PDA

View Full Version : Any Mine Train Stories or Photos?

smd4
05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
NEED PHOTOS AND STORIES ON NEW BOOK ABOUT THE MINE TRAIN ATTRACTION AT DISNEYLAND

Former Mine Train operator Joe Burns, with assistance from me, is soon going to begin working on a high quality, coffee table type book about the Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland which closed in 1977. This comprehensive, hard cover book will contain numerous photos, in color and black & white. If you are open to loaning photos for this project please see Joe's information below.

Joe was editor-in-chief of "Backstage Disneyland" and has been a magazine editor for Iwerks Entertainment, Composite Image Systems and EFILM. The audience for these full color magazines was the motion picture industry and theme park professionals. As a member of the "Order of the Red Handkerchief" (a group of former Mine Train operators), Joe created the 11 inch by 17 inch membership certificate that was offered to all men in the ORH.

The goal of this book project is to create a definitive history of the Mine Train at Disneyland. That history will include short bios about the people who designed and worked the attraction. If you have a Mine Train story (and photos of yourself or the attraction) please send them in. A name and address on the back of each photo would be helpful so personal items can be returned, or a high-resolution scan will do if you do not wish to send originals.

If you have leads on people who might have Mine Train stories please send that information along also. This is going to be a giant project, but it's time to get started and do it right. Hope you all have clear track and green lights for the rest of 2005.

Joe Burns
Box 4656
San Luis Obispo, Calif. 93403

beyondburns@earthlink.net

805-546-1011

Opus1guy
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I hope you can come up with some good photos of Rainbow Caverns. There were lots of professionally done photos of them, and many more airbrushed and color enhanced shots that tried to capture them...but I've never seen one that did justice to the beauty of that blacklight liquid masterpiece!

Good Luck on the book!