PDA

View Full Version : Metrolink [to DL]

potzbie
05-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Anyone ever take the TRAIN?
I live in the San Gabriel Valley.
I was toying with the idea of taking the Metro Rail to Disneyland.
It stops at Anaheim Stadiium, you know, and you would have to take a taxi or a bus to the "transporation circle" on the Harbor Blvd. side.
Has anyone used Metro Rail, or the LA/OC bus, to DLR?

West Covina Dave
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
I assume you mean the Metrolink, since that is the only mass transit train that goes through Orange County. The Metrolink (Orange County line) stops at both the Anaheim and the Fullerton stations (91 line also stops at Fullerton). You can take the OCTA bus from either station. From Fullerton you use the 43 south route, this picks you up right at the train station, goes south on Harbor and drops you off right at the taxi stand next to Disneyland (about a 1/2 hour ride), very little walking is required. If you go to the Anaheim station you have to walk from the train station to the north west corner of Katella and State College (about 1/2 mile) to get to the stop. You then take the OCTA 50 west and get off at the corner of Katella and Harbor (about a 10 minute ride). Probably another 1/2 mile walk to the main gate area.

I've done both, I actually like Anaheim more, but I enjoy walking.

Don't forget that the OCTA lets you on free with your Metrolink ticket.

Dave

bradk
05-17-2005, 01:24 AM
i'll be taking a bus from LA, the 460. not that it answers your question at all, i'm sure.

PragmaticIdealist
05-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Disneyland is well-connected to Metrolink's regional rail service. A special small and nice Metrolink shuttle is operated by the O.C.T.A. and provides express service, free of charge, from Anaheim Station to the Harbor Boulevard pedestrian entrance; Team Disney, Anaheim on Ball Road; and, the backside of the Disneyland Hotel, and vice versa.

The shuttle is specifically for Metrolink passengers and is used by Disneyland Guests and employees all the time.

The shuttle waits for train arrivals right at the curb of Anaheim Station in the parking area of Edison Field, so Metrolink to Disneyland could not be more convenient. The only problem is that Metrolink sometimes does not run as many trains on some of its lines as I would like.

I also believe that Disney runs its own special Amtrak shuttle from Anaheim Station because there is a Disney sign at the curb that refers to a "Magical Express" or something like it.

The Metrolink service over most of its lines is quite good, and I can tell you it can make going to Disneyland even more fun. I heartily recommend it as an alternative to driving, especially on the weekdays.