PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trip Report: Block Party Bash

Disneyfun
05-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Okay I missed this morning and did not make breakfast and the hub but I did run later in the evening and Arrived at DCA In time fro the block party bash.
And it was a blast! We got there around 4:30 and the plaza was pretty filled up so we walked on down to bugs life area. We sat right in front of the entrance of bug land walk way. THe Music was fun and energizing. You definetly do not sit through this show. I almost wished my 3 year old was not with me. She was a little cranky and was having an attitude. ( I think she gets embarassed as mom dances and sings.) But I was having fun. SHe finally did go out and dance at the end. Oh the stop right infront of us was the front of the Monster's inc. group. We were right in front of the cones. At the end I did not know about the balls that would be coming out or that kids would be rushing to get them. We could of gotten one if we had been a bit more prepared. But it was too late by the time we realized it. This of course sent my daughter into tears because she wanted a ball.
So When the floats left we followed and then stopped acrossed the Golden Dreams. We were now able to watch the end of the BUgs life. This time my daughter was much more into the dancing and enjoying the show. Once again we did not get any balls. This time the balls only shot out towards the Golden dreams so we had no chance. So we headed back to the stroller we left at bugs land. We ran into one of the people who does the surveys. She was nice enough to give us stickers and MY daughter actually talked to her and said she liked the show very much!
So In all I enjoyed the show it was great to hear those up beat tunes. And even the 3 year old liked it tooo. Oh she did not like the pre-army show. They kind of scared her. When I tried to explain what and who they were she got all upset that they were so big. "They are suppose to be small!" She informed me. No problem with BOO being twice her size but the soldier were too big. LOL
As the survyor ask would I recomend the show. YES It is lots of fun.

bradk
05-16-2005, 12:52 AM
When I tried to explain what and who they were she got all upset that they were so big. "They are suppose to be small!" She informed me. No problem with BOO being twice her size but the soldier were too big.
smart kid. i feel exactly the same way about tinkerbell being in a parade. considering she was so tiny, she had to be portrayed by a flashlight on stage. freaks me out too.

BQ2
05-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks, great report! We have a 4 year old. Been there, done that with the cranky thing :)

DCADude
05-16-2005, 04:21 PM
sounds like you had fun. how did the audience react? I hope this stays for awhile. once turtle talk and monsters open, more guests will come in to experience this.

Disneyfun
05-16-2005, 04:36 PM
sounds like you had fun. how did the audience react? I hope this stays for awhile. once turtle talk and monsters open, more guests will come in to experience this.

The audience was not into the Soldiers at teh begining. Some of the kids got into. But everyone at both stop was really into everything. I think the music is so upbeat you can not help but get into it. It is adictive.

Okay What is this turtle talk. and where is it going to be?

TDBearGrrl
05-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay What is this turtle talk. and where is it going to be?

Turtle Talk with Crush is AMAZING!!! It is an interactive (albeit short) conversation with Crush, from Nemo. (Fin, Noggin, Dude) It is live computer generated animation. Crush asks the audience questions and the audience gets to ask Crush questions. He talks to the adults and the kids. (Big dudes and dudettes and Little dudes and dudettes) He asked my partner a question when we were at WDW two weeks ago and she is still excited about it. We were thrilled to learn that Crush is coming to Florida.

Disneyfun
05-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Turtle Talk with Crush is AMAZING!!! It is an interactive (albeit short) conversation with Crush, from Nemo. (Fin, Noggin, Dude) It is live computer generated animation. Crush asks the audience questions and the audience gets to ask Crush questions. He talks to the adults and the kids. (Big dudes and dudettes and Little dudes and dudettes) He asked my partner a question when we were at WDW two weeks ago and she is still excited about it. We were thrilled to learn that Crush is coming to Florida.
Will it be on a stage or will it walk around like the trash can in DL?

vegasmommytoDL
05-16-2005, 06:46 PM
At the end I did not know about the balls that would be coming out or that kids would be rushing to get them. We could of gotten one if we had been a bit more prepared. But it was too late by the time we realized it. This of course sent my daughter into tears because she wanted a ball.

Ok... your 3 year old sounds JUST like my 3 year old. Now that I know the floats will shoot balls I know she will cry if she doesn't get one... then I'll have to buy one for like $559.99 in the gift shop.

So, can you please explain to me when balls come out and what I should expect to do (or tell her to do) at that moment? Is it just one float that has balls, or many?

Thanks a lot! -Julia

bradk
05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
it's the monsters, inc. float that spits out the balls.

Disneyfun
05-16-2005, 08:20 PM
When we were right infornt of the bug life walk area. The balls came out of some place Yes this was the monsters section. THe big float with Sully on it was to our left And the balls seemed to come from my right.
When we followed it to the the golden dreams they came out to our left but went to the other side of the crowd. I also sae lots of stickers as I followed the float so I did consider that the other float mayhave sent out sticker? But not sure. Will have to see a few more time before I know for sure!

DCADude
05-18-2005, 06:59 PM
is DCA getting any crowds yet?

Disneyfun
05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
is DCA getting any crowds yet?
Well they were for the BLock Party Bash. It was a steady line going in right before the show and not many leaving. IF that says anything.?

05-19-2005, 06:35 AM
I almost wished my 3 year old was not with me. She was a little cranky and was having an attitude. ( I think she gets embarassed as mom dances and sings.) But I was having fun.

Just you wait until she's a teen! You'll embarrass her by simply breathing.

Fun trip report, Disneyfun. Thanks!