PDA

View Full Version : "American Journeys", "America the Beautiful", and "Captain EO"

PragmaticIdealist
05-18-2005, 08:54 AM
I was impressed that so many people mentioned the underscore to "American Journeys" as their favorite piece of Disneyland music, and I agree wholeheartedly. In addition to "Another Part of Me" and "We Are Here to Change the World" from "Captain EO", I also very much like James Horner's musical underscore to the film. I would be interested in any of this music if Disney made it available on CD.

Moreover, I would be interested in buying videos of "Captain EO", "American Journeys", and "America the Beautiful" if Disney made them available on DVD.

I know Disney, one time, allowed MTV to air "Captain EO", and I tried to get a good recording of it on VHS. But, I really couldn't. Even without the stereoscopic presentation and the in-theater effects, the George Lucas/Francis Ford Coppola short-subject film is quite entertaining.

Additionally, "American Journeys" is such an excellent travelogue that it also would do well out of its original Circle-Vision 360 format. Is there enough interest among any of the rest of you to see these films released on DVD and, perhaps, sold in Tomorrowland and elsewhere?

sunfun94
05-18-2005, 09:01 AM
I would run with that... I miss those attractions!

stan4d_steph
05-18-2005, 09:07 AM
The track from the CircleVision "America the Beautiful" is on the 6-CD 50th Anniversary set; no commentary, just the score.