05-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Hubby and I stayed at the DLH in 2004. Room service was fantastic. We chose what we wanted the night before, marked it on our little door hanger thingy and it arrived bright and early the next day. This allowed us to fuel up and not miss lining up for rope drop. For the two of us, it cost about $48. And we are big eaters. I was also pregnant, so I believe I may have over-indulged:rolleyes: .