PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go today? (Sat May 14th)

DisneyDustin22
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Just curious if anyone went today, how crowds were.

Tutter
05-14-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm just back. I was in DCA in the morning and it was empty. Then returned this evening and it was busier than I have ever seen it. There was also some kind of function on.

Also - for the whole time I was there, California Screamin' was broken with two trains of people trapped. We left to go across to the fireworks at 8.30pm and they were still there then.

The crowds in Disneyland park were very very big as well.

DisneyCharacter
05-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm just back. I was in DCA in the morning and it was empty. Then returned this evening and it was busier than I have ever seen it. There was also some kind of function on.

Also - for the whole time I was there, California Screamin' was broken with two trains of people trapped. We left to go across to the fireworks at 8.30pm and they were still there then.

The crowds in Disneyland park were very very big as well.

Where were the trains trapped? What colors were they?

Tutter
05-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Where were the trains trapped? What colors were they?

Not sure of the colours - one was trapped on the big incline up (not the very first one - the second one - the biggest one) the second one was just before the wavey bit (sorry not very good description).

MrsG
05-15-2005, 11:06 AM
I was there and it was quite crowded, especially around the new parade and fireworks. I heard about the stuck cars on Screamin'. Indy was also down for quite a while.

lauras5boys
05-15-2005, 04:28 PM
We were there and I had expected it to be much worse so I was pleasantly surprised. It also was not as hot as I expected to to be. We got there at 1pm and went to the Buzz ride (only 15 minutes in line if that), Jungle Cruise was very short too. Pirates looked really long so we skipped that. We had a great view of the parade at 4, then off to Block Party and then the fireworks. We had a good view of Block party but next time I need to make sure we are closer to the Incredibles. My boys were very upset that they couldn't see them clearly but boy did they love the show. And the fireworks were great. They LOVED inkerbell and were especially happy with the Star Wars music.

Disney Village
05-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Park was very crowded on Sat, but I’m sure its been worse. We were there from open to close and by going on several rides early with no lines and “banking/hording” our fastpasses throughout the day; we had built up quite a stash by 6pm. From there on out, we were able to go walk on all the e-ticket rides (multiple times) throughout the evening, even Splash, which had a 2hr wait most of the night. Only problem was Indy went down a couple of times, the last one was at 10:30p and I don’t believe it reopened.

Also saw parade and fireworks, in great locations only having to wait about ˝ hr for each!