PDA

View Full Version : DL taking Priority Seating for July 17th starting today!

Pages : [1] 2

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I just called to get a lunch reservation at Blue Bayou for blueckles birthday and asked them about July 17th. The CM told me they are taking reservations starting today, so I grabbed a reservation for that day also. Yippee! I am celebrating the 50th at my favorite place and eating Monte Cristo!

Mistyj
05-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Thank you for the heads up! I wouldn't have thought about it if I hadn't read your post. I have made my reservation for the BB as well.

Hopefully, trying to get something to eat on July 17th won't be as impossible as it was on May 5th! At least they shouldn't have two of the largest restaurants closed for the media this time...

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
I started dailing at 5 till 8 this morning for the Blue Bayou! I'm after that monte cristo too. Some of the people at disney dine are saying that reservations for the 17th start on the 18th. NOT TRUE!!! They're taking them today.

Andrew
05-17-2005, 12:58 PM
As of right now (see posting time) BB is almost completely booked for Sunday the 17th.

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I'll bet anything that lunch sold out first. I found out the hard way one time that you can only get the monte cristo at lunch.

Jennifer
05-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Tried to make reservations for the 17th... They are already running out of room. They only have a few openings left for parties of 4/5 at around 11ish and 3ish

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
What time is everyone going? I got my reservation for 12:50!

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 01:10 PM
12:20, I asked for 12 but they filled up that fast.

HskrShelby
05-17-2005, 01:16 PM
How long was your wait to talk to someone? I'm on hold. :)

cstephens
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
How long was your wait to talk to someone? I'm on hold. :)

The Disney Dining line has been fairly busy lately. When I was on with them around 9am today, I was on hold for about 15 or 20 minutes.

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
I got right through when I called about an hour ago. Weird.

sdfilmcritic
05-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Hmm. I wonder if I called to make a reservation for a table at the Blue Bayou on the 17th of July if I will get seated on the porch with the old sleeping man. Will the food be delivered via hoverboat across the bayou?

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Hmm. I wonder if I called to make a reservation for a table at the Blue Bayou on the 17th of July if I will get seated on the porch with the old sleeping man. Will the food be delivered via hoverboat across the bayou?

No, but there is a chance blueckles and I will have a spot at our table that day . . . . . .

sdfilmcritic
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
No, but there is a chance blueckles and I will have a spot at our table that day . . . . . .My AP is blocked out for the whole month of July. :( And my mom's birthday is on the 18th. I'll have to send a pair of cute guys to take my place.

Oh, wait. You said "a place" with the intention of a singular use. Hopefully I will find a pair of conjoined twins to share the seat. :rolleyes:

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
My AP is blocked out for the whole month of July. :( And my mom's birthday is on the 18th. I'll have to send a pair of cute guys to take my place.

Oh, wait. You said "a place" with the intention of a singular use. Hopefully I will find a pair of conjoined twins to share the seat. :rolleyes:

Well, I can sit on one of their laps.

sdfilmcritic
05-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, I can sit on one of their laps. :eek: And you said you wish you were so bold with guys. ;) You're holding back on us!

nursemelis374
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I do think it kind of stinks that they are doing them a day earlier. All the 'regular' people won't be able to get them when they call tomorrow.

Wendi
05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Very smart to make the PS now! That was one of the best things we did for lunch on May 5th. I didn't realize it at the time I made the PS, but when we got to the BB there was a huge line (this was at 11:00 - we showed up early for our 11:30 PS to get a waterfront table). The people in line were told that they MAY be able to get a table within 4 hours... yikes! I wouldn't have waited. But the lines at all of the eateries that day were very long!!! We were thrilled to have had our early seating since we hadn't had breakfast, no lines, good food/atmosphere, and no problems for the day.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I just called to get a lunch reservation at Blue Bayou for blueckles birthday and asked them about July 17th. The CM told me they are taking reservations starting today, so I grabbed a reservation for that day also. Yippee! I am celebrating the 50th at my favorite place and eating Monte Cristo!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH I am sooooo jealous!!!! You lucky dog!

cstephens
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Very smart to make the PS now! That was one of the best things we did for lunch on May 5th. I didn't realize it at the time I made the PS, but when we got to the BB there was a huge line (this was at 11:00 - we showed up early for our 11:30 PS to get a waterfront table). The people in line were told that they MAY be able to get a table within 4 hours... yikes!

We did walk up to the Blue Bayou on the 5th and got in line at about 11am. We were seated at about noon, so that wasn't too bad. But someone on another board said they got in the walk up line at about 11:10 and didn't get seated until 1pm. We did notice that the line grew quickly behind us.

As for the "60 day" thing, I've noticed that they don't really mean 60 days - they mean 2 months, which is why July 17th reservations are available today.

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 04:08 PM
yeah I think we're going to pass on Blue Bayou for this next trip. We are going to go as cheaply as possible in July, and the easiest thing to cut down to the basics is food.
But we had a lovely dinner there on Friday May 6th and are happy to wait for maybe Christmastime :)

Disneyfun
05-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Okay I got my reservations for 12:50!!! Yahoo. I was so scared after reading your posts that it would be gone. I have been wanting to make my reservations since May 5th. And then I thought I missed my oprtunity. But I got in. It took about 8 minutes on hold and when the gentleman came on line and i told him what I wanted my reservations for he said You and the rest of the world! He said he was going to be sure he was no where near the park that day>!!!

As for saving money! We always share. It cuts the price and It is filling anyway.

Pilot Mickey
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
are the reservations opening today just for the Blue Bayou or for all DLR restaurants?

Disneyfun
05-17-2005, 06:09 PM
are the reservations opening today just for the Blue Bayou or for all DLR restaurants?
I would safely say all!

tmshpkns
05-17-2005, 07:28 PM
This sucks!

60 days is 60 days. 2 months is 2 months. 60 days is NOT necessarily 2 months -and in this case it isn't. WDW definitely works on counting days so I was waiting until tomorrow and planning on calling first thing. Guess we're out of luck now.

Tom