PDA

View Full Version : Random Matterhorn Question

Pages : [1] 2

GrimmGreen
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM
my father said that at one time the matterhorn tracks used to criss cross eachother?? i cant find any pictures of this... i have an old old video... and while the track is diffrent on the video , they dont criss cross... anyone?

Earkid
05-16-2005, 11:14 AM
The latest edition of E-Ticket magazine was just released. It has a huge article on the development of the Matterhorn. Wonderful issue. Problem is, I haven't read it yet, just thumbed thru the pics. One pic is a diagram of the tracks so that would be helpful to you.

Sorry, can't be of more help but you may want to order a copy from their website (http://www.the-e-ticket.com/). A real fascinating magazine. Now, if I only had time to read it today.

Opus1guy
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
While one track crosses over another at a couple of points in the attraction, there's no point where the tracks criss-cossed each other at the same point. Never.

GrimmGreen
05-16-2005, 12:59 PM
hmmmm id still like to reserch it ... maybe with some photographic evidance

Opus1guy
05-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Research it all you want, but you're not going to find any track criss-crosses in the history of the Matterhorn.

Wesley815
05-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Research it all you want, but you're not going to find any track criss-crosses in the history of the Matterhorn.lol, good reply... I wonder why he doesn't believe anyone? Oh well, guess it's his time wasted trying to research something that isn't true.

TheMur
05-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Research it all you want, but you're not going to find any track criss-crosses in the history of the Matterhorn.

I am old enough to remember the Matterhorn when there was no finished out interior. The physical tracks never actually crossed each other. There are times when one dips under the other.....

There are much better things you can waste your time searching for on the internet

GrimmGreen
05-16-2005, 04:51 PM
wow... i didnt realize yalls were such jerks , i'm not trying to challange your supreme knowlege of disneyland , i just wanted to see some pictures is all , :mad: i'm just curious , so thanks for playing

tod
05-16-2005, 05:46 PM
wow... i didnt realize yalls were such jerks , i'm not trying to challange your supreme knowlege of disneyland , i just wanted to see some pictures is all , :mad: i'm just curious , so thanks for playing

We're trying to save you time and trouble. I watched them building the Matterhorn from the Skyway as a kid. I've ridden it many, many times -- maybe even hundreds -- since it opened, daytime, nighttime, twilight, pick 'em. Both sides. I rode through it just as many times on the Skyway too. When it was a big empty space filled with tracks, when it had one tunnel for the lift hill and my evil-minded brother couldn't spit on people any more, when it became a maze of ice caves.

Been there, done that. No crossover, ever. Look all you want, you won't find it.

But go ahead and search if it makes you feel better.

--t

SJSman
05-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Don't worry about them, GrimmGreen. There are some people on these websites that think they know everything and sometimes they need to prove it to themselves. Though they were right about the tracks, there is no reason to be rude about it. It's their problem, not yours.

bradk
05-16-2005, 05:53 PM
i don't get it. you asked a question, you got an answer. you didn't like the answer you got, so instead of just saying thanks, you decide the answers can't be right.

could you just imagine the safety implications if the sleds were allowed to cross paths? it's one thing to give the sensation of near-misses, but it's a whole other animal to taunt them.

SJSman
05-16-2005, 05:56 PM
"Been there, done that. No crossover, ever. Look all you want, you won't find it. "

Case in point. Just everyone calm down. I promise that you know a lot about Disneyland and I trust your all-knowingness oh holy Disney geeks. Now lets just all calm down and move on.

Earkid
05-16-2005, 06:11 PM
wow... i didnt realize yalls were such jerks , i'm not trying to challange your supreme knowlege of disneyland , i just wanted to see some pictures is all , :mad: i'm just curious , so thanks for playingYour appreciation of my help is overwhelming. :|

I linked for you a website where you could order a magazine that would give you all the pictures and diagrams you could want.

You're welcome. :|

wriley
05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I dont think there has ever been a roller coaster where two tracks crossed as it would be much too dangerous to trust that they would never reach that point at the same time.

Disney Show Member
05-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I dont think there has ever been a roller coaster where two tracks crossed as it would be much too dangerous to trust that they would never reach that point at the same time.

that iz very true. No roller coaster has done that. Also, the way the Matterhorn iz built, replacing the track at one point would result in a completely overhaul of the building itself. Every wonder y no other Disney park has every tried or even thought about building their own Matterhorn? I heard it would b to much of a headache i've heard. I personally would think they could to a much better job now and create alot better with todayz technology of rollercoaster and Disney mountains

wriley
05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Everest at animal kingdom looks cool, its massive, way bigger.

Opus1guy
05-16-2005, 10:36 PM
wow... i didnt realize yalls were such jerks

This is just me mind you, but personally I think something along the lines of "Thank You for your replies to my question" would have been much more appropriate than "yalls were such jerks."

GrimmGreen
05-17-2005, 06:39 AM
seems i need to throw some apologies out , so yes i'm sorry , and thanks for your feedback , theres no reason to bicker (sp?) , i think sometimes people think they " know it all " about a certain subject , disneyland in this case , and refuse to even think for a second that they could be wrong, and Earkid thanks for that link to the e-ticket magazine , that was rockin , i wish i had the cash to subscribe! , cant we all just get along , sorry again for the jerks comment... but i felt attacked ,

bradk
05-17-2005, 06:42 AM
so if you ask if the moon is made of green cheese and i tell you no, but you decide that's not good enough so you'll go elsewhere, i'd just be an evil know-it-all who isn't willing to accept i'm wrong?

why ask a question at all if you aren't going to accept the consequences of getting an answer?

good luck on your quest.

sdfilmcritic
05-17-2005, 06:46 AM
As far as I know the tracks have never actually physically crossed each other. It would be too dangerous to operate such a design. However in the current design of the ride the tracks "cross" each other when one track is laid over a bridge while the other track dips underneath the bridge.

GrimmGreen
05-17-2005, 08:22 AM
so if you ask if the moon is made of green cheese and i tell you no, but you decide that's not good enough so you'll go elsewhere, i'd just be an evil know-it-all who isn't willing to accept i'm wrong?

whoa easy... i said sorry... i accept the answer... i may have just been misinformed... i wasnt attacking you... i like your avatar though... i didnt realize what it was untill just now... heh :)

arpinl
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM

...when I read the above, I thought GrimmGreen was indicating a desire to learn more about the ride's history/construction in order to figure out what aspect(s) of the tracks made his father think they once criss-crossed, rather than insinuating that any one of the individuals who took the time to reply to his post was a liar or misinformed. :|

HorizonsA
05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I for one would love to see pictures of the Interior of the mountain before the caverns were added. I can't even imagine what it looked like. I don't have money to subscribe to that magazone, so hopefully some pictures will turn up somewhere. So far, I've had no luck on the Internet, just what my mom has told me what it looked like.

bradk
05-17-2005, 09:53 AM
i recall reading that they sold issues of e-ticket magazine at the park (or at least used to).

stan4d_steph
05-17-2005, 09:58 AM
i recall reading that they sold issues of e-ticket magazine at the park (or at least used to).One place that they are sold is Disneyana on Main St.