PDA

View Full Version : DLR Discount for Disney Visa Purchases

mkcbunny
05-15-2005, 01:38 PM
If everyone knows this, sorry for repeating. I searched "Disney Visa" and got a lot of threads related to other topics.

Just wanted to let people know that you can get a 10% discount if you spend over $50 on merchandise at DLR and pay with your Disney Visa card. [Don't know if the same is true at WDW.]

I do not know if this applies only to stores in the parks [vs World of Disney], or, if there are limitations, which stores are included. I made my qualifying purchase on Main Street. It does not apply to food, from what we experienced. But I had no idea of this discount before going, so I thought maybe other folks might like to know.

Be sure to ask the CM at the register first, as I do not know what restrictions there might be. The CM who helped me just said if you bought over $50 in goods, they'd take 10% off. Happy shopping!

Disnerd
05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
It works at WOD, but there are restrictions. i.e. Not good on Disney Dollars, WDCC, or original art work are a few.

Mark Goldhaber
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Found this:

Disney's Visa Card Brings Magical Moments to the 'Happiest Celebration On Earth'
Special 50th Anniversary Savings and Experiences and Unique New Card Designs To Delight Disney Fans of All Ages

ANAHEIM, Calif. and LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., May 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/
-- As mothers, fathers and children enjoy the "Happiest Celebration On Earth," Disney's global tribute to the 50th anniversary of the Disneyland park, Disney's Visa(R) Card from Chase (NYSE: JPM) will create magic for families everywhere.
The "must-have" card for Disney fans and travelers, Disney's Visa Card offers cardmembers and their families special 50th anniversary benefits, a Disney vacation package offer, a choice of fun-loving new card designs and up-close exposure to treasured experiences at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World(R) Resort. From chats with some of their favorite Disney pals to a preferred viewing area at one of Disneyland Resort's spectacular parades, families can make their visit to the Disneyland Resort during the 50th anniversary extra special simply by carrying Disney's Visa Card.
During the past 50 years, nearly 2 billion guests have passed through the gates of Disney theme parks around the world. During the past year alone, 95 percent of U.S. families with children under twelve years of age experienced the magic first-hand -- from park visits to Disney merchandise to their favorite Disney movies and TV programs.* In honor of this golden celebration, Disney's Visa Card, which has no annual fee, will unveil special 50th anniversary benefits to delight cardmembers and their families at the
Disneyland Resort, including**:

-- Disney and Me -- a daily cardmember-exclusive Character Meet and Greet experience with keepsake photo;
-- More for Less -- 10 percent discount at select dining locations as well as on merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disneyland park, Disney's California Adventure park and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort;
-- Calling All Collectors -- access to the limited edition, commemorative 50th anniversary Disney's Visa Card design featuring Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland park; and
-- Strolling Along Main Street -- a free stroller rental to carry around the littlest Disney fans.

Planning a trip to Disneyland? A special Disneyland Resort vacation package available exclusively to cardmembers offers access to memorable Disneyland moments, including**:

-- Snow White Up Close -- one-of-a-kind experiential benefits, including preferred seating at "Snow White -- An Enchanting Musical;"
-- Best View in the Land -- preferred parade viewing area at Disneyland park or Disney's California Adventure park; and
-- Taking the Magic Home -- a "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" tote bag to hold their memories.

For Disney fans planning to visit the Walt Disney World Resort, special Walt Disney World Resort cardmember benefits will be introduced this summer.**
For the first time, cardmembers can choose from five exciting card designs featuring beloved Disney characters and scenes, including Vintage Mickey, Mickey and Friends, Bambi and Pixie Dust, as well as the limited edition "Happiest Celebration On Earth" 50th anniversary card.
"The Happiest Celebration On Earth is a key milestone in Disney's history, and we want to make it easier than ever for Disney's Visa cardmembers to visit the Disneyland Resort and enjoy the best Disney has to offer during this anniversary," said Jennifer Cohen, vice president of consumer relationship marketing for The Walt Disney Company.
The magic for Disney's Visa cardmembers extends beyond the "Happiest Celebration On Earth." In addition to the new 50th anniversary benefits and card designs, cardmembers also experience the following everyday benefits, which make it even easier for families to enjoy the best of all things Disney:

-- Bambi, Baloo and Space Mountain, Too -- rewards earned on everyday spending redeemable at Disney toward nearly everything, from merchandise to DVDs to vacations and more -- with no blackout dates or capacity restrictions;
-- Vacation Fun and Then Some -- special vacation financing on Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages booked directly with Disney or a travel agent; and
-- We're Going to Disney! -- special monthly cardmember offers, including Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort vacation offers.

"Disney's Visa Card is the rewards credit card of choice for families and Disney fans," said Jim Delaney, senior vice president for JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s card services division. "Cardmembers not only earn Disney rewards on everyday card spending, but also have special access to memorable Disney experiences like daily cardmember-exclusive Character Meet and Greet events and special savings on dining and merchandise."
For additional information about Disney's Visa Card and special 50th anniversary benefits, visit http://www.disneyvisa50th.com.

About Disneyland's 50th Anniversary
Premiering May 5, 2005, the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth," an extraordinary celebration of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, will pay tribute to the millions of guests who have contributed to the rich legacy of this national treasure over the past five decades. It will be the biggest celebration in the history of Disney theme parks and the first truly global Disney event (with commemorative events planned at each of the Disney theme parks around the world in salute to Disneyland).

About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.2 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The company has approximately 94 million credit cards issued. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. Information about the firm is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com.

* Consumer survey of 2,051 U.S. adults conducted April 14-18, 2005 by Opinion Research Corporation on behalf of The Walt Disney Company.

** Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort benefits for Disney's Visa(R) Cardmembers are valid through September 30, 2006 and subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid theme park admission is required to take advantage of some benefits. The Disneyland Resort vacation package for Disney's Visa Cardmembers is valid for arrivals through January 2, 2006 and is subject to restrictions and changes without notice. Visit http://www.disneyvisa50th.com for more details.

SOURCE JPMorgan Chase & Co.; Disney

Mark Goldhaber
05-15-2005, 07:20 PM
From that disneyvisa50th.com site, the 10% discount carries this footnote:

4. Offer is valid only at select Disneyland® Resort stores and pin cart locations. Not valid on purchases of DVD, VHS, software media, Walt Disney Classics Collections, Walt Disney Art Classics, original or limited-edition artwork, selected collectibles, food or beverage, Disney Dollars, gift cards, ticket media, or Park admission. A $50 pre-tax minimum purchase is required. Discount does not apply at the following locations: Midway games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d’Orleans), Face Painting, Rubio Portrait Artist, or at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney®, Marceline’s Confectionery, and the Pin Cart.

stan4d_steph
05-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Void where prohibited. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Maus
05-16-2005, 06:37 AM
The only perk listed that I am interested in is the "daily character meet-and-greet." Anyone know any more about this? I haven't received anything with my credit card statement.

MyBeast
05-16-2005, 09:57 AM
It's at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. You get a free picture, I believe it happens when the park first opens for the day.

yellowrosedtxn
05-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I got this off my Disney Visa Card page:

Special Everyday Savings at the Disneyland® Resort for Disney’s Visa® Cardmembers!

10% off at select dining locations:
https://online.firstusa.com/images/284x10.gifhttps://online.firstusa.com/images/284x10.gif
Rancho del Zocalo
Carnation Café
Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port

At Disney’s California Adventure ™ Park
Pizza Oom Mow Mow
Wine Country Trattoria
The Vineyard Room

At Disneyland® Resort Hotels
Granville’s Steakhouse (from 6:00-10:00pm only)
Yamabuki
Disney’s PCH Grill

This is just one of the great benefits available to you during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth! For more information on other benefits, visit the Current Offers section of this website under the “Disneyland® Resort” Category.

And remember, when you use your Disney’s Visa® Card, you will always earn Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM!

1 Offer valid from 4/1/05 through 9/30/06. Present a valid Disney's Visa Card at time of purchase and use your Disney’s Visa Card or Disney Rewards Card for purchases. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to change without notice.

2 Excludes alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity. Discount valid at the following restaurant locations: in Disneyland® park: Rancho del Zocalo, Carnation Cafe and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port; in Disney's California Adventure™ park: Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Wine Country Trattoria and The Vineyard Room; at Disneyland® Resort Hotels: Granville's Steakhouse (from 6:00pm - 10pm only), Yamabuki and Disney's PCH Grill. Subject to restaurant operating hours and restaurant closures. Restaurant seating is subject to availability.

Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program

Offer made by Disney - Chase Bank USA, N.A. and its affiliates are not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Offer ID = 134867

yellowrosedtxn
05-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Special Everyday Savings at the Disneyland® Resort for Disney’s Visa® Cardmembers!

20% off select tours:https://online.firstusa.com/images/284x10.gif
Welcome to Disneyland
A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps
Discover the Magic

Advance reservations recommended and may be made up to 30 days prior to arrival by calling (714) 781-4400 or visiting Guest Relations inside City Hall at Disneyland® park.

This is just one of the great benefits available to you during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth! For more information on other benefits, visit the Current Offers section of this website under the “Disneyland® Resort” Category.

And remember, when you use your Disney’s Visa® Card, you will always earn Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM!

1 Offer valid from 4/1/05 through 9/30/06. Present a valid Disney's Visa Card at time of purchase and use your Disney’s Visa Card or Disney Rewards Card for purchases. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to change without notice.

2 Valid for “Welcome to Disneyland,” “A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps,” and “Discover the Magic” tours. Advance reservations recommended and may be made up to 30 days prior to arrival by calling (714) 781-4400 or visiting Guest Relations inside City Hall at Disneyland® park. Tour is subject to availability and operating hours. May purchase up to ten discounted tour tickets per purchase, per day. Tour tickets may not be sold or transferred for a commercial purpose.
Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program

Offer made by Disney - Chase Bank USA, N.A. and its affiliates are not responsible for offer fulfillment.

Offer ID = 134865

yellowrosedtxn
05-16-2005, 02:49 PM
There is a number where you can call to get a "new" look for your Disney Visa Card. There are a total of five - the Original one called Pixie Dust (the red with all the stars on it) and now there are four others. Bambi - with Bambi and Flower on it a field and green background. Vintage Mickey - with the older version of Mickey a grey/red back ground. Mickey and Friends - the newer looking Mickey, Donald and Goofy on it blue/red background. And then the Happiest Celebration on Earth one. This one has the castle, with 50 years on it (Tink flying) and it is a blue sky background with gold on the side. The number to order these are 1-888-315-4255.

This is what it says:

Give your card some magic character! Watch your mailbox in April/May for your New Disney's Visa Card from Chase. Though you will receive the standard red card design (Pixie Dust) you can now choose (at no charge) to change your card to one of these designs featuring some of your favorite Disney Characters... Then it says to call that number to select your new card design today!

It says Card designs are subject to availability and may change without notice. Limit one card design per account. Total five new cards designs to choose from. Now the Happies Celebration one is a Limited Edition.

Earkid
05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
There is a number where you can call to get a "new" look for your Disney Visa Card. There are a total of five - the Original one called Pixie Dust (the red with all the stars on it) and now there are four others. Bambi - with Bambi and Flower on it a field and green background. Vintage Mickey - with the older version of Mickey a grey/red back ground. Mickey and Friends - the newer looking Mickey, Donald and Goofy on it blue/red background. And then the Happiest Celebration on Earth one. This one has the castle, with 50 years on it (Tink flying) and it is a blue sky background with gold on the side. The number to order these are 1-888-315-4255.
Do not call 888-315-4255. I just tried it and I got a private residence. The nice lady that answered is getting a lot of calls about this promotion and is really frustrated.

Correct # 1-888-315-4225 I got this number directly from Cardmember services.

RideMax Mark
05-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Do not call 888-315-4255. I just tried it and I got a private residence. The nice lady that answered is getting a lot of calls about this promotion and is really frustrated.

The last four digits of the phone number are 4225, NOT 4255.

(Edited to note that Earkid beat me to it!)

vegasmommytoDL
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
From that disneyvisa50th.com site, the 10% discount carries this footnote:
4. Offer is valid only at select Disneyland® Resort stores and pin cart locations. Not valid on purchases of DVD, VHS, software media, Walt Disney Classics Collections, Walt Disney Art Classics, original or limited-edition artwork, selected collectibles, food or beverage, Disney Dollars, gift cards, ticket media, or Park admission. A $50 pre-tax minimum purchase is required. Discount does not apply at the following locations: Midway games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d’Orleans), Face Painting, Rubio Portrait Artist, or at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney®, Marceline’s Confectionery, and the Pin Cart.

Ok.... thats just silly... the FIRST line says "valid at pin cart locations" and the last line says NOT valid at the "Pin Cart".... I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple of years... is this statement contradictory or is "Pin Cart" a proper name for a specific place??

Also... AAA has discounts too I think.

mraw
05-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Does anyone have a link to where the new card designs can be found? I would like to see them before I choose one to order. The Chase website doesn't mention these new designs at all.

mraw
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
There are too many stipulations for that discount (even though I would qualify for them). The problem I have is getting the discount. The Cast Members never know what you are talking about when you mention it, and depending on who it is- convincing them is like squeezing blood from a rock. I'd suggest bringing a printout with you if you have a bag or purse to put it in.

Mark Goldhaber
05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok.... thats just silly... the FIRST line says "valid at pin cart locations" and the last line says NOT valid at the "Pin Cart".... I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple of years... is this statement contradictory or is "Pin Cart" a proper name for a specific place??
The pin carts in the park honor the discount. The Pin Cart in Downtown Disney does not.

experiment626
05-16-2005, 07:42 PM

I read it as NOT VALID at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney®, Marceline’s Confectionery, and the Pin Cart. Meaning you get the discount at WOD, MArceline Confectionery and Pin Carts in DTD but not at any other location.

experiment626
05-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have a link to where the new card designs can be found? I would like to see them before I choose one to order. The Chase website doesn't mention these new designs at all.
check them out, along with the other benefits here http://disney.go.com/visa/disneyland50th/

Mark Goldhaber
05-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I read it as NOT VALID at any Downtown Disney® District location other than World of Disney®, Marceline’s Confectionery, and the Pin Cart. Meaning you get the discount at WOD, MArceline Confectionery and Pin Carts in DTD but not at any other location.
Whoops. You're right. I messed up.

Tired. Must sleeeep.

mraw
05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
check them out, along with the other benefits here http://disney.go.com/visa/disneyland50th/

Thanks for the link. I think I will keep mine. The design for the 50th is the worst of them all. I've always had issues with that misshapen ribbon at the bottom of the golden castle. I kind of like the Classic Mickey, though.

experiment626
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I got my castle design a few days ago. I like it but it does lack some of the "sparkle" that the original red design has. You really can't even see the ribbon on the card because your name etc is embossed right on top of it.

yellowrosedtxn
05-17-2005, 05:09 AM

Correct # 1-888-315-4225 I got this number directly from Cardmember services.

Sorry I messed up. Thanks for correcting me. I'll leave it at that.

JeffG
05-17-2005, 07:01 AM

That makes a lot of sense, considering that those are the locations that are actually owned by Disney.

-Jeff

vegasmommytoDL
05-17-2005, 02:07 PM

I wonder if most of these benifits are available to ALL card members or do they have coupons for the benifits?

I paid for my trip with my Disney card and its 2 nights at Disneyland... I wonder if I could get those benifits? I booked with AAA though. I wonder if AAA is considered a travel agent booking through WDWT?

experiment626
05-17-2005, 07:26 PM
As far as I know you just show them your card for the benefits. I have seen nothing about needing a coupon/voucher.