PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Leather Jacket?

disneychelle
05-17-2005, 11:12 AM
For anybody that has seen/purchased one what can you tell me about them? I know they exist and I've been drooling over the hope I'll get one when we go in November. Been saving those Disney visa points up!!! :D Are they cut for men, what do they look like, where have they been spotted at and the most important how much $$$? Thanks everyone!!!

AmandasDad
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
REally nice jackets. Full-cut. Supple leather. Really good embroidery on back front and arms.

$400. Too steep for me.

MyBeast
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Awww they aren't 400, only 385 and they are gorgeous.

bradk
05-17-2005, 11:55 AM
i remember tod's comment sticking out in my mind though, something to the effect that there was no 20th anniversary to speak of (in reference to the patches for each decade's anniversary). i think there was like a 10, but the next may have been 25 and they decided to do every 5 years after that.

T&Rshep
05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Disney Direct is selling a 50th anniversary leather jacket for $219. There are pics and everything on the website. It's listed in the mens section so I assume it's cut for men.

SteveK
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
There are actually two jackets I've seen. The full leather one ($385) and one that's got leather sleeves and a cloth body ($200+), kinda like a lettermans jacket. Both are very nice but way too much for me to buy. I haven't seen the one on Disney Direct in the park yet.
-Steve

spectromen
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
A while back I read a rumor of a fiber optic lit leather jacket for the 50th. Anyone know or heard of this and whether it's really coming?

Mickeyslittlehelper
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
A while back I read a rumor of a fiber optic lit leather jacket for the 50th. Anyone know or heard of this and whether it's really coming?

I havent heard of one, but if there is, i would probably have to get it.

AaronInCal
05-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, the jacket is very nice! I couldn't resist and had to get one. They seem to be sized a bit small. Usually I wear an XL size in jackets and sweatshirts, because I like plenty of room. But with this jacket I had to get the 2XL size and it fits just right. I believe the 2XL size is very popular probably for this very reason, because it took me a while searching. I even called Delivears to see which stores had the most in stock before I was finally able to get it. Now, of course it's a bit too warm to even wear it. But at least I have it for the fall now. :)

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 03:10 PM
My husband is a jacket whore. Gets one from Disneyland every year. Neither of the ones offered so far have floated his boat.

We're waiting to see if something else is available in July or in December. Cant see spending multiple hundreds for something he's not crazy about.

tod
05-17-2005, 03:53 PM
i remember tod's comment sticking out in my mind though, something to the effect that there was no 20th anniversary to speak of (in reference to the patches for each decade's anniversary). i think there was like a 10, but the next may have been 25 and they decided to do every 5 years after that.

There was a 10th anniversary (The "Tencennial") -- not that the patch on the all-leather jacket looks anything like it -- but there was no 20th, and the 25th was the big celebration. The 30th and 40th graphics were re-defined for the all-leather jacket -- neither looks like the logos that were designed for the occasion(s) -- but the real killer for me is the generic design on the back, a pallid Mickey-and-castle setup (with a perky little ribbon that says "Since 1955") that has all the personality of a cancelled check.

Pass. Especially for $400.

--t

cstephens
05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
but the real killer for me is the generic design on the back, a pallid Mickey-and-castle setup (with a perky little ribbon that says "Since 1955") that has all the personality of a cancelled check.

Some of us like that design - simple works for me. But then I also like the happiest homecoming designs too. But if I'm going to get a leather jacket, I can only get one.

BTW, there's supposed to be a leather jacket released in conjunction with the July 15-17 event, but there's no picture on the website yet.

tod
05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Some of us like that design - simple works for me.

I love simple. I'd take the old line-drawing Castle image in a minute.

What I said was "generic." Having no character. No distinctiveness. Homogenized. Like the decade patches on the sleeves.

Simple is cool. Or it would have been.

--t

mystycalchyk
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
but the real killer for me is the generic design on the back, a pallid Mickey-and-castle setup (with a perky little ribbon that says "Since 1955") that has all the personality of a cancelled check.

Pass. Especially for $400.

--t

That was our take. I would have liked to have seen maybe a replica of an original Disneyland map on the back, That would have been cool. (with some sort of patches on the arms, or something)

Plus I dont like the brown and black striped fabric elastic waist and wrist bands. I think it cheapens it up. Maybe if they were all black, but the stripes are cheap looking. YMMV

We are hoping for something maybe more spectacular later.

Mickeyslittlehelper
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I would have liked to have seen maybe a replica of an original Disneyland map on the back

I think this one is pretty cool. I like the map design on the back:

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=14745&Product_Id=181873