PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought about it? (Heading the car toward Disneyland)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lekta
05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
The last few weeks have been hard, I cannot foresee the next time I will get to go to DL, it will literally be over a year I'm sure :( . At any rate, there have been several recent days where I have daydreamed while driving somewhere of just turning the car south on I-5 and driving until I hit Disneyland. I have enough money for that (although I shouldn't spend it) and not to mention my car isn't in the best condition, but, just the thought that I COULD head down there and be there in 16 hours drives me crazy. :fez: The simple fact that I could see the park today plays with my mind.

One of the biggest reasons I would love to be wealthy (other then the obvious), it would provide me with the freedom to do such a thing and don't think I wouldn't take advantage of it!

Does anyone else have these wild thoughts?

Mark Mywords
05-17-2005, 01:12 PM
It's even worse for me.

I-5 runs RIGHT by my house, and it's only a 7 hour trip.

You know, if I take off right now...umm, hey what time does the park close tonight? ;)

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 01:12 PM
There are many times I have to talk my husband out the exact same situation. He always wants to just get on I-5 and keep going. I make him go to the disney store instead.

Mommy2NicknMax
05-17-2005, 01:38 PM
My husband says this to me everytime we're on I5 south. He'll say, "Well all four of us are in the van and we're heading south on I5." I smile and say what I always say, "Does that mean when we get there that I get to buy all new clothes for all four of us!" :D

Oh dare to dream!!!

rentayenta
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Yes. Everytime that I talk to Coaster I end up planning another trip. This time it's for July 14-19 at the HoJo with our little kidlets. :D

05-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Sure! You're among friends, Lekta.

sami869
05-17-2005, 01:42 PM
It's only 6 hours (depending on traffic and how bad we're speading) for us. It's very tempting. Back when we had season passes we once realized we both had the weekend off (something very rare for us) so we really did just throw some clothes in a bag and head off to Disneyland. It's been over 6 months since the last tiem we went and it looks like it will be at least that long before we get to go again. Money's just too tight right now. Oh how I miss the days of driving down there every other month...

bukah
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
i think its about an 18 hour drive down I-5 for me.. over 1200 miles... but well worth it.

I did it once a few years ago, decided to go and left two days later... No regrets about it.

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
:|

7 hours :|

*gets the itch to just go NOW* :~D

*realises she has no money* :(

:rolleyes: I will wait 59 more days.

:|

keschy
05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I have thoughts like that too. It would be so easy to just head that way and keep driving! I miss the days of being 40 minutes away and going once or twice a week. I sure love Oregon and I'm glad we moved but I really miss Disneyland!

hlbtimes2
05-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I've been day dreaming lately of turning my park hopper into an AP, while there in Oct. I keep thinking that maybe if I had a ticket, I would find a way to go more then every other year. My neice works for an airline, maybe she could take me on a buddy pass. Or maybe I could squirl away a little money and run away from home for a weekend. Yep, some good day dreams.

Andrew
05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Jen and I both have second jobs and work Sundays. One day last year--don't remember the month--we realized we both had the whole weekend off. We made a hotel reservation on Thursday and left after work Friday night. Love those spur-of-the-moment Disneyland weekends!

It happens when we realize we haven't been to the park in a couple of months or more.

Wendi
05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
I often dream of doing this... also, when I drive by the airport I'm always tempted to just take the offramp and jump on the next plane.

TrekkieDad
05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
It's even worse for me.

You know, if I take off right now...umm, hey what time does the park close tonight? ;)
Would you mind picking me up at exit 474-B in Stockton on the way? ;)

Rhiannon8404
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
It's even worse for me.

Hey, I-5 runs right by my house, too. We are off the West El Camino exit. Everytime I get on the freeway, I consider driving straight on to Disneyland. Sometimes when I've driving into downtown Sac and I hit the interchange and see the I-5 South ramp, I dream of taking it instead of going North. One day I'm sure I will.

My2kidsrule
05-17-2005, 04:17 PM
From Natomas Park in Sac to the parking lot at HoJo in 6:25 about two months ago. I put up a trip report here:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40509

I just took a new job that gives me normal monday-friday day hours, so my wife and I will be able to think about this more often!

kohl
05-17-2005, 04:19 PM
My kids and I talk about it whenever we are in the car! If only we had enough money to take spur of the moment trips.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey---I think we ALL feel this way, that's why we are here. We're like one big DL support group! :) Hey, the I-5 runs near me too...all the way from Seattle on down.

Rhiannon8404
05-17-2005, 04:23 PM
From Natomas Park in Sac to the parking lot at HoJo in 6:25 about two months ago. I put up a trip report here:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40509

I just took a new job that gives me normal monday-friday day hours, so my wife and I will be able to think about this more often!

Ok, you guys are practically down the street from us...6 1/4 hrs to drive down? You have given my husband a new goal to shoot for. ;)

kristen
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't really wanna move from where I live for many reasons, but one of the most unique is cause I am half an hour from d'land. My bro and I like once a month at least say "you wanna go to disneyland?" "why not?" and then we just go. we might walk in and do three rides and go home if it's already late, or spend the whole day there if the idea hits us earlier. Last-last week we decided to go after 5:00 mass on sunday cause my homework was done. We stayed until the park closed and went home. It was great. I'm sorry to all you guys who live so far, but I know I won't always live this close, so thanks to your notes here, I'm definitely going to appreciate it while I still can!

My2kidsrule
05-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Ok, you guys are practically down the street from us...6 1/4 hrs to drive down? You have given my husband a new goal to shoot for. ;)

Well, it was closer to 6 1/2 hours, and the key was the kids were in jammies, so they were in overnight diapers instead of having to stop with my son for potty breaks. We gassed up in Santa Nella and drove through starbucks in lebec, but that was it.

And we're going to be there the same time you are next month. We're driving down June 4 and going June 5-7.

Rhiannon8404
05-17-2005, 04:46 PM
We always gas up in Santa Nella and we always drive through Starbucks in Lebec...unless my son has to use the bathroom.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

wriley
05-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Mine is 25 hour drive, not very tempting.

Skunker
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
We almost moved to Arizona last year and I swear to you one of my biggest reasons for wanting to move there is that it's much closer to DL than I am now! Ha! I think about going everyday....my sister thinks about going everyday...my mother thinks about...well, you get the idea. It's a 16 hour drive for me also, but I am ready to go anytime!

SCUBAbe
05-17-2005, 05:06 PM
sometimes, but the thought of traffic and crowds changes my mind...LOL..(my drive is 1 1/2 hours with no traffic and up to 4 hours with traffic.)