PDA

View Full Version : Do miniature replicas of DL buildings and attractions exist?

Pages : [1] 2

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I'd love to recreate Disneyland in my home somehow. Does anyone know if such figurines exist? For instance, a little replica of the Haunted Mansion that I could place near a little replica of Splash Mountain. Kind of like those little towns you see set up in craft stores during the holidays.

Thank you!

Crazy4Mickey
05-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I have often thought about his too. Does anyone know if these exist? And (here is the part where you laugh at me)........... At a reasonable price? ;)

SilverStyle
05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Yep, they do actually of certain attractions. I think they have one for space moutain and the Train station. I know they have a figuring of ToT. There is a shop on mainstreet that sell those.

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone! Reasonable? Disney? Now that's a fantasy!

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Yep, they do actually of certain attractions. I think they have one for space moutain and the Train station. I know they have a figuring of ToT. There is a shop on mainstreet that sell those.Do you know what the store is called? Too bad if only two exist, there must be more.

Opus1guy
05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Former teen heartthrob Bobby Sherman has some pretty remarkable Disneyland miniatures:

http://www.bobbyshermanfanclub.net/mainstreet.html

:)

stan4d_steph
05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
There are the excellently detailed Robert Olszewski miniatures that you can get at Disneyana on Main Street. Here's a previous thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=557516#post557516) with links to photos of some of the pieces.

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Former teen heartthrob Bobby Sherman has some pretty remarkable Disneyland miniatures:

:)Bobby Sherman, he's so dreamy!

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
There are the excellently detailed Robert Olszewski miniatures that you can get at Disneyana on Main Street. Here's a previous thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=557516#post557516) with links to photos of some of the pieces.This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank You! How on earth did I miss that thread?
Looks a bit pricey, not surprised though. I'm thinking I should reconsider my collection and switch to snow globes.

mowsluver
05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
This is probably not what you are talking about BUT I got the coolest Haunted Mansion and figures (caretaker, ghost bride, hitchhiking ghosts) at the Disney Outlet.
The HM was the most expensive at $10 and the figures were buy one at $10 and get two free (3 for 10).

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 12:34 PM
This is probably not what you are talking about BUT I got the coolest Haunted Mansion and figures (caretaker, ghost bride, hitchhiking ghosts) at the Disney Outlet.
The HM was the most expensive at $10 and the figures were buy one at $10 and get two free (3 for 10).This would fit a little better into the Disneynerd family budget! Where is this Disney Outlet? Who makes the figurines - is there a name on the bottom of them or on the box or something? Sounds cute!

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 12:37 PM
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank You! How on earth did I miss that thread?
Looks a bit pricey, not surprised though. I'm thinking I should reconsider my collection and switch to snow globes.

The Olszewski pieces are perfect in detail and absolutely gorgeous (we have been collecting them since day one).
They are pricey and that's kind of sad because I remember when the Castle piece was released (the first piece), it was $180 and they told us that it would be the highest prices of all of them, that they wouldnt go over $200 and therefore be a more affordable investment. Obviously that isnt true. They have and continue to go up, but we have started the set and will finish it.

But they truly are beautiful and we enjoy our collection. I am ever so glad they have started including AC power adaptors with them. The first ones done have them.

I would highly suggest not collecting the snowglobes. I used to and have since stopped. They all get air bubbles in them and they only grow over time (and no, none of mine are in any sort of direct sunlight and are kept cool.) Also one of mine (Tarzan) actually has a fungus growing in it. It's seriously gross.

We have stopped collecting them because it became apparent that they will not stand the test of time. Once they get air bubbles the water will evaporate and eventually they will be extremely low on water (I can only assume eventually they may even go dry...given enough time)

I dont spend money for collections for a short time enjoyment. I want them around for the long haul. I am confident the Olzewski pieces will give me that satisfaction.

YMMV

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 12:50 PM
The Olszewski pieces are perfect in detail and absolutely Thank you so much for this invaluable information. I never thought of the snow globes growing ugly. Or growing fungus for that matter. I really want something that represents the parks, not so much the characters, movies, etc....and it sounds like the Olszewski collection answers this call. Do you buy them on-line or at the Disneyana store?

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
We usually buy them in Disneyland, and we are on a list that they call us when new ones come out so that we can order them, or decide if we can just wait till our next trip. You can ask them to do this. They are however expensive to ship IMO, since they dont go by weight, they go by price. So far we have been fortunate in that we have had no problems waiting till our next trip (and we usually only go once a year...this year is a fluke that we are going 3 times)

This last time, since it had been since December since we had been there we were behind in our collection, but luckily they had all the pieces we lacked. We bought 3 structures plus all the little accessories pieces.
We bought them at 'Off The page' in DCA (since that's where we were when we saw them).
In Disneyland, yes, you can buy them at the Disneyana Gallery shop.
We got the Emporium, the Opera House/Hat Shop and the Arcade/New Century Jewelry.

This page (http://www.mousetreasures.com/houseofdisney/pages/Olszewski_Studios_Disney_Collection/Theme_Park/) looks like it has pics of every piece released thus far (including all accessory pieces), plus the upcoming Main Street Station and Mad Tea Party. (first site I came across when I googled that looked liked it had pics of them all handy)

Terrapin
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
The Olszewski pieces are indeed great. But if you are looking for attractions he has yet to release any pieces other than Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle. His first attraction will be the Mad Tea Party in another month or so.

There are replicas of the two attractions you mentioned - Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion - that I have seen in Disneyana and the World of Disney stores. They are much larger than the Olszewski collection - each probably over a foot tall. The cool thing about the Splash Mountain piece is that it cycles water thru it. Prices however are about the same as the Olszewski pieces - around $200.

Michael

Maus
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Bobby Sherman, he's so dreamy!

My best friend and I saw him at Disneyland once years ago. Now we know that he was/is a true fan! Groovy!

Chadsgal
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh how I would love to have that collection!!!!! Thanks for the link!! :D

Disney Vault
05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
There are the excellently detailed Robert Olszewski miniatures that you can get at Disneyana on Main Street. Here's a previous thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=557516#post557516) with links to photos of some of the pieces.
Does he plan on doing this for the entire park or just Main Street and select attractions? Those look amazing.

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Hard to say. Originally it was to be Main street and now, even though main Street isnt complete he's moving on to Fantasyland.
I had been wondering if maybe he was just planning on doing random pieces parts that are more considered as 'steeped in history' during this the 50th. We'll see. Perhaps next we'll see a Matterhorn or maybe IASW???

His health is not great though :( they could stop at anytime

cstephens
05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
There are replicas of the two attractions you mentioned - Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion - that I have seen in Disneyana and the World of Disney stores. They are much larger than the Olszewski collection - each probably over a foot tall. The cool thing about the Splash Mountain piece is that it cycles water thru it. Prices however are about the same as the Olszewski pieces - around $200.

Those are the big figs. There's also one of the Tiki Room, and one that has the four dark rides in Fantasyland.

Hard to say. Originally it was to be Main street and now, even though main Street isnt complete he's moving on to Fantasyland.
I had been wondering if maybe he was just planning on doing random pieces parts that are more considered as 'steeped in history' during this the 50th. We'll see. Perhaps next we'll see a Matterhorn or maybe IASW???

The plan is to do all of Main Street (which they're close to finishing), but for the 50th, Disney has asked him to do a few special pieces in celebration of the birthday. The mad tea party piece is the first of the special pieces. They had a mock-up of the Haunted Mansion that was really cool, and I think I recall them saying he'll also be doing the Astro Orbiter. I would personally prefer that he do the Rocket Jets...

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
The plan is to do all of Main Street (which they're close to finishing), but for the 50th, Disney has asked him to do a few special pieces in celebration of the birthday. The mad tea party piece is the first of the special pieces. They had a mock-up of the Haunted Mansion that was really cool, and I think I recall them saying he'll also be doing the Astro Orbiter. I would personally prefer that he do the Rocket Jets...

Thats kind of what we were thinking. That because of the 50th he was doing other random special peices. Thanks for confirming that :) Always good to know for sure

I Heart Disneyland!
05-17-2005, 04:08 PM

:)

Julie, Julie, Julie do you love Disneyland? (Some of you may not know what the heck I am singing there!)

Heeeeeeeey, how do you know about this Opus? Are you secretly Bobby Sherman!?!? ;)

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 04:43 PM
These are all so beautiful - especially lit up! I'm not sure about the figurines outside of the Olszewski collection, they might look out of proportion in my little Disneyland. But it's good to know that such pieces exist! Thank you so much Chyck for the link!:)

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 04:58 PM
My pleasure. Be warned, they are addictive ;)

Disneynerd
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
My pleasure. Be warned, they are addictive ;)I'm already addicted from looking at pics from the database! Do you have a picture or your set-up that you care to share? I'm curious as to how collectors display their pieces.